Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring Wood Cottage by Folly

follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
Hi Everyone
I would like to share with you my latest build Spring Wood Cottage.
This is a little cottage with main feature is it's spring garden, with butterflies, beatles and a pond to fish in. :D It has no cc, I hope you enjoy. Folly
P.S A big thank you to Simeve for her wonderful tutorials. :D:D:D
Link
http://au.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4008906

5prj9e.jpg

29db9yr.jpg

23mngo5.jpg

2eqattz.jpg

349e69w.jpg

28lh1mc.jpg

35cfmux.jpg

30vdq2w.jpg

b6sjnb.jpg

25gukn4.jpg

This is my WIP Springtime Victorian it has been in my studio for over a year hopefully it is finished before my RL move. :roll:

243ma7t.jpg

Comments

• Options
    xkaylanicolexxkaylanicolex Posts: 3,760 Member
    edited April 2011
    This is beautiful. :)
  • Options
    EMPRESSPAMELAEMPRESSPAMELA Posts: 10,108 Member
    edited April 2011
    awesome use of hedges in your gate, beautiful home, rec'd
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hi Xkaylanicolex
    Thank you. :D
    Hi EmpressPamela
    Glad you like my hedge gate, I do not usually use CFE because it drives me nuts :roll:
    Thank you for the rec and kind comments. :D
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited April 2011
    I love cottages and this one is awesome. Thank s for sharing it. :D Recommended and favorited.
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited April 2011
    WOW Folly! :D What an adorable cottage! I love the entrance! How did you managed to use the hedge fence on the roof that way? :shock: Beautiful garden! My favourite part of the build is the interior. It looks so homely! I love the living room, double bedroom and the kitchen. Great colour combinations Folly! Left a well deserved recommendation! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Hope you finish your victorian soon! Looks gorgeous! :D
  • Options
    svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,409 Member
    edited April 2011
    Stunning folly, interior decor and out landscaping are both incredable. Tbh the landscaping with your rocks and floors pretty much takes your breath away. A well deserverd rec and a fav. Thank you for sharing.
  • Options
    svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,409 Member
    edited April 2011
    ps you CFE gate entry is such a good idea. I hope you dont mind if i borrow that for my grandmas A frame?
  • Options
    ducksimwickducksimwick Posts: 254 New Member
    edited April 2011
    What a stunning creation follyfoot!

So cozy and warm...
    Loved it :mrgreen:

Keep up the good work... :D
  • Options
    Gleek4EverGleek4Ever Posts: 206 New Member
    edited April 2011
    What beautiful detail! Its lovely:)
  • Options
    BelliliBellili Posts: 1,737 New Member
    edited April 2011
    It's a lovely cottage! I just love everything about it! Rec'd and put it in my favorites :mrgreen:
  • Options
    singgoutloudxsinggoutloudx Posts: 3,424 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Awe, super cute! Makes me think of this place called Long Grove in Illinois that I went to. Off to give it a rec!

:thumbup:

:D
  • Options
    DeathNoteSimDeathNoteSim Posts: 4,544 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Beautiful! Rec'd _ The interiors are stunning by the way :thumbup:
  • Options
    menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited April 2011
    I love everything about this cottage! The interiors are stunning and the garden is perfect for spring :D
    Rec'd and Fav'd
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hi Blacksheba
    Thank you so much. :D I love cottages too in fact I think I am addicted to building them. :lol:
    Hi Yanti
    Good to see you. :D As always you are very kind with your comments and they are very much appreciated. :D
    I made the hedge gate by using CFE as you would for a bridge then remove foundation and replace with fence and a gate using MOO. :D
    Hope that helps Hug's Folly :D:D
    Hi Svlyn
    Thank you so much I had a lot of fun landscaping this build. :D
    Looking forward to seeing your Grandmas A frame build and what you do with the hedge. :D:D:D Folly
  • Options
    OrathiOrathi Posts: 717 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Its DEFINITELY! not my style of homes i like but this exact one of a cottage style i like (: nicely done! will rec'!
  • Options
    kquinn1990kquinn1990 Posts: 1,975 Member
    edited April 2011
    This looks so well done. I love all the details you did with the CFE. Nice looking exterior, landscaping. Interiors look top notch too! A rec and favorite from me!

kauinn1990
  • Options
    Mythago68Mythago68 Posts: 690
    edited April 2011
    Oh, how did I miss this one :shock: It is beautiful as your builds always are. Also I realize that I have so much to learn about Victorian buildings. Your interiors always are so cozy and pretty. Would happily live in any of your houses if I was a sim :D:) Rec`d
  • Options
    socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited April 2011
    Ahh, I so love cottages! Yours is beautiful. Such attention to details. The hedge use over the entrance gate mirrors the roofline of the house nicely. So many human touches inside, like the wicker hope chest at the end of the bed with folded laundry on it, potted plants everywhere, including the kitchen. Wonderful landscaping too. The muted greens inside are very soothing. Very nicely done. Looking forward to the large, green Victorian WIP. It looks quite grand! Rec'd!
    Happy plumbobs to you :)
    Kirk
    5333973613_ed4ac33a1d_z.jpg
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited April 2011
    Beautiful Folly. You and Yanti make such stunning gardens. The house is divine. Rec'd :D
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hi Ducksimwick
    Thank you, :D cozy and warm is a lovely way to describe it. :D:D
    Hello Gleek4ever
    So glad you like it. :D
    Hi Bellili
    Awww.. thank you so much for the Rec, Fav and your lovely comments. :D
    Hi Singitoutloudx
    Iam glad to hear that it reminds you of a RL place. :D Thank you for stopping by and rec. :D:D Folly
    Hi DeathNotesim
    Thank you for your wonderful compliments, so happy you like it. :D
    Hi Mene
    Good to see you, I really appreciate rec and fav and Iam flattered by your comments. :oops:
    I will be stopping by your studio to see if there are any wonderful creations I have missed out on. :D Love your builds. :D Folly
  • Options
    Michellec1980Michellec1980 Posts: 380
    edited April 2011
    I wish I could make houses like that
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited April 2011
    Thanks Folly! (((Hugs))) I am always so weary of using the CFE cheat! :lol:
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hi Orathi
    Glad you like it. :D
    Hi Kquinn
    Thank you so much I really appriciate your, comment rec and fav. :D
    Folly
    Hi Mythago
    First of all love your new Avi she is gorgeous. :D
    Thank you for such lovely compliments, cozy sounds so good I just took my dogs for a walk and got caught in the rain. :shock:
    Hugs Folly
    Hi Socalkdl
    Thank for your comments glad you noticed the little touches in the decor. :D Hope to finish the Victorian soon so much work in Victorian builds, Iam amazed how many authentic Victorians you build. :shock:
    Happy plumbobs to you too :lol: Folly
    Hi Bluebell
    Lovely to see you, :D How wonderful to be in such company as Yanti thank you for the compliment. :D Iam a fan of your builds they always have a warm welcoming feel to them. :D Folly
  • Options
    petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    edited April 2011
    Wow Folly! I'm so glad you made a spring cottage. It's lovely as usual. Clever idea on the front gate. Rec'd, download, and fav'd. :D
    sigg.gif

• Options
    spartan1spartan1 Posts: 606 Member
    edited April 2011
    Folly it is just beautiful, but then they always are! :) I love everything. The custom gate is so creative with the use of the hedge, you always manage to surprise me, and the interiors are exquisite. Can't wait to see the WIP when it is finished, also the witch you have in your blog. Thanks for sharing!

DRF coming up! :thumbup: