Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can vampires die in the sun?

the title pretty much says it all.

Comments

• Options
    McbeanMcbean Posts: 2,551 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Yes, but it takes foreeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr². You basically have to keep them outdoors for two to three consecutive days. It's about the same amount of time it takes to starve a regular sim. Starving a vampire is actually much quicker, about one to two days and is much easier.

Cheers.

Mcbean
  • Options
    LRM09LRM09 Posts: 6,235 Member
    edited April 2011
    The sun brings down their needs and they eventually die of starvation.
  • Options
    bubblemaddiebubblemaddie Posts: 1,321 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Ok thanks! :mrgreen: one more question do they die from the sun, or is it just from thirst?
  • Options
    roguerabbitroguerabbit Posts: 1,379 New Member
    edited April 2011
    just their needs drop, so if you have something to stop the needs depleting, like a cheat, they should be fine...

that's how i used to drag my vamps around town during the day in ts2, i just kept maxing their motives with a cheat, lol
  • Options
    Emrald_SimEmrald_Sim Posts: 628 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Their stats decrease much quicker in the Sun. And they lose their vampiric powers if they are out to long.
  • Options
    McbeanMcbean Posts: 2,551 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Ok thanks! :mrgreen: one more question do they die from the sun, or is it just from thirst?

Well, thirst is really what kills them. The sun just speeds up fatigue and makes them thirsty faster, but it's easier to just stop feeding them and bypass the whole "too much sun" modifier.

Cheers.

Mcbean
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Thanks everyone! I think if i every want to kill a vampire sim i'll just starve it :lol: :twisted:
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited April 2011
    I have never played a vampire Sim. However, my Sim had to make a friend for his job and it called upon him to befriend a certain Sim. They really hit it off and when my Sims got married, this vampire showed up as his Best Man. :-O I had no idea they were that close. LOL

The long and the short of it is, the vampire expired before the bride could even introduce herself! :-O Talk about a buzz kill on the reception. Holy cow! (I should mention the wedding was held outside by the pool.) If memory serves, the vampire just sort of burnt up or something . . . It was sad, really. And I so did not expect it!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    NeverentNeverent Posts: 478 Member
    edited April 2011
    Just a heads up, there's a mod over at MTS (mod the sims) that will ignite vampires who go outside in the daytime. They'll catch fire the first hour then, if they don't put it out, they'll burn to ash.

I won't post the link because for whatever reason I think it's against the rules. Just take a look in their sims 3 mods section.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Neverent wrote:
    Just a heads up, there's a mod over at MTS (mod the sims) that will ignite vampires who go outside in the daytime. They'll catch fire the first hour then, if they don't put it out, they'll burn to ash.

I won't post the link because for whatever reason I think it's against the rules. Just take a look in their sims 3 mods section.

thats cool, i might just check that out thanks! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited April 2011
    too bad they dont shrivel into dust like in the sims 2