Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who Cheats?

Ok, so I'm not gonna list the cheats for the sake of anyone who doesn't want to fall down that rabbit hole as I did-- and I'm going to ask that no one else do it either. But every once in a while I'm tempted to pull off a certain cheat to fully recover all of my Sims needs.

I feel dirty after I do it. Logically, I feel like having Sims in bad moods is just as much of the game as in good moods... but emotionally I want my Sims to always be happy.

After I cheat, my conscience does its thing and forces me to delete the file. Right now, I am literally down to NO files... I got overwhelmed in my fourth generation legacy by the number of babies I had to take care of (two pairs of triplets in a row).

Anyone else have this same or a similar problem where you constantly cheat despite your intentions not to? I feel like I'm circumventing a vital aspect of the game by going around low needs and bad moods.

Comments

• Options
    ColouredRainColouredRain Posts: 244
    edited April 2011
    I use the Make Needs Static cheat.

(I didn't say how to use it ;) )
  • Options
    Ricky_BoRicky_Bo Posts: 325
    edited April 2011
    I use the Make Needs Static cheat.

Do you feel dirty?
    (I didn't say how to use it ;) )

Much appreciated.
  • Options
    FeliciaB84FeliciaB84 Posts: 8,479 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I am all kinds of dirty. I cheat like there's no tomorrow.

...and I'm ok with that. :mrgreen:

I don't use money cheats, though. Nothing's funnier than a poor sim. My legacy is in the third generation, and my sims are still broke as a joke. Everytime they have a lot of money, I buy them something stupid - like a Hummer. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    gembrett101gembrett101 Posts: 2,578 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Well I cheat a lot...

A little bit of Monica in my life
    A little bit of Erica by my side
    A little bit of Rita is all I need
    A little bit of Tina is what I see
    A little bit of Sandra in the sun
    A little bit of Mary all night long
    A little bit of Jessica here I am

Oh... You meant the other kind of cheat... :oops: I use TestingCheats occasionally but only to delete bad moodlets from rumours being spread around.
  • Options
    starling68starling68 Posts: 3,352 Member
    edited April 2011
    I cheat... A LOT.
    Money cheats, need cheats, mods that speed up things, etc.

I understand what you mean about feeling guilty, I feel like that too, but if that's how you play your game, that's how you play it :wink:
  • Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    edited April 2011
    Oh :oops: I used money cheat, and mood cheat. Nothing embarssing about it. Just when I needed the most. LOL! I guess we all can use sims cheats good thing or bad thing. :oops:
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • Options
    brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited April 2011
    I've been trying really hard not to use cheats. I started yet another legacy (I've yet to get past generation 2 or 3) and I'm really trying not to use cheats. Although I do cheat in the very beginning by building the house first then moving my sim into the house by using a certain cheat, but once (s)he's in the house I don't use the money cheat. I try not to use any other cheat, but yesterday I closed my game and forgot to save (thinking I had already done so), so when I started it back up, her relationship with her future husband was non-existant, so I cheated to get their relationship back where it was before I closed the game down. No more cheats! :lol: At least I'm going to try really hard not to do so.
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • Options
    MysteryJokerMysteryJoker Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited April 2011
    On my favorite sims, all the time. I powerlevel them on level 10 on each of the 19 skills. Moneywise, no. It's far too easy to gain money once your skills are maxed out.
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited April 2011
    I've never used any kind of cheat, mod, or CC for the sims 3 and the sims 2. I did however use cheats & CC in the sims 1. :D
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited April 2011
    In one game I use the money cheat and buydebug, but that's because they're aliens I like giving them all the funky sci-fi esque stuff you can get in buydebug.

Another game I don't use any cheats.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    SimsARLSimsARL Posts: 14,884 New Member
    edited April 2011
    No money cheats, but I always use (won't say it) to raise needs. ;)
  • Options
    overcookedburgerovercookedburger Posts: 2,152 New Member
    edited April 2011
    i always cheat. never feel guilty. makes my life more, livable.
  • Options
    BeycatBeycat Posts: 1,267 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I cheat all the time :mrgreen:!Except for legacies.
    I remember one time I tried to play sims without testing cheats enabled, and after 5 minutes ,most of my sim's need's were in the red, and she had to go to work ,so I went :"Ok, this is IMPOSSIBLE!"and used cheats... :oops:
    Now I can usually play with a single sim without cheats...it's hard, though. :roll:
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited April 2011
    I cheat, cheat some more and then, to top it off, cheat a wee bit more. I couldn't live without cheating. I don't use money cheats, but I may as well, since I use the freerealestate cheat. I also use a house that I have played previously that comes ready with money trees and food replicators filled with ambrosia. I also have TCE on at all times to tweak a little when things don't quite go to plan.
  • Options
    lesley418lesley418 Posts: 4,077 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I cheat by making over townies and randomly impregnating others hahaha
  • Options
    MissGeminiMissGemini Posts: 1,678 New Member
    edited April 2011
    :?I cheat sometimes. Its usually cheats having to do with needs. I don't really feel guilty for those ones, but if I ever use a money cheat I do feel a bit bad.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited April 2011
    Ricky_Bo wrote:
    Ok, so I'm not gonna list the cheats for the sake of anyone who doesn't want to fall down that rabbit hole as I did-- and I'm going to ask that no one else do it either. But every once in a while I'm tempted to pull off a certain cheat to fully recover all of my Sims needs.

I feel dirty after I do it. Logically, I feel like having Sims in bad moods is just as much of the game as in good moods... but emotionally I want my Sims to always be happy.

After I cheat, my conscience does its thing and forces me to delete the file. Right now, I am literally down to NO files... I got overwhelmed in my fourth generation legacy by the number of babies I had to take care of (two pairs of triplets in a row).

Anyone else have this same or a similar problem where you constantly cheat despite your intentions not to? I feel like I'm circumventing a vital aspect of the game by going around low needs and bad moods.

I use the needs cheat a lot to build skills up faster and the money cheat sometimes when building a house!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    friohurfriohur Posts: 1,722 Member
    edited April 2011
    need cheats to skill up faster and money so they can buy the house i build (or remodel) for them

and in a full sim house i -need- that need cheat cause i forget someone sooner or later :oops:
    Robin: You’re overwhelmed, Freeze was underwhelmed-why isn’t anyone ever just whelmed?

Robin: If dislike is the opposite of like, is disaster the opposite of aster? See, instead of things going wrong, they go right.
  • Options
    MattyP101MattyP101 Posts: 207 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Well I cheat a lot...

A little bit of Monica in my life
    A little bit of Erica by my side
    A little bit of Rita is all I need
    A little bit of Tina is what I see
    A little bit of Sandra in the sun
    A little bit of Mary all night long
    A little bit of Jessica here I am

Oh... You meant the other kind of cheat... :oops: I use TestingCheats occasionally but only to delete bad moodlets from rumours being spread around.

LOL that made me laugh :)
  • Options
    airotciv54airotciv54 Posts: 459 Member
    edited April 2011
    The question, should read. So Who Doesn't Cheat? LOL I'm a big cheater. Depends on the family, but I don't think there has been a cheat that I haven't used. Everytime I make a new Sim family I say "You will not cheat". Then, I can't stand the decorations in the house (wall paper, flooring,etc.) So, we must use motherlode. One cheats leads to just more cheats, it's a never ending circle.
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited April 2011
    Only when its getting onto 2am and my sims still haven't gotten their triplets into bed because every time I try to have a sim pick one up they decide to crawl to the top of the stairs where no one can get them... So yeah, I don't cheat a lot just when things start getting ridiculous. I also haven't used any money cheats in long time because I like to see my sims earn what they get. The only time I use those is if I'm moving a new family into the town who I have no intention of actually playing.
  • Options
    ashleyvaughnashleyvaughn Posts: 209 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I only cheated once, and it was after my Sim had worked from not even having a pot to, *ahem*, "go" in, to having a huge mansion with a pool and everything. Then I used a money cheat so I could buy some properties without having to spend all kinds of time raising more money for that sort of thing.
  • Options
    MUNCHKIN1998MUNCHKIN1998 Posts: 4
    edited April 2011
    I cheat ALL the timee.. :?
    i dont exactly want to cheat!!,, i make there needs static., and i do the money cheat to make there house,, then i buy EVERY building in the town... then i get rid of all the money and then i get the money from the buildings every monday!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    edited April 2011
    Yep i do, i think you have to sometimes. Say you are in the middle of an adventure in China and you need to go to the toilet (and there is'nt one) what are you to do, cheat! :D
  • Options
    caturaecaturae Posts: 2,244 Member
    edited April 2011
    I don't use cheats whilst playing, only ever mods now and again when my game glitches.