Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Cash Cards and EA Game Cards Giving invalid code number

I have several sims cash cards to buy simpoints with and they are showing as an INVALID code when I enter the number on the back of the card.....I have never had trouble with these before.

I also just purchased a EA Game Card to buy simpoints and I am getting the same error......PLEASE tell me this is a temporay error.

Comments

• Options
    hummingbird41556hummingbird41556 Posts: 923 Member
    edited April 2011
    I ended up buying Simpoints at the EA store because of that using my EA cash card. I wasn't happy about it. It kept saying "invalid code" here on this site. Apparently they aren't honoring their own cash cards!
  • Options
    BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    edited April 2011
    Thanks hummingbird! I went to the EA site and used both the sims 3 cards and the EA cash cards.....just puts it all in you EA balance on your store account page....blah.....thank goodness it worked!!
  • Options
    JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited April 2011
    i had the same thing happen 3 days ago...i got online with "live chat" and ended up getting an extra 1000 points for my trouble...
  • Options
    GreedyChickGreedyChick Posts: 432
    edited April 2011
    i have a $20 dollar card that i cant use , all i get is INVALID code :cry:
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Go to the EA Store and purchase the Simpoints there. Just type in Simpoints in the search there and you can buy them.
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Go to the EA Store and purchase the Simpoints there. Just type in Simpoints in the search there and you can buy them.
    anyone got the link to the Ea store , i dont have my card on me, its at walmart , ive been going round and round with them over the care and it turns out its not even thier fault :?
  • Options
    edited April 2011

anyone got the link to the Ea store , i dont have my card on me, its at walmart , ive been going round and round with them over the care and it turns out its not even thier fault :?

http://eastore.ea.com/store/ea/DisplayHomePage/ThemeID.718200?resid=TaYCsAoBAlgAAHMhSVkAAAAg&rests=1302725296035

Once you get there, look for SimPoints. Good luck.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    well nothing worked i got the proxey error , so i went to live chat and got this "I'm forwarding your issue to our senior support they will contact you through email system. Your patience is highly appreciated" now i have to wait 24 to 48 hours , all i want is my sim points :cry:
    thanks for the link,
  • Options
    mawlz65mawlz65 Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    Same thing happened to me it said the number was invalid so i went to EA and redeemed them there then i bought them from the EA website has this worked for anyone? Not that it hasn't worked it said my order is processing and I will be notified maybe I'm just being impatient but I'm getting the feeling it didn't work and I'm out thirty bucks for no reason.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    :shock: :?: so im still waiting to hear back.i dont understnad why its got to take so long to redeem my ea card into sim points :?: all this waiting is driving me nuts , so sick of waiting around, lalalalalalala lalalala lalalalalalaaal alal la la
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    mawlz65 wrote:
    Same thing happened to me it said the number was invalid so i went to EA and redeemed them there then i bought them from the EA website has this worked for anyone? Not that it hasn't worked it said my order is processing and I will be notified maybe I'm just being impatient but I'm getting the feeling it didn't work and I'm out thirty bucks for no reason.

try the EA live chat, thats what i did hope ea fixes my card soon , good luck
  • Options
    Pensacola2010Pensacola2010 Posts: 229 Member
    edited April 2011
    I bought an EA Game Card just now and I'm trying to purchase TS2 Bonvoyage (download version, because it's $10). The EA store won't let me redeem my card and it's telling I don't have enough in my EA wallet (didn't even know I had one). Their customer service is of no use because it just keeps going round and round without any solution.

The ironic thing is that I decided to get the TS2 expansions because I'm fed up with TS3 not working correctly and now this happens. So frustrating!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    do live chat
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    almost at the end of the 48 hours and still no word from EA, i was gifted 2 $10 sim point cards for my birthday and now im scared to redeem them, the $20 ea card that im waiting on i bought on april 2nd and im still waiting to get it to work..really ea it didnt take the wallmart cashier 48 hours to ring up my card, i think this is so wrong i paid my money just like the posters above me and we just want what we paid for, i bought that ea card for my birthday which was april 12th, first time i tried to redeem the card was april 6th was gonna get all 3 sets for april but at this point im so sick of waiting that EA can shove it where the sun dont shine :evil:
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Jenieusa wrote:
    i had the same thing happen 3 days ago...i got online with "live chat" and ended up getting an extra 1000 points for my trouble...
    and how long did it take EA to do that ???
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Jenieusa wrote:
    do live chat

I just finished with them after waiting for 25 minutes just to get someone (even though the average waiting time was 10 minutes). After about 40 minutes he told me to disable my antivirus and firewall (I don't feel comfortable doing this). He did give me a $20 store credit/code which I can redeem in the same way at the EA card (disabling the antivirus and firewall). I'll have to ask someone about this.

Thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Jenieusa wrote:
    do live chat

I just finished with them after waiting for 25 minutes just to get someone (even though the average waiting time was 10 minutes). After about 40 minutes he told me to disable my antivirus and firewall (I don't feel comfortable doing this). He did give me a $20 store credit/code which I can redeem in the same way at the EA card (disabling the antivirus and firewall). I'll have to ask someone about this.

Thanks for the advice.
    be careful you shouldnt have to do that to buy stuff online, i would go back into live chat and tell them that your not comfortable doing that and if that doesnt work maybe give them a call, i think it just bites to have all this trouble spending your own cash , good luck and please come back and let us know what happened
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    back to my own ea drama
    finally got an eamil this morning from ea they need my eamil i use to sign in at the sims 3 site so they can redeem my card, so i emailed them back with that info..so hopefully sometime today i will have my 2000 points but still what a hassel to go thru :roll:
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    and how long did it take EA to do that ???

maybe 40 min max....and the guy stayed online with me until
    i made SURE that my points were showing up on my account....
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Last night I disabled the antivirus/firewall temporarily (a friend said it was OK) and then everything worked well. The EA guy told me it was my code, but I said then why are alot of people having the same problem? And why doesn't the Paypal button work either? That's when he gave me the $20 discount - without answering the question. They just hate to admit that it's their site having a problem. It was my first time buying those cards, but I'll never buy them again.

Anyway, I'll be playing TS2 for a while. I bought Seasons as well, since Bonvoyage was free.

Thanks for your help and for listening!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Last night I disabled the antivirus/firewall temporarily (a friend said it was OK) and then everything worked well. The EA guy told me it was my code, but I said then why are alot of people having the same problem? And why doesn't the Paypal button work either? That's when he gave me the $20 discount - without answering the question. They just hate to admit that it's their site having a problem. It was my first time buying those cards, but I'll never buy them again.

Anyway, I'll be playing TS2 for a while. I bought Seasons as well, since Bonvoyage was free.

Thanks for your help and for listening!
    right on im so happy for you ...have fun with your sims2 packs have a snowball fight for me ; )
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    so finally today i get an email from ea, they have redeemed my EA cash card plus gave me a nice bonus :D needless to say im finally happy :D still dont get why soooo long but whatever , i got my $20 bucks and thats what i wanted :D
  • Options
    tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited April 2011
    Got the same error, LOL but instead of going through all the drama of tech support, try redeeming your cards in the 'in game' store. It worked fine for me when I did this. =)
    I doubt anyone will reply to my response but just the same redeeming the code works in game.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Next time I get a card, I'm going to give that a try!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    tlc10175 wrote:
    Got the same error, LOL but instead of going through all the drama of tech support, try redeeming your cards in the 'in game' store. It worked fine for me when I did this. =)
    I doubt anyone will reply to my response but just the same redeeming the code works in game.
    i will have to try that i still have 2 sim point cards to redeem , as for the EA drama it was worth the extra sim points i got :twisted: