Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3: Generations Facts that are Confirmed

Here I will list new features and facts for the new and upcoming expansion for Electronic Arts' award winning The Sims 3 series.
    Child sims can have imgaginary friends!
    There is a tree fort (large tree house)
    There are water balloons
    The imginary friend can continue beyond childhood and romance can spark!
    There are pranks from which teen sims can build a prank meter for respect
    There are bachelor parties with shenannigans including a "dancer"
    Sims can record home movies and play them back on TV
    Memory system from Sims 2 is back and improved
    Memories can be uploaded to Facebook

Thats it for now. I will add more as I learn of them.

Happy Simming. :)

Note: facts sourced from Gamespot's preview of the game.

Comments

• Options
    HarmonysimsHarmonysims Posts: 1,700 New Member
    edited April 2011
    YaY! More stuff for my 100 baby challenge! Woo!
  • Options
    nicolebrittanyynicolebrittanyy Posts: 6,513 Member
    edited April 2011
    LOL! The imaginary friend part is funny :)
  • Options
    misassimsmisassims Posts: 34
    edited April 2011
    A memory system which memorys can be uploaded to Facebook? Awesome!
  • Options
    LuckySkyLuckySky Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited April 2011
    Here's whats been confirmed about imaginary friends:

However, the most interesting new feature in this new expansion seems to be the imaginary friend, a character that your child creates after ordering a specific type of mail-order doll. After giving the doll a name, your child sim can summon an imaginary, child-sized version of the doll to be a playmate who will happily hop onto the opposite end of a seesaw and even run minor errands for you if you have a decent enough social relationship with it. Playing with your imaginary friend fills up your child sims’ social motive in the same way that socializing with real people would. Even more interestingly (and more than a little weirdly), as children grow into teenagers, they can not only keep their imaginary friends around, but they can also develop a romantic interest in their make-believe buddy. So…yes. There’s that.

• Options
    GardeniaBloomGardeniaBloom Posts: 411 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Awesomee :) I'm sooo excited.
    Does everyone know anything about new creature (like vampires and mummies) if there will be one?
  • Options
    boredomkillsboredomkills Posts: 1,134 New Member
    edited April 2011
    LuckySky wrote:
    Here's whats been confirmed about imaginary friends:

However, the most interesting new feature in this new expansion seems to be the imaginary friend, a character that your child creates after ordering a specific type of mail-order doll. After giving the doll a name, your child sim can summon an imaginary, child-sized version of the doll to be a playmate who will happily hop onto the opposite end of a seesaw and even run minor errands for you if you have a decent enough social relationship with it. Playing with your imaginary friend fills up your child sims’ social motive in the same way that socializing with real people would. Even more interestingly (and more than a little weirdly), as children grow into teenagers, they can not only keep their imaginary friends around, but they can also develop a romantic interest in their make-believe buddy. So…yes. There’s that.

That sounds sorta creepy. :shock: lol
  • Options
    boredomkillsboredomkills Posts: 1,134 New Member
    edited April 2011
    dbl post. :lol:
  • Options
    PEACHES327PEACHES327 Posts: 3,041 Member
    edited April 2011
    I missed memories so much! So glad they're coming back. And having a little romance with an invisible buddy seems like it would be fun to create.
    Please Visit My Sims 3 & 4 Blog! studiopeaches.blogspot.com
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    edited April 2011
    Whoa...does that mean the Imaginary Friend is the new "creature" for this expansion since romantic feelings can develop?
  • Options
    JAYSIMS2004JAYSIMS2004 Posts: 659 New Member
    edited April 2011
    From the video I am thinking that University will be added. I could be wrong but thats what I am thinking
  • Options
    xVeexVee Posts: 2,061 New Member
    edited April 2011
    From the video I am thinking that University will be added. I could be wrong but thats what I am thinking

This has been discussed a few places actually and a few people agree with you. I'm trying not to get my hopes up because I doubt it. Based on the video, it appears to just be a graduation from highschool (a party thrown before aging up to YA).
  • Options
    GizmonicInstituteGizmonicInstitute Posts: 1,551 New Member
    edited April 2011
    They're not adding university.
  • Options
    martys15martys15 Posts: 7,790 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I would love to appear in Informatics careers. :D

Sim fantasty.. hymm zombi, alien?
  • Options
    Angel2204Angel2204 Posts: 60 New Member
    edited April 2011
    You can have pillow fights!
  • Options
    debykaydebykay Posts: 124 Member
    edited April 2011
    There must be some kind of school time that is not rabbit holed because of the scenes of the "students" carrying out pranks during class (the stinky stuff in the flask making the kids sick). That would be great too. It all looks great. I wonder if the "imaginary" friend will be customizable? It would be a shame to fall in love with a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 imaginary friend when you are a teen.
  • Options
    JAYSIMS2004JAYSIMS2004 Posts: 659 New Member
    edited April 2011
    They're not adding university.

We don't know that. We only know what has been confirmed. There are other things that could be added that have not been confirmed yet.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,510 Member
    edited April 2011
    Angel2204 wrote:

Where did you see this?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Yep! Now it is a wait and see time until Generations comes out. I will definitely purchase this. So many more new animations.
  • Options
    nicolebrittanyynicolebrittanyy Posts: 6,513 Member
    edited April 2011
    Angel2204 wrote:

Where did you see this?

Right at the beginning of the trailer :)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Angel2204 wrote:

Where did you see this?

I saw it on the official Generations news release on youtube. :lol:
  • Options
    LuckySkyLuckySky Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited April 2011
    Angel2204 wrote:

Where did you see this?

You see it 12 seconds into the video, on top of the word THE.
  • Options
    itsjustdawnitsjustdawn Posts: 71 Member
    edited April 2011

Nope, it's a celebration event... there are a couple more that were added. I do recall seeing a real wedding celebration as well as graduation and I think one more.

I was actually thinking about Sims this morning, about how it would be cool to have real apartments again (the dorm idea, too). I did like University :) Hopefully someday!
  • Options
    kstahl55kstahl55 Posts: 94 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Where did you see that the memory system was being added back from the sims 2? I read the gamespot preview, and I might have missed this, but all I remember reading related to memories were "memorable events." Here's a quote:
    "Generations will include new events for adults intended to let players create even more memorable events to be photographed and shared via the expansion's built-in social media functionality, which will let you upload your favorite cherished moments directly to Facebook."
    I think this means events like bachelor parties and weddings can be photographed and uploaded to facebook from the game, which is cool, but not the memory system.

Edit: typos hehe :]
  • Options
    AngelaKayeAngelaKaye Posts: 757 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I'm thinking that I'll definitely have to buy this EP. It looks so cool! I think the imaginary friend thing is pretty neat and the new celebrations sound awesome!
  • Options
    Jw62901Jw62901 Posts: 389 Member
    edited April 2011
    There are actually three different tree houses

Players start off in the imagination-fuelled world of childhood, where they can take dance classes, misbehave with their imaginary friend or goof around in one of three themed tree houses; space rocket, wooden shack or princess.

http://news.ea.com/portal/site/ea/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20110405005700&newsLang=en