Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The trailer(s). Your thoughts?

So, what do you think of Generations so far? :)

Comments

• Options
    petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    edited April 2011
    From the trailer, I think it looks great! Def buying it. :thumbup:
    sigg.gif

• Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited April 2011
    Looks "meh". Might pick it up when it gets marked down to $15. Might.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    LuckySkyLuckySky Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited April 2011
    The trailer makes me feel nostalgic and happy. I have high hopes for the game.

• Options
    luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I'll be getting it.
  • Options
    aadddaaddd Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited April 2011
    best trailer ever Might be the best Ep ever;)must buy 8)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited April 2011
    I love it even more now that I've seen the second trailer espcially since gift giving and cuddling under the stars was shown. :D
  • Options
    OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    edited April 2011
    It looks like it'll be a good expansion, especially having memories.

However, it'll likely have at least one game-ruining bug, so I'm not buying it the day of release. I'll lurk the tech discussion area of the forums, see what kind of bugs come up, see if patches are released, etc. etc.

When I see that it's a bit more "safe" I'll consider buying it, but I never buy expansions the day of release anymore. I'm not interested in beta testing them for EA. Other people can be the guinea pigs. :lol:
  • Options
    adamhayden123adamhayden123 Posts: 87 Member
    edited April 2011
    I'm disappointed :( there really doesn't actually seem to be that much new stuff, most of the trailer just consisted of the couple cuddling up together.. I dont see why theres such a big deal around the whole marriage proposal and wedding, thats already in the game, and the wedding arch was in The Sims 2 base game :?

Hopefully they'll release more info about other stuff that will be in it (I'm sure I'll be buying it anyway, seeing as I've owned every expansion since The Sims 1 base game :mrgreen: )
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited April 2011
    So far i'm very interested and I hope to see much more in the next month or so. :D
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I'm disappointed :( there really doesn't actually seem to be that much new stuff, most of the trailer just consisted of the couple cuddling up together.. I dont see why theres such a big deal around the whole marriage proposal and wedding, thats already in the game, and the wedding arch was in The Sims 2 base game :?

Hopefully they'll release more info about other stuff that will be in it (I'm sure I'll be buying it anyway, seeing as I've owned every expansion since The Sims 1 base game :mrgreen: )

Memories will be returning in this EP. I know a lot of people were fans of the memories system.
    All of the new activities, celebrations, and drama are easier than ever to remember and reminisce about with a new Memories system that keeps track of major life moments and also lets you share them on Facebook or your Sims My Page!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    You know it would be nice if they would FIX THIS SITE. :evil:
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited April 2011
    To me it still seems like a glorified stuff pack.

I would like to see what is fixed and what is broken before I even contemplate buying it.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited April 2011
    Arletta wrote:
    To me it still seems like a glorified stuff pack.

Yup, and it's still going to cost $40. =/

To me THIS is what a Stuff Pack should look like, not the ones that we get now.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited April 2011
    Def buying it! :mrgreen:
    27-11-2015_185647_zpsyfowoxwm.png
    Gallery link - I wish Toddlers, Weather, Pets… in Sims 4
  • Options
    yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited April 2011

However, it'll likely have at least one game-ruining bug, so I'm not buying it the day of release. I'll lurk the tech discussion area of the forums, see what kind of bugs come up, see if patches are released, etc. etc.

When I see that it's a bit more "safe" I'll consider buying it, but I never buy expansions the day of release anymore. I'm not interested in beta testing them for EA. Other people can be the guinea pigs. :lol:
    Haha! want to be a guinea pigs! :mrgreen:
    27-11-2015_185647_zpsyfowoxwm.png
    Gallery link - I wish Toddlers, Weather, Pets… in Sims 4
  • Options
    JAYSIMS2004JAYSIMS2004 Posts: 659 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Definately buying, in fact already put in my pre-order.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    yoda65 wrote:

Haha! want to be a guinea pigs! :mrgreen:

I'll be keeping an eye out for your thread on Technical Discussion. Nothing wrong with people being guinea pigs, it'll give the rest of us a chance to see what the problems are so we know whether to wait for a patch or not.

I definitely hope that this expansion will be one without any major problems, like I've hoped for every expansion, but there always seems to be one, and once that big one is fixed, then I may buy it. Until then, I'll just wait.
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited April 2011
    I watched the trailer once, and here's what I noticed-

young adults puking, and more puking,
    teenage pranks,
    a proposal down on knee with a wedding ring
    (Don't we already have this?)
    a big wedding cake
    a lot of sappy, goofy, wide eyed looks

Maybe I am getting too old for THIS sims series. It just looks like more of the same to me, and I'm not impressed. I admit, the baby strollers look cute, and people have wanted bunkbeds forever.

So, I guess if you are into baby and toddler stuff, I can understand how you would be excited for this. It's cute but I may just do myself a favour this time, for the first time ever, and quit buying sims 3 expansion packs.

• Options
    Jw62901Jw62901 Posts: 389 Member
    edited April 2011
    doodlesam wrote:
    So, what do you think of Generations so far? :)

I love the trailer the EA released today. Everything in it looks very cool.
  • Options
    AngelaKayeAngelaKaye Posts: 757 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I'm going to wait until after it is released to hear what everyone else thinks, but I have a strong feeling I'm going to be buying this one.
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    edited April 2011
    Both trailers, this one and the previous I guess "unofficial" one, are both good.
  • Options
    SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    edited April 2011
    Can't wait :)
  • Options
    Llama_WatcherLlama_Watcher Posts: 501
    edited April 2011
    I love the game! It plays great on my computer...
    Oh wait... Looks at watch.... Sorry could of sworn I turned the time circuits off.BACK TO THE DeLorean!
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    edited April 2011
    This is just the type of Sims EP I've been wanting.

So many interactions are being given for all ages (finally more kid stuff to do).

I'm usually very negative on my posts about current EPs but Generations is just what I needed to restore some faith in EA.

I'll take this EP full of bugs & glitches if I need to :P

Only real downfall is having to wait until the release!! lol
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    edited April 2011
    Yes I'll be getting it. I play with families so it's the best in my eyes!