Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

:D

I honestly doub anyone cares, but I'm really excited so I wanna share with you all :) yesterday my aunt bought me a new laptopfor my graduation and it's a huge upgrade from my three year old laptop that's just been getting worse for months. Of course one of the first things I did was reinstall sims 3 and when I opened it up I was amazed! I'm used to playig with all my settings on the lowest they can be& now theyre all on high :) makes me love sims all over again Ahah. I just hope I don't start getting late night glitches again.

Anyway, what's going on in all of your games?:)

Comments

• Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited March 2011
    Congrats!.It must be great to be able to play with graphics on high. :mrgreen:
    I built my first house today.Took me ages but i'm pretty happy about it.Haven't put it up on the exchange yet.
  • Options
    DarlinnnnDarlinnnn Posts: 116
    edited March 2011
    My laptop's pretty old and graphics are bad. I've seen the Sims 3 on a friends laptop and the difference is pretty amazing! Congrats to you on graduating and the new improved detailed graphics!
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited March 2011
    Congrats on the new laptop. That's awesome. I hope to be able to see mine on max settings sometime soon too. I'm sure that it makes a world of difference. Nothing much in my game. Thinking of making a spring time sim for a contest. :D
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,979 Member
    edited March 2011
    Gratz :)
  • Options
    MLittlepawMLittlepaw Posts: 17,193 New Member
    edited March 2011
    AmberM66 wrote:
    I honestly doub anyone cares, but I'm really excited so I wanna share with you all :) yesterday my aunt bought me a new laptopfor my graduation and it's a huge upgrade from my three year old laptop that's just been getting worse for months. Of course one of the first things I did was reinstall sims 3 and when I opened it up I was amazed! I'm used to playig with all my settings on the lowest they can be& now theyre all on high :) makes me love sims all over again Ahah. I just hope I don't start getting late night glitches again.

Anyway, what's going on in all of your games?:)

I'm planning an elaborate and very dramatic affair to occur after the Sim in the current active household gives birth. 044.gif
  • Options
    AmberM66AmberM66 Posts: 904 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Thanks everyone :P It's such a difference aha, makes me want to play a lot more.

&Nh6650, I'd love to see your house!tell me when you put it on the exchange :)
  • Options
    AKAroxAKArox Posts: 98
    edited March 2011
    I built my first house today :D
  • Options
    betty_me13betty_me13 Posts: 3,285 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I totally know what you mean! I bought a new desktop back in November and it was a huge upgrade from my 4 year old laptop! The graphics are amazing!
  • Options
    AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited March 2011
    Yipee!! I remeber when I got my new computer, I was amazed at how efficient the game could be.

Currently I'm not sure what to do with my family, I moved them into Twinbrook and I'm kinda regretting it because I'm not sure how I'm going to find a suitable stepdad for these kids :lol:
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Maybe you should make some guys in CAS then place them into the town :D

• Options
    AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited March 2011
    AKArox wrote:
    Maybe you should make some guys in CAS then place them into the town :D

That's what I normally do...but that just takes out all of the risk and fun :lol:
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    you mean all the risk and fun of finding some random guy instead of a perfect one you created? just randomize all of it :P put a bunch of completely different people in the same house
  • Options
    LRM09LRM09 Posts: 6,235 Member
    edited March 2011
    Congrats on your new laptop! :D
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited March 2011
    Awesome! I've got some of the graphics on high, the game looks good doesn't it?

I haven't played for about 2 weeks cos I can't be bothered to sit in my cold bedroom lol
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Awesome! I've got some of the graphics on high, the game looks good doesn't it?

I haven't played for about 2 weeks cos I can't be bothered to sit in my cold bedroom lol

Yes! It's seriously like I'm playing a different game. SO much detail. On my other laptop the clothes blended with their skin and stuff, and the game wasn't smooth at all, it would work right for a good ten minutes then for the next ten it'd get unbearably slow. It wasn't even fun playing :evil:
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Anyway, what's going on in all of your games?

I really want to show you some pictures of my sims I'm paying but my computer is going slow :evil:
  • Options
    jkstensjkstens Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited March 2011
    Hey, congratulations on graduating! And on the new laptop! It's so cool to see the differences in graphics settings being on high and low and on different computers.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    AKArox wrote:
    Anyway, what's going on in all of your games?

I really want to show you some pictures of my sims I'm paying but my computer is going slow :evil:

Well when you can post some here! I love seeing pictures of other people's Sims :) Tonight I'll take some of my family and post them too maybe.
  • Options
    Simmersaurus_RexSimmersaurus_Rex Posts: 3,021 New Member
    edited March 2011
    AmberM66 wrote:
    Well when you can post some here! I love seeing pictures of other people's Sims :) Tonight I'll take some of my family and post them too maybe.

You should! I'd love to see how good your graphics are with your new computer :D
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    AmberM66 wrote:

You should! I'd love to see how good your graphics are with your new computer :D

Okay :) I will later tonight when the baby goes to bed and I can actually relax.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Sorry that it took so long!
    Anyway this is Jake
    334i3o2.jpg

and Yasmine (sorry I zoomed in to much)
    20idqhe.jpg

This is Jada, Yasmine's adopted daughter
    1z54qi1.jpg
    Here she is as a toddler
    2ij52k0.jpg