Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

my sims are falling thru the floor of their house

Ok. At their old house, my sims' neighbors were driving me nuts. There was a paranormal dude there to get the ghosts that were there (part of a normal paranormal job thingy) the music was DRIVING ME INSANE...all day long, all night long etc. He was stuck and never finished the job (reset later after they moved idk if the music is still blaring) So, what do you do when your neighbors drive you nuts? move.

So, they moved into that house that's across the street from the single moms house. (though they're long gone) Well, the night they moved in, the son went upstairs to paint and even though he was upstairs, I could still see him.

screenshot_original.jpg

At first I thought it was funny. Well, then his sister needed to pee. She went to the upstairs bathroom and fell through the floor to the kitchen, went back upstairs, fell through the floor..over and over. The dad did the same when he tried to put the toddlers to bed (at that time they had 2 sets of twins and one on the way).

Mom is fine, she doesnt fall through the floor.

Anyone with any experience with this?

I uploaded the video I got of her trying to go potty. You can see her on the 2nd floor from the first floor view. She accuses her father of being in the bathroom even though he's in the kitchen below, and doesnt care that she's shooing him. Then I pan over so you can see the son sleeping in his bed on the second floor.

http://www.thesims3.com/myMedia.html?action=default&persona=mypalsim1

fall through the floor is obviously the one to watch

Comments

• Options
    YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited March 2011
    Have you by anychance used "MoveObjects On" to move your sims around to take pics or anything like that? I know using that cheat on sims will make them act funny and float through floors and such. Using the "ResetSim" cheat clears it up. Even if that isn't the cause of your problems, "ResetSim" can't hurt and may still help.

In case you don't know, the cheat is:

resetSim Firstname Lastname

Replace "Firstname Lastname" with your sim's name.
  • Options
    tigertotstigertots Posts: 1,865 Member
    edited March 2011
    I had the same thing happen to my sim, I had used the "move object" cheat on him and afterward he kept falling through the floors and I could see him moving around upstairs even if the camera view was on the lower floor. Reset sim didn't work on him so I moved him out of the household, in edit town and back in again - then he acted fine.
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited March 2011
    This is happening to me all the time lately! It's a matter of moving objects, reseting the sim, time and luck. It's getting old...
  • Options
    mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    edited March 2011
    ding! ding! ding!

That had to have been it. I was putting the piano in the living room (you can kinda see it in the bottom LH corner of the pic) and I had to moveobjects on to get the dad and son out of the way. oh and the girl too.

At any rate, I should've remembered what the first thing any I.T. person would tell me. Turn it off and turn it back on again. It worked on a reload, naturally.

Thanks everyone!