Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Medieval installation issues (Help please :) )

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    PARAPARA Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    Ok I finally got mine to work, I will list how I did it. I'm not saying this will fix others issues but it worked for me and might help. I opened my task manager by right clicking in my start bar. I went to applications and ended the medieval process. Then I opened the tab processes and went down and ended both medieval process. Then I opened my control pannel and went to unistall programs to make sure there was no medieval folder there. Then I went to computer/program files/electronic arts and deleted the folder medieval. Then I installed it through my download manager using my code that came with my disk. Just open your download manager and click add game, put your code in and hit install. It might take some time but should let you. This is what I did and it worked after I did everything all day long. I tryed everything and stumbled on this. Im running windows 7. I hope this helps someone.
    Thank you. I put in the code and its downloading right now. Slowly but atleast its downloading. :D
  • Options
    MilkyWay15MilkyWay15 Posts: 10
    edited March 2011
    Same here. The code is in and It's downloading.

You are a lifesaver! :)
  • Options
    Joset426Joset426 Posts: 55 Member
    edited March 2011
    Thanks for all of your suggestions ! Good support here ! Hopefully mine will work, I am dl 'ing it from ea right now. For those with installing issues open your EAdm. insert your product code and it will verify it so you can download it via ea. I hope this works, I am still at 25 % , wish me luck !! :)
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited March 2011
    LittleV wrote:
    The Sims 3 and Medieval are two completely different games. These are the Sims 3 forums, if you have questions about Medieval post them in the Medieval forums, because it is a violation of the forum rules to discuss anything here that isn't about The Sims 3.
    They are trying to get there game to work. The forums on Med Evil it looks like a ghost town. I would ask the same thing here to. It is a sims game and its technically not off topic. If you choose not to help don't but if your game wasn't working you would be here to.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Joset426Joset426 Posts: 55 Member
    edited March 2011
    Thanks Pepperjax :D , If i had the link , I would try but it seems pointless atm..
  • Options
    JaanaDruidJaanaDruid Posts: 1,116 New Member
    edited March 2011
    LittleV wrote:
    The Sims 3 and Medieval are two completely different games. These are the Sims 3 forums, if you have questions about Medieval post them in the Medieval forums, because it is a violation of the forum rules to discuss anything here that isn't about The Sims 3.
    rules that apparently seem to have been completely missed by the mods :lol:
  • Options
    CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited March 2011
    JaanaDruid wrote:
    LittleV wrote:
    rules that apparently seem to have been completely missed by the mods :lol:
    Haha, yeah, but the mods hardly do anything anyway.
  • Options
    jameesnufferjameesnuffer Posts: 762 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I wouldn't worry about it to much since the title of this problem is plain and clear. If they have a problem with the post they will lock it or take it off. So I dont see the point posting negative things when it dose nothing to fix the problems. The ones that are posting negative things they dont have problems with there games yet. But hopefully when they do they wont get rude comments to.I hope everyone gets there games fixed.
  • Options
    GancannaGancanna Posts: 36 Member
    edited March 2011
    LittleV wrote:

I don't know about anyone else, but I looked over there for answers to this problem and they don't seem to have a technical support section in the Sims Medieval Forum. Please, if you have a link to one, enlighten those of us that can't find it. Thanks!
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited March 2011
    Gancanna wrote:
    LittleV wrote:

I don't know about anyone else, but I looked over there for answers to this problem and they don't seem to have a technical support section in the Sims Medieval Forum. Please, if you have a link to one, enlighten those of us that can't find it. Thanks!
    TSM_DEV (Developer) posted under Royal Proclamations what to do and where to do it if you're having issues.
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5493938.page
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    userkitty1969userkitty1969 Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited March 2011
    Joset426 wrote:
    I thought this was for technical questions ?? Sims is Sims. It shouldn't matter.
    The game should install reguardless. It's like putting in a blank disc. It has nothing to do with my pc, its a new pc. No problems what so ever. Funny , how the digital is working and not the disc, ???

Nichaedemus , thank you for the suggestions but I am not doing all that to my pc. It should still install. I had zero problems with other games.

Don't worry about these people who feel that they have the right to tell you what you can post about. If they hate Medieval so much, why do they go out of their way to post in every Medieval thread. They obviously enjoy bullying people. Maybe their time would be better spent trying to help than hurt.
  • Options
    simjettsimjett Posts: 5,254 Member
    edited March 2011
    sdirk92 wrote:
    file: D:/GameData/Shared/Packages/SASFullBuild0.packages
    error: data error (cyclic redundancy check)

Maybe google the error message????

Defrag the harddrive and or clean the optical drive. Refrain from any multitasking while trying to install. :?

ETA

I didn't read the whole thread before posting, therefore.....nothing new was added....I don't know the DRM for the game, either disc based or digital download......be wary of Securom if you are downloading the digital..... :P
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited March 2011
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: to all of you who posted so positively on here.

With all the negative lately I have been here less and less.

We all "sim" so why can we not get along. Does it really "hurt" anyone to ask a question about another sim game on a Sims forum?
    Life will go on.

Brightest Blessings
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    ChristianM0mmyChristianM0mmy Posts: 11 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Ok I finally got mine to work, I will list how I did it. I'm not saying this will fix others issues but it worked for me and might help. I opened my task manager by right clicking in my start bar. I went to applications and ended the medieval process. Then I opened the tab processes and went down and ended both medieval process. Then I opened my control pannel and went to unistall programs to make sure there was no medieval folder there. Then I went to computer/program files/electronic arts and deleted the folder medieval. Then I installed it through my download manager using my code that came with my disk. Just open your download manager and click add game, put your code in and hit install. It might take some time but should let you. This is what I did and it worked after I did everything all day long. I tryed everything and stumbled on this. Im running windows 7. I hope this helps someone.

Jameesnuffer, YOU ROCK! Thanks so very much!!
  • Options
    zaws12zaws12 Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    Hi! So, I am trying to download the game in the eadm, like everyone has been saying, but it's saying my code is already in use. Obviously I couldn't install it, and when I try to find something to uninstall, there isn't anything. Any help?
  • Options
    jameesnufferjameesnuffer Posts: 762 New Member
    edited April 2011
    zaws12 you have to make sure its unistalled completly before you can download it using the download manager. Follow this and see if it helps you.
  • Options
    TofuwarriorTofuwarrior Posts: 13
    edited April 2011
    YES THANK YOU!!! **** YOU EA!!! lol.. jk :D. but seriously thank you :)
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited April 2011
    Well I installed Medieval game a few days ago and it played just fine for all of those days. Then today I went back to my Sims 3 and it said that it couldn't play my game so I took off Medieval and took off Sims 3 and reinstalled sims 3 and now it works fine. Only now I don't have Medieval on my computer and I am afraid to put it back on again. This is rediculous, you would think we would have learned by now not to buy EA stupid games.
  • Options
    medusasim12medusasim12 Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    I am having a problem too, but it keeps saying:
    File Cannot be found! When I try to install it!
    Anyone else having the same problem?
    I dont know if i should uninstall all my sims 3 or what! :evil:
  • Options
    marisabarretomarisabarreto Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    Regarding the solution given by "jameesnuffer", does anyone know how to do it using Origin (it seems to be a new version of the eadm)?
  • Options
    DontraviousDontravious Posts: 105 New Member
    edited January 2012
    MilkyWay15 wrote:
    I have Windows 7 too.
    Except I have an Acer.

I have every expansion pack for the Sims 3. They don't lag or anything. I honestly don't know what the deal is.

I have an acer and the installation goes well. I hope you find a solution to the problem
  • Options
    ownageofpwnageownageofpwnage Posts: 8
    edited April 2012
    wow I have the same problem to :( well I have a windows 7 and I installed it but whenever I click on the Sims 3 Medieval icon it won't do anything... and it won't even show an error message... I went to return the game and get a different disk, deleted my old data, reinstalled the new disk.. and I'm still getting the same problem! Ahh I am soooo frusterated right now! >:(
  • Options
    honey2899honey2899 Posts: 5
    edited September 2012
    I'm kind of having the same problem. I bought my game about a year ago and it worked fine on my laptop, but then my laptop broke so now I'm trying to download it on my parents computer. The only difference between the computers is that they have window 7. My game stops at:
    File:F:\Support\Readme\en\en_EULA.rtf
    Error:Data error (cylic redundancy check). :/
  • Options
    honey2899honey2899 Posts: 5
    edited September 2012
    Regarding the solution given by "jameesnuffer", does anyone know how to do it using Origin (it seems to be a new version of the eadm)?

I don'y know but I would love to know, because I'm going crazy not bring able to play my game