Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*UPDATE with pics* my first house, "New England ranch house"

well, it's not my very first but the other houses I build a year ago got deleted by a virus.

anyway, it's been a year since I havent played the sims but this house is my first house I've ever build on my new computer. :mrgreen:

UPDATE!

thanks to all helping me and giving me advice. I made some little changes with the yard and finished the inside with a cottage theme. :wink:

Screenshot-24-1.jpg

Screenshot-46.jpg

Screenshot-45.jpg

Screenshot-41.jpg

backyard

Screenshot-43.jpg

Screenshot-48.jpg

Screenshot-44.jpg

Screenshot-42.jpg

livingroom/dining room

Screenshot-31-1.jpg

Screenshot-29-1.jpg

Screenshot-28-1.jpg

Screenshot-27-1.jpg

Screenshot-30.jpg

Screenshot-36.jpg

kitchen

Screenshot-39.jpg

Screenshot-40.jpg

bedroom

Screenshot-37.jpg

Screenshot-32-1.jpg

nursary

Screenshot-35.jpg

Screenshot-34.jpg

bathroom

Screenshot-33.jpg

I got the idea from this model house that my dad had for his train display under our Christmas tree every year.

DSC_0445.jpg

plasticville-new-england-ranch-2.jpg

plasticville-new-england-ranch-3.jpg

hope ya like! :D

Comments

• Options
    EMPRESSPAMELAEMPRESSPAMELA Posts: 10,108 Member
    edited March 2011
    its quite charming :D
    oow785m
  • Options
    judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited March 2011
    OMG this is sooooo cute! it's adorable!!!

What are you doing with the empty room? a little nursery maybe?

I would keep a country cottage feel to the interior.
  • Options
    chloejones92chloejones92 Posts: 913 Member
    edited March 2011
    So cute! :mrgreen: I love small houses, great job :P.
    My origin- chloejones92
    laddd44.gif
  • Options
    JudilandJudiland Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited March 2011
    I agree, very cute, and you might make the little room a work room or nursery. :D judi.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited March 2011
    I think it's great you took something from your childhood and brought it into your game. The landscaping is so pretty and I love the backyard. I really like the terrain painting, it adds so much. I can see myself spending a lot of time at the picnic table under the tree reading or drawing. I would suggest a railing around the deck area. I also like the small size and easy layout of this house, it's just how I like to play. In the kitchen, I'm not sure the flooring goes well with the countertops, but it's hard to see from such a distance. Love to see more pics!
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited March 2011
    Very cute starter. I like it a lot. I agree with Judy. A country style interior would be very fitting for this build. Good luck! Looking forward to seeing this build in the exchange. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    JustinaLynnJustinaLynn Posts: 73
    edited March 2011
    Very cute starter. I like it a lot. I agree with Judy. A country style interior would be very fitting for this build. Good luck! Looking forward to seeing this build in the exchange.

thank you! I was thinking a country or cottage style. :D got any ideas?

OMG this is sooooo cute! it's adorable!!!

What are you doing with the empty room? a little nursery maybe?

I would keep a country cottage feel to the interior

thx! I was thinking a nursary but I wasn't really sure about how the rooms made up.but I will get to it. :wink:
    I think it's great you took something from your childhood and brought it into your game. The landscaping is so pretty and I love the backyard. I really like the terrain painting, it adds so much. I can see myself spending a lot of time at the picnic table under the tree reading or drawing. I would suggest a railing around the deck area. I also like the small size and easy layout of this house, it's just how I like to play. In the kitchen, I'm not sure the flooring goes well with the countertops, but it's hard to see from such a distance. Love to see more pics!

thx. :) my dad had alot of "Plasticville" model houses and buildings that we put together and light em up every Christmas and my sisters and I played them for hours with the little people that goes with the display. :wink:

I will add more pics in the inside tho. I think it doesent look right on how the rooms go. got any ideas where should the kitchen, the bedrooms and the bathroom meet up? or it looks fine the way it is? I have builders block. ^^;
  • Options
    kadyladie245kadyladie245 Posts: 52
    edited March 2011
    I live in new england, and that is very good. I have visited a few friends and they have ranch homes. I suggest a fenced in backyard insteadof ligiments of fences.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited March 2011
    Its far too cute!
    I love it :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::wink:
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Jurik1124Jurik1124 Posts: 4,627 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Very good, especially for your first build! I love the landscaping!
  • Options
    JennIJillJennIJill Posts: 86 New Member
    edited March 2011
    the build and the landscape were perfect, it really has the new england flair...but a new england ranch is called a cape cod cottage..... keep up the building its beautiful!
  • Options
    BrainampBrainamp Posts: 174 Member
    edited March 2011
    Very cute! I think you laid out the rooms in a nice way that will make for easy playing. I also agree with previous comments, the small room should be a nursery or child's room.

I also have another suggestion. On the front porch, you could use archways instead of columns to make it look even more like the model. You could move them there using the moveobjects cheat. I don't know if you would be able to see the arches because of the roof line coming down so low, but it could be worth a try.

I look forward to seeing more pictures, especially of the interior! Good job!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Brainamp wrote:
    I also have another suggestion. On the front porch, you could use archways instead of columns to make it look even more like the model. You could move them there using the moveobjects cheat. I don't know if you would be able to see the arches because of the roof line coming down so low, but it could be worth a try.

really? I never knew you can make the arches with a cheat code. is there a way to do it?
  • Options
    BrainampBrainamp Posts: 174 Member
    edited March 2011
    Brainamp wrote:

really? I never knew you can make the arches with a cheat code. is there a way to do it?

You would just use the archways that can be used as doors, but you would need to use the cheat code to move them there. You hit Ctrl+Shift+C and then type in "moveobjects on" (without the quotation marks) and you'll be able to place archways there instead of columns. Just place them like you would the columns. Basically this cheat lets you place an object anywhere on your lot, regardless of what is in the way. I hope that helps!
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited March 2011
    I think it is absolutely adorable! You did a fantastic job. I think if it were just a touch wider, you might have a little more room to wrangle those bedroom entrances, but I can see why you made it as you did. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    JennIJill wrote:
    the build and the landscape were perfect, it really has the new england flair...but a new england ranch is called a cape cod cottage..... keep up the building its beautiful!

thx! auctilly the reason why I called it "new england ranch" because that's what's the model house's name. :wink:

but my dad had a "Cape Cod house" model too and that's my next project after completing the ranch. :wink:

here's the box of it.
    2300.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Babsie14Babsie14 Posts: 116 Member
    edited March 2011
    Awww... So cute! I love it, especially the landscaping! It looks really cozy and welcoming on the inside too! I'm going to recommend it right now. Keep upthe good work. :) OOPS! I'm sorry. I thought you had uploaded it. Please do so. Let's not let your hard work be forgotten.