Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are the children in my neighborhood dieing ????

Ok I don't really like to deal with babies and toddlers--enuf of that in real life. So I got this male sim to impregnate any sim he can. He has had about 7 kids so far. His half-brother has had twins.

My sim reads the paper only to find that his first born son (still an infant) has burned up. The mom was a vamp so baby was a vamp. So, I'm like, must be a vamp thing...stupid mom.

Well, then one of the half-brother's twins drowned, the paper said.

BOTH kids still show up as alive in the family tree. (well, when I actually click on the half-brother nothing...nothing shows up in the tree, but that's another story.)

Well, now another has burned up that wasn't a vamp.

WHY is the paper KILLING off my kids???? :(

Comments

• Options
    LaraceliaLaracelia Posts: 223 Member
    edited March 2011
    This happened in my game as well. I hated it. All the babies started just being killed off. It is part of story progression. If the game feels your town is getting over populated it will "randomly" kills off sims.

I am not sure how it is programed to pick who it "kills" but why it doesn't pick to kill off ELDERS who are 120 years old and choices babies instead does not make sense to me.
  • Options
    YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited March 2011
    I think that part of the criteria for killing off a sim through SP is the number of friends a sim has. If SP kills off a sim with a ton of friends, it messes with a lot of lives. If they don't have any friends, well, they won't really be missed. What EA forgot to account for is the fact that babies are going to have fewer friends than anyone since they can't leave the house until they are toddlers and even toddlers aren't going to really know many people outside the family.
  • Options
    GramcrackersGramcrackers Posts: 1,162 Member
    edited March 2011
    Good observation, Yahtzami.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited March 2011
    uhmm ah come on guys you can take your infants and toddlers out all your friends will be able to pick up your infant and depending on what kind of skills they learn as toddlers your friends can talk to them if they can talk if not they will encourage them to talk by talking to them. Infants just lay there, I was hoping we could get some type of strollers for the infant and toddlers I would think it would be quit unconfortable on the ground well at least for a infant a toddler likes to craw in the grass won't go very far unless you teach them to walk than they can travel a ways.

infants make friends by others performing an action with them all actions are positive toddlers that can talk can get the speach bubble early and may be able to talk to other toddlers if they can talk
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    KalphisKalphis Posts: 469
    edited March 2011
    It's as close to big cities as possible, in big cities, children are basicly the rarest things you see. Lol. Buut for real, that is awkward. And I did not know that the game would randomly kill off people when the town got over-populated. Hrm..... *plays as 6 different families, drags uhunger on adults/young adults to 0, killing them, kills off SOME elders, but not too many, and adds 7 children.)

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    edited March 2011
    First of all, thanks for all the info...now...

OK....so if I don't have enuf sims in my neighborhood then the clubs arent as full (i.e. sims of an age that want or can go to the clubs).... well if those sims start having babies its an OH NO YOU DONT kind of thing.

This is happening in SV. I HATE seeing too many empty houses. I got tired..WAY tired of waiting for the stupid game to spawn families. It like spawned ONE family per generation and more than one family would move or die out.

So what you're saying is now I have the JOB of visiting all the neighbors and MEETING their babies so they dont die on me. great. fun.

Anyway, as it turns out the latest save I had on that game got corrupted b/c I was in the process of saving when my puter crashed so it wouldn't load so I went back to an old save (run on sentence I know) (breathes). That save still had both twins still living (1st born boy still dead-but not dead on tree :evil: ) and the half-brothers babies havent been born yet. edit: so I moved them into the house and aged them to kids.

/facepalm This is getting way too complicated.

At least if they're gonna die gimme a gravestone.

2nd edit: spellcheck doesn't catch words as wrong if you use the wrong word instead
  • Options
    Me491Me491 Posts: 628 New Member
    edited March 2011
    tsa.pngwidth=550
  • Options
    YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited March 2011
    I don't know how you feel about mods...but I downloaded Twallan's Story Progression to take over for EA's Story Progression and kids no longer die for no reason in my game. It may be something worth looking into.
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited March 2011
    Yahtzami wrote:
    I don't know how you feel about mods...but I downloaded Twallan's Story Progression to take over for EA's Story Progression and kids no longer die for no reason in my game. It may be something worth looking into.

This /\. It works very well. You also get the added bonus of knowing what people in your town are up to. They gain skill points and promotions just as if you were playing them.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    Sphire_ZiemiaSphire_Ziemia Posts: 1,148 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Said this before but EA should pull their heads out of their backsides and really hire Twallan.
  • Options
    Robyn536Robyn536 Posts: 590 Member
    edited March 2011
    Said this before but EA should pull their heads out of their backsides and really hire Twallan.

No kidding.. I love Twallan. Why haven't they hired him (her?) yet?? Person is a genius.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yahtzami wrote:

Whoa thanks. However, I feel like my brain is going to implode trying to read everything. This is going to be like playing a whole different game, but it couldn't hurt to try, right?

I found something on the ? nraaz ? site???? I think that's it. Backing up files as I'm typing. It couldn't hurt.
  • Options
    Llama_WatcherLlama_Watcher Posts: 501
    edited March 2011
    Laracelia wrote:
    I am not sure how it is programed to pick who it "kills" but why it doesn't pick to kill off ELDERS who are 120 years old and choices babies instead does not make sense to me.

Because ea is :twisted: ?
  • Options
    JaanaDruidJaanaDruid Posts: 1,116 New Member
    edited March 2011
    mypalsim1 wrote:
    So what you're saying is now I have the JOB of visiting all the neighbors and MEETING their babies so they dont die on me. great. fun.
    Welcome to EA Story Progression. :? Unfortunately, this task of visiting the new born households has been around ever since EA patched the base game over a year ago. It's a royal pain in the rear and highly unlikely to ever get fixed.

If you don't mind using mods, a superior work around exists. Get Twallan's Story Progression. It allows you to customize and fix every broken feature in the game. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: The SP has got an option called "Meet All Family At Birth" which allows you to specify the relationship level between a new born baby and all of it's family members at birth. I've always set this to 100%, so my newborn infants and toddlers can no longer die from infantcide. You can download Twallan's SP version 179 here:

http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?board=4.0

edit: nvm Yahtzami beat me to it :lol:
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    :-) :-) :-)

Got it now. The half-brother's twin died, but I think that's because it had happened before the thingy was installed.

So far it's great, and I really like how everyone in the neighborhood is getting up off their bums and getting a job so they don't get broke and have to move away.

Thanks everyone!