Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kings and Queens Contest (We Have Winners - LOOKIE - Anettesb; Sarah3120 & Anchy1991)

Hey All!
I am so excited for Sims Medieval to come out next week, I just cannot wait. So I decided to throw together a week long contest in honor of Sims Medieval.

This contest will be different than my standard contest with the ending date of the contest being March 22nd, 2011 when Sims Medieval goes live in the US (I will close it down at midnight on the 22nd which to make it easier for some people who get unsure of the times will be March 21st at 11:59p EST to help people have a better understand of when it closes).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Contest – Kings and Queens Contest (By Mystik)

Mystikville is looking for Sims of royal stuff to be their king and queen! So they are hosting a contest that anyone may enter. So come one come all and show us you what your made of!

Contest Details

The goal here is to create either a King or a Queen. As with all of the contests I normally run you can entry as many times as you would like but you can only win once in each category. For this contest you must make either a king or a queen for your entry; you may only make queens or only kings or both - whatever you prefer just please make each entry in a separate post.

I know many of you have seen my stricter rule set in regards to custom contest but this is just a fun little contest in honor of Sims Medieval so there will be no rules in place for what type of content you may use. (Besides I am still trying to get myself up and running) You may use any type of content you want so pull out your favorite custom hair and have a ball. This contest will be judged based solely on your screenshots and story/bio. So get create and just have fun with it.

You must however use the entry form because it helps me keep track of those little details.

Entry Form
Creator's Name:
Sims Name:
Link to Download: (This is here so others can download your Sim if they wish but it is not required to have a link to enter this contest)
Story/Bio: (Since I am using this as 50% in judging your entry you need to do some type of story or bio - but how long or short is up to you)
Screenshots: (At least 3 of any type of shot you feel is best, but you may have more if you would like - shots in CAS are fine but remember this is the other 50% of the judging so action shots would be the best here)

Prizes

The Top 3 Kings and the Top 3 Queens will be award.
Kings
1st Place – 300 sp to spend
2nd Place – 200 sp to spend
3rd Place – 100 sp to spend

Queens
1st Place – 300 sp to spend
2nd Place – 200 sp to spend
3rd Place – 100 sp to spend

So let’s see your royalty!

Comments

• Options
    Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited March 2011
    Queens

Sarah3120 with Cassandra
    Anchy1991 with Hasenella Pegason
    Anettesb with Margrethe Oldenborg

Kings

Anettesb with Valdemar Sejr
    Sarah3120 with Tiberius
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ok, so we had 5 entries all together both Anettesb and Sarah3120 did a king and a queen and Anchy1991 did just a queen. So the good news is everyone one who entered win!

The break down goes like this.....

Queens

1st Place Goes To ---- Anettesb with her creation of Margrethe Oldenborg (She was very beatiful Anette and you did an amazing job with your screenshots). So you win 300 sp for your great queen!

2nd Place Goes To ---- Anchy1991 with her creation of Hasenelle Peganson. I love how she went to the future and flipped out over the TV and such, very creative! Amazing job. You have 200 sp to spend however you please.

3rd Plave Goes to ---- Sarah3120 with her Cassandra - I love that she started out evil and ended up marrying the king in the end! Great job. You have 100 sp to spend.

Kings

1st Place Goes to Sarah3120 for her Tiberius. Your king aurther story blew me away and made me go awww, just like I do when I watch a movie like about that era. Tiberius was also quiet a hunk too! Hubba hubba! Hehe You have 300 points to spend for Tiberius.

2nd Place Goes to --- Anettesb with her royal Sim Valdemar Sejr. He was very charming and quite handsome. You have 200 sp to spend for your winning king. You get 200 points to spend for your amazing king.

So the way this adds up ….
    Anchy1991 has 200 sp to spend however she wishes.
    Anettesb has a total of 500 sp to spend however she wishes.
    And Sarah3120 also has a total of 400 points to spend however she wishes.

Ladies please note I do not mind you give me a 4 page list of how you want your points spend. I do not mind gifting others for you but I do ask that you try to make it as easy on me as possible and provide links to ideas or wishlist and let me know who is to get what.

Thanks ladies and thank you all for helping me past the time while I waited for Midevil to come out (which I got today but have been so busy taken care of my ill father, writing a paper for school and Sims 3 boards I haven’t even gotten a change to look at the game yet – but soon! Hehe) Thanks again all!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited March 2011
    sound interesting (only read the intro)

but... could you please give a gmt +/- time, so I can figure out the time in my timezone. Thats the only way I can figure it out.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    SammieD3456SammieD3456 Posts: 1,383 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Mystik! You amaze me! I'm going to start thinking of you as the gifting forum contest Wonder Woman! You do so much! I just wanted to let you know it's very appreciated! Thank you for everything you do for this community! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    taz_suttontaz_sutton Posts: 173
    edited March 2011
    ooo I might have a go at this too, Mystik thank you for creating these contests, you are a one woman contest machine! :D
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    anettesb wrote:

but... could you please give a gmt +/- time, so I can figure out the time in my timezone. Thats the only way I can figure it out.

Sorry about that. EST is GMT +5.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Mystik! You amaze me! I'm going to start thinking of you as the gifting forum contest Wonder Woman! You do so much! I just wanted to let you know it's very appreciated! Thank you for everything you do for this community! :mrgreen:

Thanks Sammie and Taz it is my version of drive-by gifting ;)
  • Options
    SammieD3456SammieD3456 Posts: 1,383 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Mystik1978 wrote:

Thanks Sammie and Taz it is my version of drive-by gifting ;)

I love it!!! You are so wonderful to do this!I'm so thankful your a part of this community! You always have fresh, unique, challenging, and yet inspiring contest! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    EniracYEniracY Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited March 2011
    Oo I'd love to have a go at this :D

Thank you for creating such a cool contest :)
    'Understanding is half the battle. Fireballs are the other half.'
    - Acolyte Sousuke

'You can English in an English way all the way to the English'
    'Whether it rains, whether it snows, Sims now have weather, whatever the weather whether they like it or not.'
  • Options
    NyghtQueenNyghtQueen Posts: 25
    edited March 2011
    Leave it to you woman to tell me about the contest AFTER you post it.lol Looks like another cool contest and will be VERY interesting to judge it with you. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Mystik1978 wrote:
    anettesb wrote:

hu... thought you were in the US... good thing I asked then, I was gueesing -6/7/8 depending on where and on the daylightsaving
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    anettesb wrote:
    Mystik1978 wrote:
    anettesb wrote:

hu... thought you were in the US... good thing I asked then, I was gueesing -6/7/8 depending on where and on the daylightsaving

I am in the USA on the East Coast. It might be -5 I asked hubby and he told me it was +5. Let me look it up and make sure I did not give you the wrong info.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I just check US Eastern Standard Time is GMT -5 not plus five. So I am glad you said something.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Thanks
  • Options
    WELSHMINXWELSHMINX Posts: 13,672 New Member
    edited March 2011
    :shock: i missed this one till now!!
    ooh i will start creating first thing tomorrow!!!
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    DaisyBurrDaisyBurr Posts: 14
    edited March 2011
    Ooo1 Ooo! Ooo! There's NO way you could be more excited for it than me! No way! Heck, I am "partaking" in this event!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I am glad it is of interest to so many you know me I always worry that people won't like my contest ideas.
  • Options
    WELSHMINXWELSHMINX Posts: 13,672 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Mystik1978 wrote:
    I am glad it is of interest to so many you know me I always worry that people won't like my contest ideas.

hun you have no worries there,your contests are great fun and i for one likes to enter!!!!
    i get a buzz out of creating things and a buzz entering contests! :mrgreen:
    hugs!
  • Options
    EniracYEniracY Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited March 2011
    Just to let you know I shall submit my entry Monday nightish when I get back to my computer, I'm away all weekend.
    But it will come :D Looking forward to this.
    'Understanding is half the battle. Fireballs are the other half.'
    - Acolyte Sousuke

'You can English in an English way all the way to the English'
    'Whether it rains, whether it snows, Sims now have weather, whatever the weather whether they like it or not.'
  • Options
    pepper090889pepper090889 Posts: 3,354 Member
    edited March 2011
    Me thinks I'll give this a go. I have ideas =]
    ofNj4ul
  • Options
    Sarah3120Sarah3120 Posts: 4,318 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Creator's Name: Sarah3120

Sims Name: Cassandra

Link to Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3898555

Story/Bio: In Camelot magic was strictly forbidden and everyone who made use of it had to die.
    That's why a witch called Cassandra, had to hide in a magical castle beyond the kingdom. There she practiced magic and learned new spells.
    One day Cassandra went into the middle of the kingdom, because she wanted to buy an ingredient for a magical drink to heal a sick friend.
    Suddenly, a strong and evil knight attacked the king. They fought and it didn't look good for the king. He fell to the ground and when the evil knight wanted to kill him, Cassandra knew what she had to do. She took the risk to die and casted a spell on the evil. He was defeated and the king awoke.
    Cassandra awaited the worst and wanted to flee, but something unexpected happened. The king was very thankful and it was the beginning of a new area.
    Since then magic was allowed again, the king and Cassandra became good friends and met very often to discuss about the relations between wizards and the normal human.
    At their seventh meeting they fell in love. Later, they even got married and Cassandra became queen.

Screenshots:

hdvntnvcpzpj.jpg"width=650"

ux9l7xe7fx6q.jpg"width=650"

7o45ljt72s.jpg"width=650"

qrh1ybvjlvg.jpg"width=650"

ujmafhbi33ho.jpg"width=650"

bqi4rxyx88rp.jpg"width=650"

wyw1z2oi8kbu.jpg"width=650"

hd2m6ugnlmu.jpg"width=650"

5afbirjhdud.jpg"width=650"

p2t3iqh3doo.jpg"width=650"

(Click on the pictures for a better view)

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Sarah3120 wrote:
    Creator's Name: Sarah3120

Sims Name: Cassandra

p2t3iqh3doo.jpg"width=650"

(Click on the pictures for a better view)

OMG Sarah what an amazing job you did! I love the story that went with your screenshots! I almost though I was looking at the new Sims Midievil game and not the Sims 3! Great job and the first of hopefully many more entries!
  • Options
    anchy1991anchy1991 Posts: 688
    edited March 2011
    Creator's Name: Anchy1991

Sims Name: Hasenelle Pegason

Link to Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3898841

Story/Bio: Hasenelle was very successful queen in her medieval time. But then one of her magicians creaed very powerful machine: Time Machine. After many of her servants successfully came back from future, she decided to travel on her own. But something went terribly wrong and she remain trapped in 21st century. Will she find herself in totally new world or she is simply lost forever.

Screenshots:
    Hasenelle on her favorite tron in dining room
    Screenshot-16.jpg
    Hasenelle in dungeon, pic perfect showes why is she called "Hasenelle Cold Blooded"
    Screenshot-17.jpg
    Hasenelle freaking out after discovering TV and Radio
    Screenshot-20.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Creator's Name: Anettesb
    Sims Name: Valdemar Sejr
    Link to Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3898907
    Story/Bio: Valdemar Sejr was a Danish King from 1202, it is told that it was under him that Danebro fell from the sky.
    Sorry to tirred to writ more

Read more:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valdemar_II_of_Denmark

Screenshots:
    2w1zklf.jpg

ojl3ev.jpg

2j5c7df.jpg

28qxb8i.jpg

16ljplc.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Creator's Name: Anettesb
    Sims Name: Margrethe Oldenborg
    Link to Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3899116
    Story/Bio: Margrethe was the daughter of the Danish King Valdemar Atterdag (meaning "Day Again")
    She lived from 1353 – 28 October 1412, where she died by the plague.
    I have been fascinated with her as long as I can remember, and made a history project at school about her, and the Kalmar Union.
    She was a brave and special lady. She had big ambitions, she wanted to continue her father’s plans about uniting all of Scandinavia in one kingdom, and of course it should be their family as the ruler.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT62PaMVzVUbMa1WMZN9yluwIZ4AKyx_pWfRzrctq3WIHiNCS-P8wOR70g3
    Read more here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_I_of_Denmark

Screenshots:
    acrkzo.jpg

2l8gkkh.jpg

4r3i40.jpg

2dspenr.jpg

244y68g.jpg

Edit to ad link, Liam finally alowed me to get it.