Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Incompatible" ishues...

I've gotten to play Late Night one time but then I wanted to play the game again(ofcause), and then i got this message:
"Unable to start game
Your The Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack. Please update your game via the game launcher."
Problem is: I've already installed all the latest patches manually earlier today(the problem started a few days ago) and I really hoped it would've fixed the problem.

I tried to start the game going around the launcher, still same result. is my only solution to re-install the game untill they've found and fixed the problem?
I'm *very* reluctant about re-installing the game, because last time it caused, that I wasn't able to install the game again after uninstalling, and it was only because I had to reinstall windows I was able to play the game again...

---

If I'm not able to avoyd re-installing, what can I do to lessen the risk, that it goes wrong again?

Comments

• Options
    BGSKG83BGSKG83 Posts: 19 Member
    edited March 2011
    bump... anyone?
  • Options
    AundreaNAundreaN Posts: 29 New Member
    edited March 2011
    im having the same problems.
    no luck so far either, probably just going to have to wait until the tech people figure something out. i haven't been able to play in months and everything is up to date for me too.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I hope they get it fixed soon. I haven't played for about 4 months(time-ishue, and having next to no energy to do much after a day at work, mostly knowing, when I start the game 6-8 hours could easily poof into smoke)
    I have time now, and really feel like playing and exploring the things I still have to explore...
  • Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited March 2011
    Hi,

Just to be certain, can you post the complete version numbers of your installed games please? To find out this information, run the launcher and then hover the mouse pointer over the game icons located in the bottom left corner. When you have the full game version numbers you can post them in this thread.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    PuppPuppPuppPupp Posts: 4
    edited March 2011
    Hi!
    We've got the same problems. Just in case, we have base game (version number: 1.18.9.009002), ambitions (version number: 4.2.32.007001) and late night (6.2.4.010001) Hope you can help us in any way :)
  • Options
    LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited March 2011
    PuppPupp wrote:
    Hi!
    We've got the same problems. Just in case, we have base game (version number: 1.18.9.009002), ambitions (version number: 4.2.32.007001) and late night (6.2.4.010001) Hope you can help us in any way :)

In your case, your base game needs to be updated. Download and install the following patch:

http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.19.44.010002_Update.exe
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • Options
    PuppPuppPuppPupp Posts: 4
    edited March 2011
    Thank you! I will try it now.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Hi,

Just to be certain, can you post the complete version numbers of your installed games please? To find out this information, run the launcher and then hover the mouse pointer over the game icons located in the bottom left corner. When you have the full game version numbers you can post them in this thread.

Well, I'd already found that info, and found out what updates I needed on the Danish forum, but because of lack of activity I switched to here...

Base game: 1.19.44.010002
    World Adventure: 2.14.4.010002
    Ambitions: 4.7.4.010001
    Late Night: 6.2.4.010001

At least the info there was on the Danish forum they should be up-to-date. I needed to update WA and Ambitions, which I did...
  • Options
    LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited March 2011
    BGSKG83 wrote:
    Hi,

Well, I'd already found that info, and found out what updates I needed on the Danish forum, but because of lack of activity I switched to here...

Base game: 1.19.44.010002
    World Adventure: 2.14.4.010002
    Ambitions: 4.7.4.010001

At least the info there was on the Danish forum they should be up-to-date. I needed to update WA and Ambitions, which I did...

Given that your version numbers are all up to date (though I'll mention that the patches are designed so that you can ignore the titles' versions between the base game and the most recently-released product on your computer), there's an alternative possible solution I can offer you.

Locate a file called "version.tag" within:

Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3

Delete the version.tag file and see if you find your issue resolved.
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    No luck, unfortunately. Still gives me the same message :-/
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Is there anything else I can try, before going for the re-installing of the game?

(And if I'll have to re-install, I'd liek to get a full detailed guide to how to do so, as the last time I tried it went wrong and I wasn't able to install the game again)
  • Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited March 2011
    Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try out:

1) Remove your player data files before relaunching the game. To do so, navigate to the following location:

Documents/Electronic Arts

Now move (not copy) the folder named The Sims 3 to your desktop. Attempt to run the game.

2) Uninstall Create a World and Create a Pattern.
    3) Uninstall EADM.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    When I tried to uninstall CAW and EADM I got this:

"c: \ Users \ ... \ Documents \ Electronic Arts refers to a location that is unavailable. It may be on the hard disk on this computer, or on a network, make sure the disk is inserted correctly and that you are connected to the Internet or network, and then try again. If it can still not find the information has possibly been moved to another location."
    (trancelated from Dansih, so might be some word that should be different)
    Have made sure of all the things it sais, so don't know what to do...

And I wasn't able to open the game after this either... I apreciate the help and suggestions :)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    *Is about to give up*
    If there are no other possible solutions other than re-installing, I guess I'll have to try and take the risk...
  • Options
    vitaminashleynvitaminashleyn Posts: 21 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I have re installed all of mine and it has not helped at all.

The Sims 3 : 1.19.44.010001
    World Adventures: 2.14.4.010001
    Ambitions: 4.0.87.006001