Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't load saved game!

I need help, please, I do not understand this situation.

Yesterday I was playing my game normally and decided not to save. Some minutes later I tried to load the saved game and... "there's been a serious error loding xxx please restart the application". What?!!! I played this same game five minutes ago and I didn't save it!.

I deleted the saved game and used the backup. I could load the game normally, but some times this does not work and I have to start a new game loosing my game.

My question is: if I didn't save my game at all, why couldn't I load a saved game that was fine minutes before? It does not make sense at all! What changes do the game do to a saved file even when you do not save at all?

Sadly this happens to me a lot. Sometimes without saving or modifying anything, sometimes after importing objects from The Store, etc. It seems my saved files get corrupted without an explanation...

Does this happen to anyone of you?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited March 2011
    Hi,

The following may be of help to you:
    From Nolic0321:

Alright i'm pretty sure i've found out the problem! I've got System Mechanic and it runs a program called System Guard and System Shield. They kinda work like Norton's Live Protection or whatever it's called. Anyway it watches what's running to catch viruses and what not. Well I turned those off and now my game works fine. Idk what it is that those programs are blocking...or changing...but it looks like it's causing some kind of issue with reloading saved games. You guys might want to try this as a solution with everyone else who has this problem as I saw a similar fix on the forums. I'd say turn off everything else that's running in the background and test the game.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    edited March 2011
    Hi,

The following may be of help to you:
    From Nolic0321:

Alright i'm pretty sure i've found out the problem! I've got System Mechanic and it runs a program called System Guard and System Shield. They kinda work like Norton's Live Protection or whatever it's called. Anyway it watches what's running to catch viruses and what not. Well I turned those off and now my game works fine. Idk what it is that those programs are blocking...or changing...but it looks like it's causing some kind of issue with reloading saved games. You guys might want to try this as a solution with everyone else who has this problem as I saw a similar fix on the forums. I'd say turn off everything else that's running in the background and test the game.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I do not understand very well this post (sorry, English is not my mother tongue). Should I install this program or this program was the cause of the problems for him/her?

Thanks.
  • Options
    FORGEBLADEFORGEBLADE Posts: 309 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Hi mcorral

Nichaedemus was saying in a previous post that people had found by not running anti-virus software it seems to stop this problem of saves not working.

You would obviously have to disconnect from the internet if you did this!

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Thank you both.
  • Options
    FORGEBLADEFORGEBLADE Posts: 309 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Did it work?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Hi again,

I've been doing some tests and this is the result:

If I do not use the launcher at all I can save/load games normally. When I download and install CC (all from The Store) or export families/lots from the game to a sims3pack file I get the error message and I have to delete my saved games because there is a chance of 70% that these are corrupted.

So, the result is that it is the launcher what is corrupting my saved games.

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the launcher but the problem persists. I use no mods or CC from any other site but The Store.

Thanks a lot.