The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Much Needed: Continuity Between Worlds

I love the Sims 3... but when the rumors were still out, way back in the day, about them making it, and they said it would be seamless neighborhoods... I envisioned a world where I could move my family from one town to another without losing all of their friends/family connections.

I think, of all of the programming changes that could be made, that this would definitely be the most important to me, as an addicted simmer. I love to play generation families, and hate to skip around from town to town playing different families all of the time, and so I end up getting stuck in one town throughout the generations (like that EP 4 pun I threw in there???). After 6 or more generations, I tire of the same neighborhood... even though there are plenty of homes and new people coming in, I end up living in a town full of my generational "spares", and can't marry anyone because they are all related, etc...

So, in conclusion, EA... would you be a love and make it so that when I move to another town, I can keep my friends and family? Thanks, you are a doll :)

Comments

• Options
    Arcangel2Arcangel2 Posts: 119 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I would Love this! I hate having to try to add clubs and new rabbit holes just to get a job. Think about it, raised in Sunset Valley, Bridge-port as a Young Adult and then settle down in Twin-brook!. I would be better if Story Progression was one for each world so I don't move back to Sunset Valley to find the Goth's still as they are after so many days.
  • Options
    abugsmomabugsmom Posts: 40 Member
    edited February 2011
    Exactly :)
  • Options
    LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, that would be nice, but if people think the game is slow or buggy now, they definitely wouldn't like it after this was done.
  • Options
    elijahhines10elijahhines10 Posts: 6,433 Member
    edited March 2011
    I think you will have to wait till The Sims 4:(
  • Options
    Ricky_BoRicky_Bo Posts: 325
    edited March 2011
    I really think the people in this community need to learn the difference between "this is much needed", and "this would be kind of nice".
  • Options
    MidyinMidyin Posts: 20
    edited March 2011
    Ricky_Bo wrote:
    I really think the people in this community need to learn the difference between "this is much needed", and "this would be kind of nice".

No, its needed...

That would be cool to not have all my Sim families on separate Saves, but a have the ability to have my one Sim Family be friends with one of my other Sim Families(like in The first two games)...

I mean I can make a copy of that family I suppose, but they are just lame versions of the Super-Sim they stemmed from..
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Midyin wrote:
    No, its needed...

That would be cool to not have all my Sim families on separate Saves, but a have the ability to have my one Sim Family be friends with one of my other Sim Families(like in The first two games)...

I mean I can make a copy of that family I suppose, but they are just lame versions of the Super-Sim they stemmed from..

Well, personally, I don't usually stay with a single family for too long, which means I'm constantly starting new games and seeing which new ways the Sims of each town behave each time, so moving around isn't a big deal to me. Do you think EA should include this feature to satisfy a specific group of players, or should they focus on things which would make more players happy? How do you prioritize that?
  • Options
    MidyinMidyin Posts: 20
    edited March 2011
    Ricky_Bo wrote:
    Midyin wrote:
    No, its needed...

Well, personally, I don't usually stay with a single family for too long, which means I'm constantly starting new games and seeing which new ways the Sims of each town behave each time, so moving around isn't a big deal to me. Do you think EA should include this feature to satisfy a specific group of players, or should they focus on things which would make more players happy? How do you prioritize that?

first; Don't get snippy. there's no reason to take it personal. I just have a differant opinion then you do(you'll see alot of that on The Internet)... :roll:

next; so the way people like you play is more deserving of the game to be designed around? icon_lol.gif

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but there are probably more people that play the Sims the way all the other people that commented on this thread do. Not to mention "That is how the game is already designed"(gasp). thats why there are LONG TERM goals because most people play a family long enough to try and reach them....

If games wear all designed for people with A.D.D. There would be no sense in writing Endings, or Long Term Goals... :roll:
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited March 2011
    I am a realist. I doubt we will see travel across towns without a load screen so seamless has been thrown out the window over multiple towns.

I personally would be satisfied with the ability to attach neighborhoods(IE subhoods off a main neighborhood) I am willing to also deal with a load screen for it to happen. This way people have an option to deal with a load screen or not. A new town each expansion is getting old. I love the new towns the developers add but, I would rather attach them to my sunset valley rather they create a whole new neighborhood\Sims.

Aging and story progression...hmmm I am not sure if they could code it to work over all neighborhoods. So my guess would be the active neighborhood would age\progress while the others stood still. This may not be all that bad considering it was house by house in Sims2.
  • Options
    TheComicScholarTheComicScholar Posts: 221
    edited March 2011
    I'm usually a short-term player, mostly because I'm impatient, but also because it can get a little dull playing long-term. NPCs have no initiative, all the buying and building is done by the player. It would be really excellent if the town could expand and NPCs could move in or out of their own accord.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Midyin wrote:
    first; Don't get snippy. there's no reason to take it personal. I just have a differant opinion then you do(you'll see alot of that on The Internet)... :roll:

I wasn't being snippy, and I'm not insulted by your opinion... I was just saying what I think of the situation. I like the idea in itself, but I think EA would rather cater to a greater amount of players.