Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Personal Pictures

deepdowndeepdown Posts: 3,121 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
How do I put one of my own pictures as a pattern in my game?
I looked at many sites that didn't give me the answer that I wanted.
Please help me with the dilemma.
Please and Thank You.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    edited March 2011
    This explanation assumes (I know, I know) that you have CAP:

You can, and I have, add your pictures. They have to be small enough to add to CAP. Make sure it's a jpg or PNG file. Then you just add it like all other pictures. I hope this helps! If not, I'll try to be of more help!

If you don't have CAP, you will need it to make a pattern. If you don't wish to make your own pattern, you can email me (my email is in my bio in my profile) and I'll help you. :)

Good Luck!

ETA I'm sorry it took so long to reply! I was caught up in a contest and not paying enough attention to the boards! :oops:
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    deepdowndeepdown Posts: 3,121 Member
    edited March 2011
    This explanation assumes (I know, I know) that you have CAP:

You can, and I have, add your pictures. They have to be small enough to add to CAP. Make sure it's a jpg or PNG file. Then you just add it like all other pictures. I hope this helps! If not, I'll try to be of more help!

If you don't have CAP, you will need it to make a pattern. If you don't wish to make your own pattern, you can email me (my email is in my bio in my profile) and I'll help you. :)

Good Luck!

ETA I'm sorry it took so long to reply! I was caught up in a contest and not paying enough attention to the boards! :oops:

Ok, thank You very much, yet sadly I'm still baffled. How do you get your picture to be a pattern?
  • Options
    MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited March 2011
    First you need a picture/image that is 256 by 256 pixels or smaller.(you can use paint to re-size a picture.) Then you use this button I have circled in red in the picture below and browse to the location you save the picture and it should be in one of those little rectangles to the right of the button you use to load the picture in.

2gx21ix.jpg
  • Options
    k2m1took2m1too Posts: 3,128 Member
    edited March 2011
    Just to complete the process (since maybe deepdown doesn't know how to use CAP):

Once you load the picture in as MGSFan612 stated, your picture is now a "Stamp". It will appear as a tiny thumbnail in the stamps area as show in this picture. (I just used my avatar picture for simplicity.

TheSims3CreateaPatternTool312201164429AM.jpg

Click on the stamp, and drag it onto the canvas just above the stamps. You will then have to position it and resize it to your liking.

NOTE: The canvas is 256x256. To center a picture on it, you will want to set the X and Y at 128 (both values). In the below picture I resized it to fill the canvas and centered. (My picture happened to be square). For use on furniture, I find it is best to offset the pictures rather than center them. I do 112 x 112. But play with it, that is what the preview is for.

TheSims3CreateaPatternTool312201164533AMbmp.jpg

It is important to note that CAP is not a photo editing program. Whatever your picture was when you imported it, is how it will be (other than size/position). Also, it will not be transparent. Otherstamps will obsure it and it will obscure other stamps. It will not be seamless, unless the picture was seamless to start with.

TheSims3CreateaPatternTool312201165816AMbmp.jpg

Once you get it to your liking. Save your pattern (the ellipsis button [...] gets you to the menu).

To export it and get it into your game / upload it to the exchange, you should read the very nice tutorial that has already been posted:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/236007.page
  • Options
    lmkrivcherlmkrivcher Posts: 509 Member
    edited March 2011
    I just resize the photo in paint, a similar program, then do the hotkey <ctrl>+i (at the same time)in the CAP app and locate the folder where the pic is. Do make sure it is in the correct format and short file name.
    easy peasy lemon squeezy
    Happy Simming
    Simming since 2000 (whew!) <3
  • Options
    Hunterkiller1989Hunterkiller1989 Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    Hey guys, I have a similar question.

I don't want to make my own pattern, but I rather find a way I can hang up personal pics (not taken in Sims 3) on the wall. For example, I want a picture I got from a website to be hung up on my Sim's wall.

Is there any way to do this?? With painting or otherwise? For Sims 3, PC.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top