Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 1

Whos been hooked on Sims since the first one? I know it's one of the first things i ever used a computer for. I was watching Sims 1 videos on youtube and i mean wow, back in the day that was the cats meow. The graphics, details, and options. One of the things i found funny is that i hated that bars you got to divide into things to make you're Sims personality. Now its pretty much traits instead of little bars to make you angry. Oh and the lack of looks for you're sim...

Hey, if anyone has pics from Sims 1 that they took (won't still have i doubt) or that they found... That would be cool to see.
i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/

Comments

• Options
    bdoug24bdoug24 Posts: 527 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I was about to ask the same question XD

I have been hooked from the sims 1 infact i have:

The sims 1 complete collection
    Most of the sims 2
    All of the sims 3 (so far)
    Sim city societies
    Sims 2, simcity for DS
    all of the sims 3 for ipod touch
    sims 2 pets for PS2
    The sims, The sims bustin out and The sims 2 for the first xbox
    The sims 3 castaways for WII

So yeah im a fan of the sims series XDDD and it was the sims 1 that started this obsession XD
  • Options
    wolak2302wolak2302 Posts: 494 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I played every single Sims game I started from Sims 1 with all EP's and played Sim City every single part - ending on Sim City Societies. And for Sims series I have Sims 1,2,3 on my computer with all EP's and SP's and also with CC
  • Options
    xWednesdayxxWednesdayx Posts: 2,478 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I loved the Sims 1! Well when it was new I did...

I tried to play it recently and I just couldn't do it. The Sims 3 has spoiled me so much I couldn't go back to the restrictions that the Sims 1 brought. However, I do miss its kookiness and random things. I think that is what made it so charming for me.
  • Options
    bdoug24bdoug24 Posts: 527 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I find it funny now (not when it was new) when they couldn't go around a chair XD and just looking at the way they used to move
  • Options
    schmezzleschmezzle Posts: 1,616 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Ha, yeah I was a kid and my friend gave me a copy if it. We had a computer that barely ran it. It literally took about a minute just for the sims to cross a room but I still sat there and played it obsessively.
    Obviously I could never get any E.P.s or anything for it though :(

When sims 2 came out I shared a laptop with my brother which could run it okay.

Now for sims 3 I have my own laptop and it runs it great! Yaaaay!! :D

• Options
    MissChatterboxMissChatterbox Posts: 4,277 New Member
    edited February 2011
    SimasaurusRex?
  • Options
    BabyDaisyBabyDaisy Posts: 846 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I love The Sims. I've got a fair few of the expansion packs. I've never played on Sims 2 and I'm pretty glad about that. That way, I can play on rubbish-graphics, really not very customizable rooms and sims and then be inspired for Sims 3! I love the contrast.

BabyDaisy
  • Options
    ClaireyyyClaireyyy Posts: 1,066 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I loved The Sims 1. I reinstalled it recently, but I just couldn't play it.
  • Options
    Banky007Banky007 Posts: 3,545 New Member
    edited February 2011
    i have the complete collection of sims 1 for mac on order at the moment. i used to play it on my window's computer before it crashed :P

I love it! it's so crazy! :D

Those bar things that you set to determine the personality.... don't always work.. i make this one sim's 0 nice and 0 playful and he NEVER got into any fights :shock: he was nice to everyone... and very peaceful! I was shocked

there was even pokies in sims 1 :XD: lmao!
  • Options
    ShikomizerShikomizer Posts: 84 New Member
    edited February 2011
    been hooked on the sims, since simcity on the SNES, so Sims 1 has always been my fave, since i found it to be more adult and cheeky
  • Options
    PixelRainbowPixelRainbow Posts: 865 Member
    edited February 2011
    Yes I have :mrgreen:
    I still have every single sims game haha, I can't bare to sell them!