Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want more misfortune in my Sims life, any suggestions?

Foreword: This isn't counting households with losers, unlucky sims, or forced deaths.

I've been playing the Sims 3 for a long while and I've never had a Sim burn to death, I've had one Sims drown, and one be electrocuted. Other than that, all my Sims that have ever passed away have done so of old age! I don't like forcing death's hand, either. I've been robbed a couple of times, but most of those times I've fended off the burglar.

And other playstyles or mods someone could suggest to help change this? I've even tried putting 5 absentminded Sims into a household, but I found that I was pulling my hair out from having to tell them what to do a billion times and not seeing things get screwed up often enough to be worth it.

There HAS to be a mod that'll tweak the numbers so that my Sims will be slain more often, right? I think the chances of misfortune happening is set too low as it is.

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it I think I've gotten good enough at playing that I can lower my Sim's autonomy level. Still, does anyone know how to increase the risk factor in a Sim's life?

Comments

• Options
    GoodMorningMrSunGoodMorningMrSun Posts: 1,541 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I know Twallan has some kind of mod where you can cause meteor showers, and all sorts of chaos - I have no idea what it's called though.

Here's some ideas you can do without a mod:
    Have as many babies as possible, as fast as possible
    have a husband get as many romantic interests as possible
    make a house full of teens and try to make them get rich
    make a big household and drag down their hunger bars by holding down CTRL :D my favorite
    and ummm... make all the sims in a household really ugly?
  • Options
    Ricky_BoRicky_Bo Posts: 325
    edited February 2011
    I know Twallan has some kind of mod where you can cause meteor showers, and all sorts of chaos - I have no idea what it's called though.

I'll have to look for that then. So far the only mod I have is the mood hotfix, so I don't imagine it'll clash.
    Here's some ideas you can do without a mod:
    Have as many babies as possible, as fast as possible
    have a husband get as many romantic interests as possible
    make a house full of teens and try to make them get rich
    make a big household and drag down their hunger bars by holding down CTRL :D my favorite
    and ummm... make all the sims in a household really ugly?

I tried the teen thing. Called the household "The Misfits" and had them all with clashing personalities. I guess I can try that one again, since now that I think about it it was pretty challenging.
  • Options
    PEACHES327PEACHES327 Posts: 3,041 Member
    edited February 2011
    If you're looking for a bit of misfortune, have a sim donate all or as much money to some kind of cause and start all over on building up your money.

If you're wanting death misfortunes specifically, I can't help you . . . I guess I'm not that creative. :?
    Please Visit My Sims 3 & 4 Blog! studiopeaches.blogspot.com
  • Options
    xocaptiveoxxocaptiveox Posts: 1,352 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I have only had a sim burn to death once. He was inventing at his little bench thing and he caught on fire and I didnt know what to do (it was the first time I played with ambitions). After that only natural deaths. I havent had any natural disasters or anything like that either.

So I make the game more challenging. I make a family and tried to make every member in it accomplish a different LTW. I haven't gotten through it before, due to the fact that I continually restart my game.

If that doesn't float your boat, GoodMorningMrSun had some great ideas. Also try looking at different legacy rules on the Sims Wiki page.
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited February 2011
    yep i agree .
    slobs dont die the way they should anymore as theres no death by flys in sims3.

i would like to see sims clumsy sims having accidents and having to go into hospital for treatment .

more things going wrong in the home leaking roof windows breaking so there unexpected bills .

also i would like my sims to beable to call out a architect. when they need to improve their home.

also they could have in the services on the phone the op to call for a investigator , if a sim suspects their partner is cheating or anything else you may hire one for.

bring back the noicey nieghbours and the interactions that should include.

i have many more but you can get the jist with these!
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    betty_me13betty_me13 Posts: 3,285 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Might try looking at modthesims. I found a few mods that will increase the chances of having a fire http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364715
    And this one increase the amount of fire, it also makes the fire spread more quickly and makes it hard to put out http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=395290
  • Options
    brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited February 2011
    I know Twallan has some kind of mod where you can cause meteor showers

Anyone know the name of this mod?

I've been wanting to get meteor showers in my game for some time now, but have never had one happen. :(
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited February 2011
    Oy stop talking about modding the game. NOT all of us use or want to have to result to using mods to improve the game .
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    tams2578tams2578 Posts: 705 Member
    edited February 2011
    calmorezoo wrote:
    Oy stop talking about modding the game. NOT all of us use or want to have to result to using mods to improve the game .

Yes, but not everyone feels the same way as you do so if people want to mod their games (I'm one of them)or talk about mods they can.
    Zwdtm8.png
  • Options
    brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited March 2011
    brandi22 wrote:
    I know Twallan has some kind of mod where you can cause meteor showers

Anyone know the name of this mod?

I've been wanting to get meteor showers in my game for some time now, but have never had one happen. :(

Still wondering about this? :roll:
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
  • Options
    pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    edited March 2011
    Make a single female sim, have her have at least 5 children with 5 different sims. Make sure she has the flirty and does not like children traits. Also, never let her get past level 5 in any job. You can change jobs after each job she reaches level 5. She can only hire a babysitter during work hours, so if she is to have a social life, it's when her firstborn is a teenager and can take care of the younger siblings...See how everything unfolds...oh, and don't put any alarms in the home. No studying up on skills, she must learn by doing only!
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • Options
    roguerabbitroguerabbit Posts: 1,379 New Member
    edited March 2011
    i'd do a real world rip-off for the sims...get a bunch of sims in a house and give 'em all stereotyped roles, i.e. the drunk chick, the jock, the idiot, the space-case, the hippy, etc...whenever i get bored with the sims, i think of some of my favourite characters from books and movies and try to make them in-game...i try to get their personalities as close as possible and then go form there...

*shrugs* other than that, i don't use mods, so i couldn't tell ya what to get to make the game more life threatening, lol