Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Flute Forward dress fix!!!

Hey guys,

So I was on the forums and saw a few of you were having issues with the Flute dress from The Store. I was gifted it, and it showed up black in my launcher so I knew it was going to perform the missing leg trick in game.

Well, after some online investigating, I found a solution! It's worked for others, and for me, so hopefully it can work for you to!

First, go to this page and save the program. It's called the Compressorizor Redux. http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=473

Totally harmless, I've used it today without an issue.

Once you have the folder saved, open it up and click the "Compressorizor Application."

Leaving that open, to make things simpler, head over to your downloads folder and grab the Flute dress and drag it to your desktop. The file name in your downloads folder will be afBodyClassDressCocktail

Now with that on your desktop, click "Add Files" in Compressorizor and select "Desktop" the file will show. Now, you have to "decrapify" the file. (yes, that is actually what they call it.)

Select "decrapify" and after getting the success message, click OK and X out of the application. Place the Flute dress file back into your downloads folder, and then open the launcher.

Install as you normally would, and now see if your dress is fixed.

Hopefully it works and you guys can get back to wearing it in game! My Sim currently has it on and it's beautiful! Definitely one of my faves. :)
Happiness is always just a plumbob away.

Comments

• Options
    lunasysimslunasysims Posts: 5,858 Member
    edited February 2011
    Just to make sure others see it! :)
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited February 2011
    Now, you have to "decrapify" the file. (yes, that is actually what they call it.)

This line made my night!! :lol:

Seriously, I'm going to look into this program. I have that dress in game and it got borked after LN. I'm tired of seeing a bunch of Peg-Legged Sallys running around town.

Thanks!
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Darkling wrote:
    Now, you have to "decrapify" the file. (yes, that is actually what they call it.)

This line made my night!! :lol:

Seriously, I'm going to look into this program. I have that dress in game and it got borked after LN. I'm tired of seeing a bunch of Peg-Legged Sallys running around town.

Thanks!

hahaha XD I laughed when I first saw it. I wonder how long it took to come up with the name...

I've heard so many people frustrated over it! I'd hate having Peg-Legged Sallys (or in my case, Megan) running all over the place too!
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited February 2011

I was on the forums and saw a few of you were having issues with the Flute dress from The Store.

It's sad that a 3rd party modder has to fix an official EA Store mesh that EA obviously refuses to fix. What is worse is that people still support such shoddy business practices with their hard-earned money.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    deepdowndeepdown Posts: 3,121 Member
    edited February 2011
    Bookmarked and Bump! To get the word out! :D
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited February 2011
    Candyhearts, thank you very much for taking the time to share this information. I've been meaning to post this for a long time and I just never got around to it. This solution has worked for many people to fix this dress.
  • Options
    GWDoddGWDodd Posts: 945
    edited February 2011
    Zolt65 wrote:

I was on the forums and saw a few of you were having issues with the Flute dress from The Store.

It's sad that a 3rd party modder has to fix an official EA Store mesh that EA obviously refuses to fix. What is worse is that people still support such shoddy business practices with their hard-earned money.

Well said. I've stopped buying simpoints and I'm pretty-much doubtful EA will get any more of my money for their sim-related products. Twallan has been a game saver for me with his Overwatch and Master Controller mod. I don't understand why it has to be necessary tho.
    I can't totally boycott because of Crysis 2 being released next month.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Reachsims wrote:
    Candyhearts, thank you very much for taking the time to share this information. I've been meaning to post this for a long time and I just never got around to it. This solution has worked for many people to fix this dress.

You're welcome! :) I was very happy to find a solution and knew a lot of people would be happy to hear about it as well.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Zolt65 wrote:

It is. I really did hope that EA would at least say something so that people who purchased it would have reassurance that, in time, the error would be fixed but obviously people didn't want to wait and took matters into their own hands.

I honestly have to say that some of the people who design content for this game out of their own choosing are more skilled than the company.

It's not an insult to EA as a whole, because it's only one division that works on The Sims, but it's sad that so little contact is made with consumers. On an official forum nonetheless!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Agreed. And we know they review these posts or else why would people get banned?
    By the way--one of my bestest friends, xboxsg was kind enough to gift me the infamous Flute Forward dress. I appreciate that you posted a fix!
    But as far as EA goes, I stopped posting regarding the various problems people are experiencing. There are definately several common glitches everybody shares, whether they know it or not but game crashing and graphics problems are most likely due to operating system problems and/or hardware. Why and how can I say this? Because these problems are not consistant between all users. The Sims 3 software code is the same for everybody out of the box. The variable is our individual pc's. Just my opinion which I believe is shared by a few and my 2 cents.
    I'll go back to lurking now but I would like to wish everybody reading this a nice, safe weekend!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    GWDodd wrote:
    Agreed. And we know they review these posts or else why would people get banned?
    By the way--one of my bestest friends, xboxsg was kind enough to gift me the infamous Flute Forward dress. I appreciate that you posted a fix!
    But as far as EA goes, I stopped posting regarding the various problems people are experiencing. There are definitely several common glitches everybody shares, whether they know it or not but game crashing and graphics problems are most likely due to operating system problems and/or hardware. Why and how can I say this? Because these problems are not consistent between all users. The Sims 3 software code is the same for everybody out of the box. The variable is our individual pc's. Just my opinion which I believe is shared by a few and my 2 cents.
    I'll go back to lurking now but I would like to wish everybody reading this a nice, safe weekend!

Enjoy the dress!

Let's keep the rest of this thread quiet, hmm? We don't want any drama. ;)

Have a good weekend too! :)

• Options
    edited February 2011
    Sorry for going off topic.
    Thanx again for posting the fix and be careful out there!
  • Options
    Banky007Banky007 Posts: 3,545 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Hey guys,

So I was on the forums and saw a few of you were having issues with the Flute dress from The Store. I was gifted it, and it showed up black in my launcher so I knew it was going to perform the missing leg trick in game.

Well, after some online investigating, I found a solution! It's worked for others, and for me, so hopefully it can work for you to!

First, go to this page and save the program. It's called the Compressorizor Redux. http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=473

Once you have the folder saved, open it up and click the "Compressorizor Application."

Leaving that open, to make things simpler, head over to your downloads folder and grab the Flute dress and drag it to your desktop. The file name in your downloads folder will be afBodyClassDressCocktail

Now with that on your desktop, click "Add Files" in Compressorizor and select "Desktop" the file will show. Now, you have to "decrapify" the file. (yes, that is actually what they call it.)

Select "decrapify" and after getting the success message, click OK and X out of the application. Place the Flute dress file back into your downloads folder, and then open the launcher.

Hopefully it works and you guys can get back to wearing it in game! My Sim currently has it on and it's beautiful! Definitely one of my faves. :)

I'm having a bit of trouble with this :( WHen i open up the S3rc.exe a black screen pops up and then disappears.. it doesn't ask me to locate anything..
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Banky007 wrote:
    Hey guys,

I'm having a bit of trouble with this :( WHen i open up the S3rc.exe a black screen pops up and then disappears.. it doesn't ask me to locate anything..

I made that mistake the first time. Don't click "S3rc.exe"

Select "ComprezzorizorRedux.exe" It's the third option from the top.

G3Fps.png

Hope this helps!

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited February 2011
    This thread might get booted. The Compressor Redux is a program used to "decrapify" sims3packs so that store items will install via laucher, even if they aren't purchased from the store.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    This thread might get booted. The Compressor Redux is a program used to "decrapify" sims3packs so that store items will install via laucher, even if they aren't purchased from the store.

Hmm, well even if that is the case, I'm not trying to promote any sort of illegal activity. It's just a solution I found through Google.

Whatever people do with the program outside of The Sims 3 forums is their business, but this is just a solution for something to use with an official Sims3Pack from The Store.
  • Options
    Banky007Banky007 Posts: 3,545 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Banky007 wrote:
    Hey guys,

G3Fps.png

Hope this helps!

when I open up the .rar thing It only had the S3rc.exe and the decrapify.exe where exactly would i find the Compressorizor Redux?
  • Options
    lmkrivcherlmkrivcher Posts: 509 Member
    edited February 2011
    Thanks so much for posting this!
    Happy Simming :-)
    Simming since 2000 (whew!) <3
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Banky007 wrote:
    Banky007 wrote:
    Hey guys,

G3Fps.png

Hope this helps!

when I open up the .rar thing It only had the S3rc.exe and the decrapify.exe where exactly would i find the Compressorizor Redux?

And you clicked the file that says "CompressorizorRedux1.0?"
  • Options
    FlashfighterFlashfighter Posts: 905
    edited February 2011
    Took a couple of trys, but I was doing it wrong.

But it worked!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Took a couple of trys, but I was doing it wrong.

But it worked!

Awesome! :mrgreen: Enjoy!!

Can you say what you were doing wrong just so I can add that to my main post?
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    lmkrivcher wrote:
    Thanks so much for posting this!
    Happy Simming :-)

You're welcome.

And you too! :D
  • Options
    Alandp1881Alandp1881 Posts: 21
    edited March 2011
    Zolt65 wrote:

I couldn't agree more. I no longer support them I don't care how enticing a game, or exp, or stuff pack looks, I know now it will have a million broken things or things yet to be broken and they don't care and won't fix anything- (or maybe it might just be they're too stupid- which is what I'm starting to lean towards, for they must know with such shady buisness mannerisms they'll lose customers uinless they're so arrogant they think we'll keep buying their crappy broken, buggy stuff)they just want our money! They only seem to fix things that aren't even important! :evil:
  • Options
    BabydollRochelleBabydollRochelle Posts: 232
    edited March 2011
    Thanks so much for this - I love this dress and was so frustrated that it wouldn't show up in my game!
  • Options
    4thefunofit44thefunofit4 Posts: 3,032 Member
    edited March 2011
    Thanks for the info. I can finally use that dress again. It's one of my favorites.