Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PLEASE Fix the Forum Search - PRETTY PLEASE??

Ugh! Please fix the forum search. I am so frustrated with it not working!

Comments

• Options
    EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited February 2011
    yeah its driving me crazy.
    Sig.png
  • Options
    brainybeebrainybee Posts: 1,123 Member
    edited February 2011
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one!
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited February 2011
    XDD it is a real pain but it's been broken since day one so that probably isn't going to change.
  • Options
    reni401reni401 Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited February 2011
    Darkslayer wrote:
    XDD it is a real pain but it's been broken since day one so that probably isn't going to change.

Since day one? Right up until the last forum update I was using search without issue. Now it only comes up with a 404 error. Are you talking about a particular element of the search functionality that wasn't working for you, or the forum as a whole, as I am pretty sure that the original poster was referring to the complete failure of the search function that began last week.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,398 Member
    edited February 2011
    I agree as well on the search feature fix as well as all the other bugs on this site. I can't even get to my simpage. All I see is Liam. :(
  • Options
    CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited February 2011
    As bad as the search function was, it really sucks to not have one at all. C'mon, EA!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    CuddlyBun wrote:
    As bad as the search function was, it really sucks to not have one at all. C'mon, EA!

Agreed. It generally only provided results from within a certain timeframe, dropping off other results... and this was the least annoying of its issues. Still, it worked at a basic level for recent threads.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited February 2011
    Ahh right. I wasn't aware it had gotten worse. The search feature has always kind of failed to bring up the right threads. It'll pull up the odd one but the others weren't related to what I was searching for.

I don't use search now, so I wasn't aware it had broken completely.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It is really frustrating, especially when I don't want to bother other simmers with simple questions that I KNOW I can find by doing a quick search. For example, there have been several questions recently on GD about removing bad CC. I wanted to refer people to some good already existing threads on this topic, and could have easily done this with a quick search.
  • Options
    simsdivagirlchicksimsdivagirlchick Posts: 2,298 Member
    edited February 2011
    AT first when the search bar worked, I could not change my preferences and keep seeing the dishwasher lady, and now that that my preferences work since the last maintainance, the search bar does not work anymore.
    -____-
  • Options
    Louis_The_XIIILouis_The_XIII Posts: 974 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I have been using this: http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=002745393358801572890:mdvwm1oqeqi

It is Walden95's Forum Search Beta. Works like a charm.
  • Options
    Oliviafrost1Oliviafrost1 Posts: 4,808 Member
    edited February 2011
    Same, I get that dishwasher baby. I don't find it amusing at all.. EA doesn't think that were all Teens or older so we won't find that funny. I'm 12, I don't smirk at stupid stuff like that! XD Please get it fixed, it's a right pain
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Thanks, Louis_The_XIII. I'll give it a go. I do think that people need to keep posting on this thread so that eventually EA will see it :D We should not have to go elsewhere to find a solution.
  • Options
    KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    edited February 2011
    Yup it's really starting to get annoying. I just came on to search something and then i remembered it wasn't working :evil:
  • Options
    Louis_The_XIIILouis_The_XIII Posts: 974 New Member
    edited February 2011
    brainybee wrote:
    Thanks, Louis_The_XIII. I'll give it a go. I do think that people need to keep posting on this thread so that eventually EA will see it :D We should not have to go elsewhere to find a solution.

You are welcome. I only recently registered my Base Game to use up the sim points, and I rely on the forum search to answer any questions I may have. (I mostly lurk) It has worked for me very well so I wanted to let everyone know there is indeed a way to search the forums.

I'm starting to wonder how those who are not affiliated with EA have found fixes for game issues, site issues etc, yet the company itself cannot fix them. :hunf:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I know, really!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Aaaand Search is fixed. Thank goodness. Hopefully they will make it a LITTLE more full featured; but, for now, a working search is still a big plus to a non-working search.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Thanks for the news reni401, I'm glad to hear it :)