Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deflecting Scandal While Abroad?

My five-star celebrity Sim stayed in the base camp at Champs Les Sims while on his honeymoon; this was a completely un-modified base camp as provided by the WA installation, not one modified by myself post-install. As couples often do while travelling together, my Sim WooHooed with his new spouse in the privacy of their chosen bedroom suite. Who wouldn't, right?

:shock: However, I thought it odd at the time Paparazzi were wandering in and out of their boudoir, taking copious notes and photos of everything leading up to the actual act of WooHooing, at which point they had the decency to leave the room. :oops: Not surprisingly, my Sim woke the following morning to find he had been disgraced and scandalized for a public WooHoo. No other WooHooing had taken place, publicly or otherwise, prior to this event.

:?: Sadly, it seems my Sim is unable to deflect or sue over this disgrace as 1) there was no 'City Hall' equivalent in Champs Les Sims, and 2) returning home from the vacation (which I had my Sims do at once) did not allow any Scandal-related interactions with the City Hall building back in their home town; there weren't any actions relating to the scandal available at all, not even grayed-out ones.

:cry: I'm not even sure my Sim would have been able to do anything about the scandal anyhow, as the game seems to think of the Base Camp as a public place. Surely this is due to a lack of foresight on the behavior of Paparazzi when World Adventures is also installed?

I wish my wealthy celebrity Sims had purchased a home abroad prior to travelling to Champs Les Sims, but they have not been often enough to unlock this option. I fear until then they will have to opt for separate bedrooms whenever they are on vacation. :? That's rather annoying.

Anyone else have this difficulty with their celebrity Sims?

*EDIT* Even weirder, I noticed upon their return home there is no longer an entry for the Public Disgrace in my celebrity Sim's Celebrity Journal; that value has reset to Zero. Odd ...

Comments

• Options
    xtianxxtianx Posts: 128 Member
    edited February 2011
    Really?? Nobody? Wow... the silence is deafening. :? *sigh* Oh, well.
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited February 2011
    I find that the numbers of times photographed changes depending where they are; there are different entries for all locations. :?
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,596 Member
    edited February 2011
    I've had my Celeb Sims publically disgraced when abroad. It was so scandalous, her Celeb boyfriend wouldn't even let her kiss him at the base camp anymore. :-O

She went around chatting up the other explorers in their camp and soon she was able to "dispell rumor". I thought that was why when she first got back to Bridgeport, her publicly disgraced number went back to zero and his didn't right off. :-( And here I thought I had it all figured it out. :-P

I do know that she was able to go to City Hall and fight the disgrace in court. Someone on these forums suggested your Sim first has to first speak with an NPC before going to City Hall to sue.

Next time it happens, you might give that a try. Whether that works or not, please come back and let us all know.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    xtianxxtianx Posts: 128 Member
    edited February 2011
    Galactic Gal, thanks for the tips - very helpful!! I'll report back if there are further developments. Nice to know I wasn't alone in having this occur.