Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Another Teeny Hint that Weather is Up Next...

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    QueenDivettaQueenDivetta Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited January 2011
    CK213 wrote:
    barisaxy wrote:
    Just because you don't like Seasons doesn't mean that it doesn't deserve to be its own EP.

Due to the required attention to detail, Seasons would be lackluster if it got combined with something else. Also there's so much that Seasons could add that people have been asking for - more interactions.

People make Seasons sound like it was just weather. It wasn't. It was gardening, fishing, juice making, snowball fights, water balloon fights, and snowman making, roller skating and ice skating, snow angel making, 6 new careers, clothes for winter and fall, garden clubs, catch butterflies and fireflies, leaf raking and composting, and game play boosts for each season.

We got greenhouses, poolsides, round pool corners, the Timle Tourneau pool game, play catch, the wishing well, the winter penguin, and Plant Sims.

However, as you can see, we already have some elements of Seasons already in TS3. We have 4 of the 6 careers. Gardening and fishing was a big part of that EP. I think Seasonal weather will be part of another EP and probably bring back things that make sense. I hope it's an EP that focuses on family life and adds more depth to child raising. It also better bring back the diving board and the pool slide.

Thank you very much for this. I played TS2 for a very long time but never bought any EPs, so I didn't know what all it offered. I assumed it was just decorative weather to spice things up a bit. While I still would have wanted that, I would have agreed that it needed to be combined with something else. However, if a weather related EP was to come out with as many options as this, I wouldn't mind it being on it's own.

On my behalf and that of others who may have been thinking the same thing, thank you :)
  • Options
    starling68starling68 Posts: 3,352 Member
    edited January 2011
    I really want Seasons - the weather AND all the family features that came with it!
    If they make that and Uni I'll be very happy! :D

I don't really care about Pets, but I know that a lot of people want them.
  • Options
    StrawberryBasketStrawberryBasket Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited January 2011
    doodlesam wrote:
    I certainly hope the next expansion pack is weather related. However I do fear that it will be rather lackluster. My main worry is that the developers will focus more on the cosmetic elements, rather than the gameplay. I'd hate for weather to just be decorational. The best part of Seasons(for me) wasn't directly the weather effects, but the actions and gameplay that went along with it. Snowball fights in the winter, pool games in the Summer etc. There's no use in adding weather, if all it's going to do is look pretty.

I'm hoping it will bring back the elements missing from the game, interactions and "fun" activities. More interactions and games for families. More fun, non mission/'level up' related objects(No skills!). Just simple, plain fun things for our sims to do. No ulterior motive, just objects and interactions for the sake of it!

This sums up my feelings on the subject.
  • Options
    Sunflower227Sunflower227 Posts: 3,644 Member
    edited January 2011
    Another thing I have noticed alot of my sims doing that I never remember them doing before is randomly sneezing!

I had wondered if this was a hint to a seasons EP as well. :?:
  • Options
    Island6Island6 Posts: 2,664 New Member
    edited January 2011
    CK213 wrote:
    barisaxy wrote:
    Just because you don't like Seasons doesn't mean that it doesn't deserve to be its own EP.

Due to the required attention to detail, Seasons would be lackluster if it got combined with something else. Also there's so much that Seasons could add that people have been asking for - more interactions.

People make Seasons sound like it was just weather. It wasn't. It was gardening, fishing, juice making, snowball fights, water balloon fights, and snowman making, roller skating and ice skating, snow angel making, 6 new careers, clothes for winter and fall, garden clubs, catch butterflies and fireflies, leaf raking and composting, and game play boosts for each season.

We got greenhouses, poolsides, round pool corners, the Timle Tourneau pool game, play catch, the wishing well, the winter penguin, and Plant Sims.

However, as you can see, we already have some elements of Seasons already in TS3. We have 4 of the 6 careers. Gardening and fishing was a big part of that EP. I think Seasonal weather will be part of another EP and probably bring back things that make sense. I hope it's an EP that focuses on family life and adds more depth to child raising. It also better bring back the diving board and the pool slide.

I'd forgotten about the penguin. That really surprised me the first time :]
  • Options
    MissChatterboxMissChatterbox Posts: 4,277 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Chilly (from The Sims 3: Ambitions) – lasts for 2 hours and has a negative 15 mood effect. Your Sim will receive this moodlet when they sit on a sculpture made out of ice.

THe banana one appears after using the bubble bar for an extended period of time.
  • Options
    GothicDuckGothicDuck Posts: 406 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I absolutely loved Seasons, but what I'd like to see is the return of Makin' Magic, or something similar. Makin' Magic and On Holiday were my favourite EPs for the Sims.
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited January 2011
    ive only seen that moodlet once and the sim had the hate the out doors trait
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    dancinkatydancinkaty Posts: 42
    edited January 2011
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet here either but if you look in the Stuff Packs EA is also making Outdoor Living which I think is also a huge hinter that weather is coming back, I never got Seasons because my old computer couldn't handle it, but I really would like it for Sims 3.
  • Options
    KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    edited January 2011
    CK213 wrote:
    barisaxy wrote:

Amen! this is what i want too
  • Options
    N3mb3rN3mb3r Posts: 2,432
    edited January 2011
    I hope they did with what they did with TS2
    different seasons bring new things :P

I also think they need to undo these rabbitholes
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited January 2011
    I agree with starling68!

Stupid forums not working!!!arrrgh! that's better!, I've let my steam out for the day!

:):):)
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited January 2011
    Karenn wrote:
    CK213 wrote:
    barisaxy wrote:

Amen! this is what i want too

I agree also!:)
  • Options
    StittleStittle Posts: 925 New Member
    edited January 2011
    FINALY! people who agree that seasons/weather would be a bad idea for the main theme of an EP. They should put it withs omething else, like pets/animals.
  • Options
    SimGuy777SimGuy777 Posts: 1,672 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I wish they stop cramming things into the EP, and start using two CDs for installing the game. Each EP they have done so far have felt incomplete and linear. We need to get back to the family things and not the single life.