Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP with Corrupt CC

hi simmers, iv just downloaded my first ever sim off the exchange by cochos.

As this was my first sim, i remembered to look for bad cc in my installed content folder. I found a lot of cc, one being the Shymoo.com file that causes problems with the game.

I went through and uninstalled everything from my list that isnt store brought but i heard that the bad files are still in your game unless you delete them from DCBackuo and DCCache.

I went into these folders and got totally lost :S
Can anyone tell me what i should be looking for in there?
I really dont want my game to ruin so pleassssse help me

Comments

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited January 2011
    Check this thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/234888.page for info on bad cc

The files in DCBackup do nothing in your game, they just clutter your computer. The DCCache folder IS in fact what you see in your launcher in installed content. If you uninstalled everything it's not in your game anymore. You might need to delete some cache files but that's all.

Removing your cache files: http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files

Info on the folders: http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_User_Folders_Explained
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    NESSAROURKENESSAROURKE Posts: 572 Member
    edited January 2011
    Thanks for replying so quickly Crinrict.

I followed that thread and downloaded Dashboard.

I dont know which files were the bad ones.
    If i clear them all will it remove anything from my game such as mods or store brought items?
  • Options
    florida1cowboyflorida1cowboy Posts: 1,403 New Member
    edited January 2011
    No, have it scan your MOD the Packages section in the folder. Then you can filter select for bad CC sims 2 CC conflicting CC duplicate CC, etc. It's a SWEET tool. ^^ Good luck :) Happy SIMMING! :) ^^
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited January 2011
    start here
    http://crinrict.blogspot.com/2010/07/bad-cc-kategorisiert-fur-naked-liste.html

then
    http://crinrict.blogspot.com/search/label/Bad CC

notice the files names like:
    Night Time Day Time Everyday Shoes
    0x53c8a792708a8503c3af11001586b1b0.package

simply copy the file name then use the Search on your computer and it will show if the file is anywhere in your computer, then click and delete any instances of that file...if no file shows then you are ok and dont have that file

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    NESSAROURKENESSAROURKE Posts: 572 Member
    edited January 2011
    Thanks guys, i think it was just the shymoo but iv done everything to make sure :)
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited January 2011
    I'm not regularly browsing this forum. If you have more troubles, please post in my bad cc thread, so I see it.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited January 2011
    Hi Nessarourke,

I've posted many times about bad custom content (or cc for short), specifically cc that causes babies/toddlers to have very bad glitches.

One thing to keep in mind if you are going to download Sims from the Exchange (or even other sites,) is that they can come with clothing/accessories that is corrupt. For example, if a shirt that was meant for a young adult Sim was coded incorrectly when it was created, and you download it, it may end up in the Toddler section of Create a Sim.

When this happens, toddlers can appear as very strange-looking "monsters" when wearing this clothing. Babies may look like giant poles!! :shock:

Here is a list of some commonly-known bad cc that may come from Sims on the Exchange. You may want to bookmark this page so that you know what to look for. If you see any of this in the "Installed Content" section of your Launcher, be sure to place a checkmark next to it, and choose "Uninstall."

* New CAS Project (has a picture of a vampire woman on a t-shirt by it)

* Night time and day time every day shoes (picture of big lace-up boots)

* shymoo (Picture of a pink top/jeans. This is definitely a bad one from what I've seen)

* anything with .nkd by it (in my case, this was a set of black legs that said "bottom - nkd".)

* anything that says Metallica or metallic

* shymoo.com

* toddler_tee (mine had "milk" written on it)

- collectionblondes (Has a picture of a woman with a black bikini top and bottom.)

After downloading custom-created Sims, I would also recommend you open up Create a Sim and look thru Toddler clothing, accessories, etc.

Look for things that are meant to be for older Sims, but are appearing in this section. Once you find them, make a note of what they look like.

P.S.
    To get rid of the baby/toddler glitches, I did not have to delete anything from the DCBackup or Cache folders. I just uninstalled everything from the list above.

Now locate them in Installed Content, and choose "Uninstall."

Hope this helps you! :-)

P.S.
    I did not have to delete anything from the backup or cache folders to get rid of the baby/toddler glitches I had... I just uninstalled everything mentioned in the list above.
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO