Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Smokytopaz Builds - The Beachcomber

This is the first house for Fidlers challenge. I have done two versions and you may choose either. There is one which contains cc, available on 4 share and the one on the exchange is unfurnished but otherwise finished. I cannot upload with cc even though both versions are custard checked and clean. You could use the pictures of the finished one as a decorating guide!

2ep4l76.jpg

Outside living
24gw1lh.jpg

Evening can be chilly
33nazcm.jpg

Kitchen and working area
2wceix4.jpg

Bedroom
34yd460.jpg

slide show
http://www.slide.com/r/4le5Mbv07j-yQq2sFgRdf_Wp3XifAPvx?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

full cc version
http://www.4shared.com/file/Nc3A5dg3/The_Beachcomber.html

no cc, unfurnished -
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3656586#

Right whats next?

Comments

• Options
    SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited January 2011
    How long does it take before it shows on the exchange nowadays? :roll:
  • Options
    misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    edited January 2011
    Mine seem to show right after I have uploaded them with the launcher.

Also, the house looks fab! I finished my Beach Bum house the other day as well, and will be adding it to my build thread soon, too. I love the decor, especially the outdoor space. Great job!
  • Options
    judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited January 2011
    :mrgreen: Fantastic Smoky!! Ahhhh now, if anyone needs me- I'll be taking a nice long break at a warm beach... hahaha cause, no matter how warm it gets here, the water is still always cold!! :roll:
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited January 2011
    8) Wow awesome beach home, so colorful and inviting Smoky...I really love your outdoor spaces most :wink: Great job and rec'd 8)

@Judy, you don't happen to be in Norway do ya? lol :P
    hugs, Terry
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    ChemicalwibsChemicalwibs Posts: 6,345 Member
    edited January 2011
    Gorgeous - rec'd :wink: I wish I could escape all this rain and go to a place like that :D
    wibsandthesims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    orisisroseorisisrose Posts: 1,212 Member
    edited January 2011
    Great beach house. Wish I was at a beach. Rec'd

Rose
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited January 2011
    Stunning beach house Smoky! :shock: That covered patio area looks so lovely! Makes me long for summer! :P Great job! Left a well deserved recommendation for your build. Good luck with the challenge! :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Thank you all very much for the kind words and recs...... pina colada anyone?
  • Options
    paogaepaogae Posts: 1,241 Member
    edited January 2011
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited January 2011
    Fun build, Smoky! For some reason it really says Australia to me. I like the casual, open air feel and the landscape is perfectly suited..so lush. Lovely work. :D
  • Options
    JudilandJudiland Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited January 2011
    :-) oh, just lovely! Dl & rec, and thank you So much for the No cc version! 8) Judi.
  • Options
    rossbobsrossbobs Posts: 265 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Wow SmokyTopaz another great build! Your use of coulors make the house feel like a beach house. I also like your use of furniture. The kitchen stands out because it is a type of kitchen you would expect to see in a beach home. You have made this a really good beach home!
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited January 2011
    Oops wrong thread LOL.

Hi Smoky great build :)

Starby
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Once again, I am amazed at all the nice compliments, thank you so much.... seems you like unfurnished! But you can get the fully equipped version if you want all the cc etc!
  • Options
    hmsdrco2001hmsdrco2001 Posts: 818 Member
    edited January 2011
    Beachcomber looks amazing. I'd love to live/visit there. The open air/beachy feeling is really cool, and the decor is perfect. It reminds me of my birthday vacation a month ago--our room was open to the outside and we had to use a squirt gun to keep the birds away when we were eating. :) Downloaded, recommended, and added to my favorites. Hope you're having a great weekend.

Take care,
    Bill
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Hi Bill, I think the lot was in retaliation for the dreary January weather.... I once lived on the beach and we spent most of our time on the covered terrace, only really going in to sleep. The downside was we only had sweet water for an hour a day. Hair washed in salt water does not look great! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the support!
  • Options
    Brighten11Brighten11 Posts: 423 New Member
    edited January 2011
    It's awesome! Would love to live there IRL. :) You also picked some really cool cc (love the bright rug). Rec'd the Exchange version.
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited January 2011
    Beautiful Smoky, it looks so tropical. I can feel the warmth oozing out of it :) Already rec'd.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Thank you Brighten11, I love the cc version but it will not load through the exchange, the exchange one is not furnished at all... thanks for the rec!

Hey Bluebellflora! I would love to be there right now, wondering if I should go for a splash in the sea or have another pina colada! Thankyou for the rec!
  • Options
    cbrock7cbrock7 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited January 2011
    Nice build, I want to live in it myself! :D
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited January 2011
    Hi Smoky! This just screams Bohemian to me. I really like the eclectic, laid back style. It's cozy and yet open which is the perfect combo for the beach. This is going in my Sunset Valley for sure. I'm going to dl both versions just in case. Dl and recommendation!
  • Options
    AllureAllure Posts: 773 New Member
    edited January 2011
    You never disappoint Smoky! This is such a beautiful build, lovin' the tropical atmosphere you've created. Rec'd! :D
  • Options
    XOX1XOX1 Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited January 2011

Wonderful build Smoky!

The organic textures are amazing! It really gives me a warm feeling on this cold winter night!

Masterful coloration, very pleasing to my eyes.

DLed & RECed the unfurnished version.

• Options
    susanna827susanna827 Posts: 3,010 Member
    edited January 2011
    Hi Smoky,
    what a lovely house!
    It reminds me Caribbeans houses,great job! :thumbup:
    Downloaded and recommended the unfurnished version :wink:
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    There was me thinking Beachcomber had now sunk without trace then you guys pop in!

cbrock.... thankyou
    Simeve, guess its just my bohemian soul - just put me on a beach and I will be happy forever!
    Hi Allure, thank you I am glad I never disappoint! Bet I do sometimes!
    XOX1 - nice to hear from you hope you are ok and just busy. Thankyou!
    Susanna827, hiya and gracias xxx