Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Getting Late Night tonight, what to expect?

Hey guys, I'm getting Late Night tonight and I was wondering what are some of the bugs/glitches to expect? (So I don't freak out thinking I'm the only one lol)

I did hear something about cars? Whats that all about? And any advice/tips? You can tell me some of the good things too if you want.

Thanks for any answers 8)

Also, should I update my patch? Right now I have 4.5.6.009001

Comments

• Options
    Nytwng9199Nytwng9199 Posts: 1,420 Member
    edited January 2011
    I'm not saying the game is the worst game ever, don't get me wrong. All I am saying is that I was disappointed in it. And I don't just mean the glitches. Although they certainly haven't helped any. I mean the whole game in its entirety. I can't think of a single redeeming item.... except maybe the female hairstyles (one or two of them anyway). But that's it. The celebroty aspect of the game is annoying, the vampires don't really DO anything, except get all blurry when they run somewhere fast :roll: or wear themselves out trying to read someone's mind. And don't get me started on the "bars". What a bust. I digress. You asked for opinions and I am giving you mine: Expect to be disappointed.
  • Options
    CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited January 2011
    The newest patch and Late Night like to make sims carry around a lot of cars. The cars accumulate over time, causing massive lag. The only current fix is a mod called Overwatch.

Bridgeport has routing issues, which also causes a lot of lag.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/60/322811.page#4474117
  • Options
    AssimuloAssimulo Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited January 2011
    I haven't had any problems, yet. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    phantomxlovephantomxlove Posts: 130 New Member
    edited January 2011
    The only problem I had with latenight was one time an elevator got stuck as my sim was trying to leave the building, but it was okay once I reset them.

Another thing is the bars are sometimes pretty empty (but there is probably a good reason for that) granted most of the time my sim only was able to get to the bar was around 12 (2 hours before closing)

I really love the apartment buildings. Not much if you are planning on making a huge family. The scenery is quite beautiful. I like how you can get invited to parties now (and have the options to crash them) The vampires are cool and I don't really mind the vampires.

I really liked Nightlife.
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited January 2011
    the only pluses are the hottubs , the mixologist and some new hair styles.as the vamps dont really act right and the celeb thing is to easy . The bad things are all the glitches that come with the patch.
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,536 Member
    edited January 2011
    The details of the game play bother me. I'm not having serious problems with glitches so far. Sims do get stuck in elevators once in a while. I don't like how celebrity works at all and the townie parties feel like an extreme after thought. I also wish at least two households could occupy an apartment building.

Nevertheless, it's a good EP to have. The last patch seems to have fixed the car flooding sims inventories issue. I have sims in my bars, and the objects are great. I love the objects for special effects in the clubs. I think EA really needs to get more player feedback in their games. Not just about the concept, but how the game actually plays. And don't invite any of these polite people who are just happy to be invited and don't want to say anything negative.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited January 2011
    Expect very camp dancing in clubs.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    xXGhostXxxXGhostXx Posts: 161 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Thanks for all of your answers you guys. I appreciate all of your opinions (pros and cons), that's what I was looking for. Now I think I understand the car thing. I have that problem already and I haven't even bought Late Night yet, so it must be the patch. I have 4.5.6 like I said before. I just remembered that I noticed in one of my sims inventories that they had like 4 Sloppy Jaloppies or whatever lol. I just deleted them though.

Thanks for your inputs :wink: