Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA, Please Bring Back Slow Dancing to Sims 3!

I would love to see EA bring back the "Slow Dance" option for Sims 3, like they had in Sims 2. It was so romantic! :wink:

Also, if your Sim saves up 30,000 reward points to buy a Body Sculptor device, it should take you to CAS where you can REALLY sculpt their body to your preference.

EA, are you listening? :idea:

Comments

• Options
    simo7matesimo7mate Posts: 680
    edited January 2011
    I'm not satisfied with Late Night because it completely shun out dancing and restarunts are STILL rabbitholes. I'm praying they make a Dating Expansion pack (Like Hot Date for Sims 1* :) )

*edited from 3
  • Options
    LadyDarkSorrowLadyDarkSorrow Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited January 2011
    those ideas would bring the excitement back and more enjoyable to play
  • Options
    EgorowskiEgorowski Posts: 152 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Yes - really want slow dancing back and dating!

http://thejanelegacy.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    edited January 2011
    I agree i was so disapointed that slowdance was not included in LateNight.
  • Options
    LadyDarkSorrowLadyDarkSorrow Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited January 2011
    signed !! bring back slow dancing and a Body Sculptor device :evil:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2011
    Agreed. The current dances don't look right at weddings.
  • Options
    juelle_loujuelle_lou Posts: 580 Member
    edited January 2011
    I couldn't agree with you more Cee618!

Can't believe they didn't add it to Late Night, they should've put Slow Dance under the Romantic interactions.
    We need the Slow Dance!

And more dating interactions, it all gets very repetitive at the moment.
  • Options
    Stephanie812Stephanie812 Posts: 857 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I'd LOVE a dating EP!!! Slow dancing is soo romantic and I can't believe they didn't add it in LN... :p

The same interactions get tedious and for those who like to write stories (like me) it would add better storylines/pictures
  • Options
    BurginbabeBurginbabe Posts: 178 Member
    edited January 2011
    I totally agree with slow dancing! Also, it would be nice if your sims had the option to renew their vows if they wanted... My sim married a townie from Egypt, but since I had to make it happen that day he was visiting, I didn't get a big ceremony... Always regretted that, and ended up moving on to a different family.
    I like the body sculpter idea, but I think that we could even just open up the medical career a bit more to include plastic surgeons. You know like when you get to level 7 of the med career, you decide which path you want to take... That way, you could save your simolians and visit the hospital for plastic surgery which would take you to the full version of CAS... Those are my thoughts anyway
  • Options
    SUGACANE75SUGACANE75 Posts: 226 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Does LN have surprised engagement? I miss taking my Sims out to eat and getting them engaged......That was like awwwww....
  • Options
    samsonkflaisamsonkflai Posts: 883 New Member
    edited January 2011
    SUGACANE75 wrote:
    Does LN have surprised engagement? I miss taking my Sims out to eat and getting them engaged......That was like awwwww....

sadly no they did not put it in argh... :evil:

but yeah slow dancing should have come back with late night. i mean it seems weird doing "club dancing" at the Prosper Room with classical music. :lol::lol:
  • Options
    chloejones92chloejones92 Posts: 913 Member
    edited January 2011
    I totally agree! I would love it if they brought back slow dancing and some more romantic interactions. :D
    My origin- chloejones92
    laddd44.gif
  • Options
    Cee618Cee618 Posts: 45 Member
    edited January 2011
    I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one who misses slow dancing! My female Sim just married a sexy vampire at a cool Gothic wedding and I wanted them to slow dance after their vows. 8)

@Burginbabe: I LOVE the plastic surgery idea, too, that would be great!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Not only do they need the slowdance to return for couples they need one for children and family members.

Children could slow dance with each other in the sims 2 apartment life thou it was called something different. It was called the classic dance and looked similar to the slow dance.

Also parents should be able to slow dance with their teens. Slow dancing doesn't always have to mean a couples thing. For parents and teens they could call this the classic dance. Example would be the father has the first dance with his daughter at the prom.

I also agree about the body sculpture and hospital idea. We need a way to do plastic surgury on in game born sims that don't turn out right. Also they need to take advantage of the new breast and muscle sliders. I think sims should be able to have breast reductions or get bigger ones either with the body sculpture reward or at the hospital. This would also help with the premades.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Cee618 wrote:
    I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one who misses slow dancing! My female Sim just married a sexy vampire at a cool Gothic wedding and I wanted them to slow dance after their vows. 8)

Thanks Cee! You're a gem! Speaking of weddings, I bought the romanza extravaganza collection at the store, and while I love the dresses, the decor was a total dissapointment!! None of the decors colors could be changed, so my sim was forced to have a pink and white wedding, while her dress had hints of turqoiuse in it... And none of the objects are interactable! Totally a rip off!
  • Options
    menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited January 2011
    I really miss slow dancing. I was hoping it would come with late night :( Oh well.
    *Signed*
    Give us our slow dancing back!
  • Options
    organgrinder20porgangrinder20p Posts: 479 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Yes! I want to see a ballroom full of sims slow dancing!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Burginbabe wrote:
    Cee618 wrote:

Thanks Cee! You're a gem! Speaking of weddings, I bought the romanza extravaganza collection at the store, and while I love the dresses, the decor was a total dissapointment!! None of the decors colors could be changed, so my sim was forced to have a pink and white wedding, while her dress had hints of turqoiuse in it... And none of the objects are interactable! Totally a rip off!

And not only that they didn't add a wedding arch either.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Exactly! I built this whole wedding chapel with a platform for my sims to get married on, and then the whole party ended up on that platform instead of in their seats watching! ugh! So un-romantic!! Also, with the slow dancing, my sims were totally club dancing to s-l-o-w music... looked really stupid, argh
  • Options
    cocosam966cocosam966 Posts: 190 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I agree with this, and I also wish they'd make more dance moves for sims dancing alone; the ones currently look awkward and weird and I've never seen one person in my entire life dance like that.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Burginbabe wrote:
    Exactly! I built this whole wedding chapel with a platform for my sims to get married on, and then the whole party ended up on that platform instead of in their seats watching! ugh! So un-romantic!! Also, with the slow dancing, my sims were totally club dancing to s-l-o-w music... looked really stupid, argh

Does it have any cc if not would you mind uploading it? I'm looking for a church for weddings and I'm too lazy to build one myself.
  • Options
    Becka_1990Becka_1990 Posts: 202 Member
    edited May 2011
    I agree the wedding scenario's really annoy me now. No arches, no wedding cake to cut and no slow dance! No limo to the honeymoon either.
    Seems to me EA have removed loads of basic interactions that made sims more enjoyable. For the price we pay for them too there should be more in the base game and expansions.
    I know pets are on the way but what about options of university, weather seasons, swimming in the sea and sunbathing...I could go on theres sooooooo much missing :(
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Actually Gen does have a wedding arch and cake but no slowdancing. Also dating is back in Gen but it's watered down.
  • Options
    goofhead1goofhead1 Posts: 7,282 New Member
    edited December 2011
    A forum like this deserves to be bumped up again! I agree we need slow dancing
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited December 2011
    goofhead1 wrote:
    A forum like this deserves to be bumped up again! I agree we need slow dancing

It's a thread, not a forum.

But, yeah, slow dancing does need to come back.