Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

new guy needs help with hot tubs and marriage in the sims

hello, just picked up the sims 3 a few months ago and while its not the first sims game i have played it is the first one i have played on a computer. anyways one of the problems i have been having is that my sims keep wishing for a hot tub but i cant seem to find a single one in buy mode. Plus i cant seem to figure out how you get two sims to marry without having to create the family from scratch and have them married from the get go. I have two sims who have been romantic interests for a long time and i haven't seen a single propose option in forever. So how do you get a hot tub and what do you have to do in order to bring up the propose option?

Comments

• Options
    Lubu212Lubu212 Posts: 143
    edited January 2011
    Hi there!

In answer to the hot tub problem, it's a glitch in the latest patch. Hot Tubs are only in the Late Night expansion, but due to the latest patch, your sims will wish for it EVEN IF you don't have that expansion. All you can do is right-click it away and ignore it.

As for marriage, you have to spam romantic interactions. You build a relationship, spam some romantic interactions, until you get the option to confess attraction. From there it's pretty much rinse and repeat, although you may need to build your relationship further unless you have the flirty trait.

Spam romantic stuff, purpose going steady. From there, you can purpose marriage. You normally need to spam romantic stuff until the message above says that they find you irresistible. Once you purpose marriage, you can either throw a wedding party with your phone, or find the Private Wedding interaction on him/her and select that.
  • Options
    8BitWasteland8BitWasteland Posts: 3
    edited January 2011
    wow that must be a lot of spaming. man i knew i should have bought late night with the $60 i had from that gift card.