May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

RANDOM GIFT-GIVING :)

Comments

• Options
    Gomar6Gomar6 Posts: 1,072 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Yep. Delphy's Dashboard is a lifesaver. It will show you the bad parts of the item and you can just unclick them. I can't think of where the forum link may be. It has the step by step.

I shall go look for it.
  • Options
    tori104tori104 Posts: 7,561 Member
    edited January 2011
    thankyou! have fun with cc!
    double post
  • Options
    Gomar6Gomar6 Posts: 1,072 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Here's how to use it
    http://glitzyangel-sim.blogspot.com/2010/05/custard-tool-by-delphy.html

Here is where to get it
    http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=390235

These will help you keep your game clean and smooth!!
  • Options
    nazaruthnazaruth Posts: 142 Member
    edited January 2011
    Thankyou for all the advice on this topic, I will definitely be more wary of tsr, but I imagine its the same with any sims site...there are going to be creators of bad cc. Reachsims...im not sure how that will work but i would love to have a look at your download history.
  • Options
    AlexBentleyAlexBentley Posts: 92
    edited January 2011
    Gah, pretty much everything has been said.

Happy Simming though :D
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited January 2011
    MSladyTSO wrote:
    And ReachSims, I'd love to see your list too. Some day when I feel a lot more educated on the subject I might try CC again. Thank you :)

I'll be happy to put a list together in a few days. Please remind me, MSLady, because my schedule is a little tight. Here are a few favorites as a teaser:

At TSR, Pilar (from Portugal, I believe) introduces this child's bedroom set on November 3rd of last year, three months before we got our Alice in Wonderland set: Pilar's Bedroom Cartoon.

At Mod The Sims, one of my favorite builders is Ninotchka who created this beauty, Steampunk Ahoy! and this favorite The Railway Shack - No CC and another favorite Carl's Cajun Catfish Cookout, this last one designed especially for Twinbrook. Lest you think you cannot trust other sites, Ninotchka is known as ninanuiten on this very website here and you'll find some of her creations right here, as well. Nina hails from Australia.

Another favorite creator at Mod The Sims is Lisen801 and you'll find many of her creations at that link. I believe she is French.

So, there are three outstanding creators in the field, one builder and two who are primarily meshers/modders.

These three are only three of the reasons I use CC in my game. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    brainybeebrainybee Posts: 1,123 Member
    edited January 2011
    Hi nazaruth! I'm actually going the other way :) I have been playing the sims forever and have had ridiculous amounts of cc in my game. I just deleted ALL of it and have decided to do EA content only (I've gotten way too much bad cc that crashed my game and I couldn't find the source). I wish I could have traded you my TSR membership for your simpoints :lol: I think the content Shino+KCR on TSR makes is beautiful, realistic, and looks great in-game. I don't believe I've had bad content from them. If you are still giving your points away, feel free to gift me anything from the sets I have on my wishlist (your choice). I'm fairly new to the Sims Community here and don't have a lot of extra EA store stuff. I am anxious to get some more so I can enter a couple of contests I have my eye on :shock:.
  • Options
    Sandy0038Sandy0038 Posts: 1,430 Member
    edited January 2011
    i think u have to go to simmers wishlist and gift items on their lists. that is very nice of you.
  • Options
    BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,979 Member
    edited January 2011
    It's really generous giving gifts :)
    CC is lovely, but be careful m'kay? :mrgreen: Thers stuff out there that might destory your game o__O (I tried that before...ugh)
  • Options
    StorixStorix Posts: 5,093
    edited January 2011
    I will try to help you. You must go to the another person wishlist and click on the GIFT THIS ITEM button. And that is all. Other person will get a gift really fast.

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Storix

Instead of Storix you can put whatever name you want and you will open his or her wishlist.

Hope I helped a bit.
  • Options
    MSladyTSOMSladyTSO Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited January 2011
    Reachsims wrote:
    I'll be happy to put a list together in a few days. Please remind me, MSLady, because my schedule is a little tight.

Reachsim, Thank you very much for these - please don't worry about the rest - this is great! It's nothing I plan to use soon. Thanks again!
  • Options
    cutecandyandiecutecandyandie Posts: 1,080 Member
    edited January 2011
    One advise dont go overboard with cc I did and it slowed my game and cause it to crash and stuff, some good sites to go to I had no trouble with is Liana Sims 3 its has good amount of clothes very cute, and paysitesmustdie is another and poppy sims has maternity clothes and stuff. Anbuis does bunch of hair....hmm thats all I can think of for now
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    MSladyTSO wrote:
    Reachsims wrote:
    I'll be happy to put a list together in a few days. Please remind me, MSLady, because my schedule is a little tight.

Reachsim, Thank you very much for these - please don't worry about the rest - this is great! It's nothing I plan to use soon. Thanks again!

Okay. Just wanted to share a few favorites.

To everyone, for another example, the latest patch/LN broke several windows and doors. I contacted dgandy and another artist at TSR and that very same day, the windows were all fixed. A couple of us worked as testers with another artist, hudy777, at Mod The Sims and within the day, his broken windows were all fixed.

EA broke some of their own content, and here we are months later, still begging them to fix the Flute Forward dress and the Cellar Arch, just to name two items. If these creators can fix a broken window or door in a matter of a few hours, what's taking EA so long? :shock:
  • Options
    DeathNoteSimDeathNoteSim Posts: 4,544 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Be careful cause TSR is not fully safe.
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited January 2011
    nazaruth wrote:
    lol yeah i heard about that, i wouldnt dl anything as lame as that anyhow and tend to download off a handful of artists and rarely sets of anything.

you don't have to download the doll to get the doll, that's the whole problem...
  • Options
    Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited January 2011
    Good luck with the cc! I'm personally too afraid to put it in my game, so I stick purely to the store. It's nice of you to gift away your simpoints like this though!

P.S. You don't need to gift me :D
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited January 2011
    Just know what you have to look out for in CC and you'll be ok.

Check this thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/234888.page for info on what NOT to get.

Good luck.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    sashunya10sashunya10 Posts: 5,429 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I know I've posted before, but I just want to say that what your doing is totally awesome, keep up the awesome gifting!
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,843 Member
    edited January 2011
    Hi there,
    I just want to join the conversation by telling you about my favourite CC-site.
    It's rosesims. I've never had a problem with the content form this site. I like their hair, make up and accessoires very much.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Erja888 wrote:
    ... my favourite CC-site. It's rosesims. I've never had a problem with the content form this site. I like their hair, make up and accessoires very much.

Same here. No problem with Rosesims ever! My avatar's hair came from there and it was FREE!
  • Options
    imogerimoger Posts: 5,790 Member
    edited January 2011
    Why some of you think TSR contains mostly the bad creations which can crash the game?
    As far as I know, every custom content creator still uses TSR's tool to make stuff for the game, so you can get bad content from every other cc-site - just if you use only cc-patterns made with TSR-tool. So instead of choosing a "site" - find good and careful creators who you can trust, whom work you know well. But everybody can make mistakes, so you have to be very careful still.
    Sims3 don't "like' custom content, as the sims2 do.
  • Options
    PopomamoPopomamo Posts: 711 New Member
    edited January 2011
    lol... please gift me a hairstyle i dont have that much in my game :(

please ? http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Popomamo :mrgreen:

thanx :D
  • Options
    H0RTENSISH0RTENSIS Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited January 2011
    LOVE that knitwear on the front page of Rosesims and I do like the hair there.

MUSTN'T look, I get too tempted in my CC free game *grins*. I wish I did have CC sometimes as so much of it looks awesome... and I DID have loads of CC in Sims 1 (Persimon Grove stuff particularly) but vowed not to in TS3.

Have fun with it. I love looking at pictures created with CC content but following links like I did just then is very dangerous for me, I can't miss what I don't know about lol.
  • Options
    shelwassshelwass Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited January 2011
    One advise dont go overboard with cc I did and it slowed my game and cause it to crash and stuff, some good sites to go to I had no trouble with is Liana Sims 3 its has good amount of clothes very cute, and paysitesmustdie is another and poppy sims has maternity clothes and stuff. Anbuis does bunch of hair....hmm thats all I can think of for now

I love Liana Sims 3. :) I used to use a lot from Mod the Sims, but I'm having trouble getting .package files in my game now that I've switched to mac (don't know why). I use TSR also; I just started creating CC tattoos and uploading them there. :) Ironically, any time I got bad CC I got it by downloading things through the Exchange right here... :lol: :evil:

Oh, and a side note about TSR Workshop...you can use it to grab content that's normally hidden in CAS and make it show up regularly or change the category (so if you have a swimwear outfit you want in everyday clothes, you can clone it and make a copy that goes in everyday. :) ).