Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BlackSheba, please read!!!!

I wanted to thank you again for the generous birthday gift. I'm sorry that the store's loophole caused it to be a "double" purchase. I chatted with the EA live help desk, and here's what was said:
Scott: Hi, my name is Scott. How may I help you?
Scott: Are you there ?
KLorelei: A fellow simmer gifted me something I already own
KL: I'd like for their simpoints to be refunded to their account
KL: Hello...?
Scott: yes
Scott: Well purchase once made is final
Scott: So the sism points cannot be refunded .
Scott: sim*
KL: It's a double purchase, and it's due to a loophole in the store.
KL: I own each of the items in the set individually, all 16
KL: But since the set wasn't originally purchased as a whole, rather piece by piece, the store will allow a "double" purchase
KL: that's not right
Scott: Well you said the purchase has been made by some one else
KL: Yes
KL: BlackSheba1973
KL: But the items were paid for twice
Scott: then how you can say you paid twice for it ?
KL: if the store didn't have this particular loophole, she would have gotten the message that says I already own the item and wouldn't be able to gift it to me
KL: I didn't pay for it twice
KL: She paid for something I already own
KL: If the set had been purchased outright originally, she would have been prevented from being able to gift it to me as I said above.
KL: Since each item within it was bought individually, the store doesn't recognize that I own the "set", even though that's actually the case.
KL: Again, I'm not asking for a refund for myself. I am asking for a refund of simpoints to be made to BlackSheba1973.
KL: ...?
Scott: May I have the email id you use to play the game ?
KL: ****@*****.com
Scott: let me check

KL: ok
Scott: how many items you spend to purchase the item ?
Scott: is this your friends account ****@****.com ?

KL: I didn't purchase the items. The items in the set were gifted to me individually by various simmers over the past week via my wishlist. As of Wednesday
KL: I owned all the items in the set
KL: Today BlackSheba1973 purchased the set in it's entirety, essentially gifting me something I already own.
KL: To reiterate, BlackSheba1973 is to get the refund, not me
KL: The email account is mine
KL: I don't have BlackSheba1973's email.
Scott: May I have your friend account to check the purchase ?

KL: I don't have her email but here is a link to her sim page http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/blacksheba1973
Scott: well this way I cannot find her email
Scott: Even if I refund I need her account .
KL: Ok, so I can have her contact you herself and she'll be refunded her simpoints?
Scott: I will check the details and then decide what to do but in any case she need to contact us
KL: You can see by my purchase history that all the items were purchased/gifted individually first, and then the set was gifted by her to me today. So that verifies that her purchase was indeed a double purchase. I'll have her contact you and I'll make her aware of this conversation.
Scott: okay
Scott: Is there anything else I can assist you ?
KL: No, that's it, thank you.
Scott: you are welcome
Scott: Thank you for giving me an opportunity to assist you regarding your issue. You will be receiving a Survey shortly in your email. I will appreciate if you can take out some time and mention if I was of any help to you.
Scott:
Have a nice day !
Happy gaming!
Scott: Bye :)
Scott has disconnected.

So contact the live help people. They've checked my account and have verified that I was indeed gifted something I already owned, so they *should* refund your simpoints. As you can see from the transcript of the above conversation, you may have to explain things several times before they get exactly what you're trying to say. Just don't give up. It's not right that they double charge people accidentally like this. Let me know if there's anything else you need from me.

Comments

• Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited January 2011
    You are so sweet to do this hon and thanks. I'll get with them. You shouldn't be worrying about this though. You should be enjoying your birthday today. :D
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    KLoreleiKLorelei Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited January 2011
    Heh. I couldn't possibly enjoy it while a friend was being wronged and cheated! I had to do something, anything about it. But I'll relax now and let you finish it up on your end. Let me know what happens.

And thanks again for the birthday wishes. I feel so loved today! ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Options
    GWDoddGWDodd Posts: 945
    edited January 2011
    Hey you two--Sorry to hijack your thread, Elle, but I just wanted to wish you a very happy birthday and many more!
    Oh, and I LOVE your new avi! Very sweet!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Thanks GW! ♥ :mrgreen:
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited January 2011
    Hi hon. No worries. They gave me 2000 simpoints back. :D
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011