Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My queued Problems are Fixed

I can't say that this will help everyone but I thought it should be posted yet again for those with this problem to try out. When I tried downloading things it would get the red circle with the line acrossed it that said queued, 1kb. I tried everything that I could find on the forums here with little success until last night.

My isp has its own little software program that automatically sets my browser and internet settings when I use the net. I found that it was setting my connection to use a proxy server every time I opened my browser. I have to change this setting every session to get my downloads to work but heres what you can try.

Open Internet Explorer
Open the tools menu then select internet options
Under the Connections tab select your connection then Settings Uncheck the box that says Use a proxy server for this connection.

Note: if your Sims 3 launcher was opened you will need to restart it.

Hope this helps some of you that are having problems downloading.

Comments

• Options
    SimGuru_BGY_11SimGuru_BGY_11 Posts: 7,508 SimGuru (retired)
    edited June 2009
    Hey there.

Thanks for posting that! I have bookmarked this thread for future reference.

-Big Guy-
  • Options
    HideakiHideaki Posts: 218 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Can you do this with Firefox as well?

EDIT: I went onto Internet Explorer but there is nothing in the box, the LAN box is also unticked for proxy anyways.

So now I'm just confused. XD

EDIT again: just looked and found the Firefox one... it says never use a proxy... I guess my issue is different to yours.
  • Options
    graycactusgraycactus Posts: 8
    edited August 2010
    i cannot download or upload anything and i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but now it still doesnt work and all of my items are deleted. i have a mac and there isnt a tools bar in safari. any way to do it on SAFARI instead of INTERNET EXPLORER??????