Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Advice for new hosts and help from experienced hosts.

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    edited July 2012
    I have linked to the thread and to that template specifically on the newbie landing page.

Thanks!!
    14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • Options
    brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited July 2012
    Blythelyre wrote:
    One the note of sponsors emailing points, it is very important not to give out personal information about yourself on these forums. If you are new to this site or you don't know the person well enough, never give out your personal email or name or anything like that.

A lot of people will not send you simpoints because that requires sharing personal information.

I agree! I have an email account just for use on the Sims 3 site with my username in it (to keep it anonymous.) I would never recommend anyone give away any personally identifiable info, and it is totally up to the sponsor if they feel comfortable sending points that way, or sponsoring at all! I am always so thankful and glad for every sponsorship, small or large. :)
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
  • Options
    SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited July 2012
    I wish I'd seen this thread when I was running wishlist weight loss, but I still have to thank you for making it! :lol:

Especially the bit about verifying the cost! Calculations can be wrong when you check and even double check, in fact I might even go so far as to have a second person check your math for you! I had a notepad file open, even had it down on paper, and I was still 100 points short! (although I was incredibly fortunate that a couple of friends teamed up and helped me make up the difference, with this recent simpoint glitch I was finally able to give them a little something to show appreciation, because they really didn't have to!)

I'm hoping one day I'll be able to run another contest, although I'd definitely keep it small and simple. Not only that, normally when I buy things with cash I have a rule that I always have to have more than I need to buy the item(s) at the checkout. Never have 'exactly' the right amount as you could just as easily drop a dime in a grate somewhere, the one time I broke this rule was when it came back to haunt me!
  • Options
    Faith_AndhopeFaith_Andhope Posts: 4,468 Member
    edited July 2012
    HessethRan wrote:
    I think it would be very useful if we could get a moderator to sticky a template that people could copy and adapt for their own contests.

For example:

Post 1

- contest name

- contest theme & description

- contest categories, if applicable

- content allowed - SPs, EPs, store content, bonus content, CC, etc.

- for shells and makeovers, which aspects can be changed and which cannot?

- number of entries allowed (per contestant, per category, etc.)

- number of pictures per entry

- deadline (date, hour, time zone, time zone calculator link)

- judges and sponsors

- prizes; break-down by category; clarification of whether winnings can be given to a friend

Post 2

- entry form (creator name, creation title, exchange link, content list, description, pictures); include sample

- judging criteria

Post 3

- list of contestants and entries, along with their status (thinking about entering, entry submitted - not checked, entry submitted - no issues, entry submitted - issues, etc.)

Post 4

- winners

Post 5

- FAQs, if new questions come up

Obviously, things can be shuffled around depending on the contest or how each person prefers to organize things, but I think this is the minimum of information people need to provide.

It's something that a few people could do with GoogleDocs or a similar collaboration platform, since more heads can come up with more questions and scenarios. Then lobby to have it stickied, or otherwise make a point of bumping it, with no additional information spread throughout the thread (all new information would have to be edited in).

Thank you. I have just copied and pasted your suggested format into a notepad document for use in future contests I hold. It is great!
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2012
    nice template
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    sunsetsorbetsunsetsorbet Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited May 2013
    Bump!
    My SimblrMy ShowcaseMy StudioMy Page
    tumblr_inline_ncxfq7fK9U1t2rf78.png
    (no ts3 wishlist, because I own the store)