Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The main reason you can't go back to Sims 2.

The reason why I can never go back to playing Sims 2 is the lack of story progression. I mean thanks to Sims 3 you only need to play as one family for another sim to grow up. Look at Sims 2, if you want to make a legacy and you only want ONE sim from a certain family to marry your current sim you have to play that boring family just so you can age up that ONE sim. And not only that when you move a sim out you have to manage all the other sims or your sim could die of old age while their parents are still in the early stages of elder it just screws everything up and it makes it too complicated.

Comments

• Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited January 2011
    There is no reason I can't go back to The Sims 2. I play both.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    Sunflower227Sunflower227 Posts: 3,644 Member
    edited January 2011
    No camera tilt and not being able to customize my decor and clothing would drive me nuts if I went back now! (I tried....hehe) :mrgreen:
  • Options
    MariskaAmyMariskaAmy Posts: 901 Member
    edited January 2011
    not owning it anymore :lol:
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited January 2011
    No camera tilt and not being able to customize my decor and clothing would drive me nuts if I went back now! (I tried....hehe) :mrgreen:

???

There's a camera tilt in TS2... In fact TS2 had the exact same camera controls that TS3 does (including the TAB key free-cam mode)!
    raw
  • Options
    cupcakecupcake Posts: 5,097 New Member
    edited January 2011
    MariskaAmy wrote:
    not owning it anymore :lol:

^This :lol:
  • Options
    edited January 2011

???

There's a camera tilt in TS2... In fact TS2 had the exact same camera controls that TS3 does (including the TAB key free-cam mode)!
    raw
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    CURSE YOU LIAM... DOUBLE POST!!!
    raw
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited January 2011
    I would love the sim 2 and the sims 3 squished together. That would be perfect. Real vacations , real businesses , real apartments , and real restaraunts with story progession open neighbourhood and that great design tool. That would be my ideal sims game. Oh I would want to be able to be a landlord and run a hotel as a business.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    savethetigers7121savethetigers7121 Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited January 2011
    I play all three, still. Not very evenly though, they all have their strengths and their weaknesses.
  • Options
    SenkoLightSenkoLight Posts: 3,131 Member
    edited January 2011
    I went back to Sims2 for a few days but i missed the ability to invite many neighbors to a party. I also missed being able to follow them to work and have them meet others outside of work.
  • Options
    lovingredslovingreds Posts: 1,920 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Open neighbourhoods.
  • Options
    XhippiedippieXXhippiedippieX Posts: 4,938 Member
    edited January 2011
    For me it is the open neighborhood. I cannot play without that freedom
    now. 8)
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited January 2011
    Open neighborhood, and lack of abilities in creating sims. I can't choose (I am SO a sim maker).
  • Options
    katwoman524katwoman524 Posts: 1,109 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Loading screens! :shock:
  • Options
    brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited January 2011
    Sold the series to HPB.
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • Options
    bored_1bored_1 Posts: 150 Member
    edited January 2011
    I went back a few weeks ago cause I missed pets and uni. If I had the room for it, I would still have those games plus sims 3 and its expansions.

*sigh* too bad computers aren't as cheap in real life as they are in the game.
  • Options
    Hellz_AngelHellz_Angel Posts: 1,694 Member
    edited January 2011
    Because installing and loading apartment life killed my pc
    <3 JD & LC 3-20-13 <3
  • Options
    JillianLightwoodJillianLightwood Posts: 53 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Open neighbourhood and story progression.
  • Options
    xlivE13xxlivE13x Posts: 1,244
    edited January 2011
    create-a-style
    and how they look. Sims2 sims just look so blocky compared to sims 3 sims.
  • Options
    Tikigurl0666Tikigurl0666 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2011
    The only reason why I wouldn't go back is because of customization and story progression. The only thing I miss about Sims 2 is Pets, but hopefully that will be added to Sims 3 soon...
  • Options
    MckenzieMemberMckenzieMember Posts: 1,231 Member
    edited January 2011
    1. Inactive families/ NPCs never aging
    2. Not having as much control over Sims' actions for example if you send a sim to sleep before 11pm in the Sims 2 they get up in the middle of the night (that used to happen to me all the time) so I like the Sims 3 feature that dictates when a sim gets up or when a sim stops working on a skill e.t.c
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited January 2011
    kewln00b wrote:
    The reason why I can never go back to playing Sims 2 is the lack of story progression. I mean thanks to Sims 3 you only need to play as one family for another sim to grow up. Look at Sims 2, if you want to make a legacy and you only want ONE sim from a certain family to marry your current sim you have to play that boring family just so you can age up that ONE sim. And not only that when you move a sim out you have to manage all the other sims or your sim could die of old age while their parents are still in the early stages of elder it just screws everything up and it makes it too complicated.

Story proression does not give you simultaneous aging. That nice little feature is from "Aging on". I often read simmers saying that they love Story Progression and site aging as the reason. I'm very happy that aging is a separate control from story progression.

Story progression manages the sims in the neighborhood, allowing them to move in out, get promoted, get married, etc.

Story Progression is one feature that would make me not want to play TS3. Thankfully EA allowed us to turn it off. It makes too many changes that make my story scenarios difficult. My scenarios involve other households, so any unwanted changes tend to make a mess of things.

I love the Aging feature. I play TS2 style, by cycling among different households. Being able to turn aging on and off as I want makes the game better than TS2. You get the benefit of playing other households plus you get the benefit of being able to age the entire town without playing them.

Create-a-style, traits, and the seamless neighborhood are the main reasons why I don't play TS2 much. I like to build and furnish my homes. TS2 feels so limited now. TS3 personalities are much more colorful than TS2 sims, and I feel trapped on TS2 lots. I really don't like being limited to one lot at a time and having to sit through a load screen to visit another one.

EA nailed these key features. I think TS3 would be a very poor game if it didn't have them.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    LRM09LRM09 Posts: 6,235 Member
    edited January 2011
    Open neighborhood, story progression, CAS, being able to arrange furniture in corners, it's not as hard to get a promotion, I could go on all day.. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    innuendo19innuendo19 Posts: 4,422 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Not being able to choose your Sim's shoes.
  • Options
    KCAngel727KCAngel727 Posts: 427
    edited January 2011
    I simply cant go back because of the limit on decorating.I like that it is so simple to create your own towns,but hate the limit of colors.And IMO the graphics of Sims3 is better :mrgreen: