Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ COMMENTS UPDATE! ♦ Thank you to SimGuruHydra! ♦ COMMENTS BACK UP! ♦

Comments

• Options
    SimbologistSimbologist Posts: 5,287 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I had just become addicted to having chats and the ability to leave message that I knew would not be missed.
    Please return the comments to us! thumb_smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-static-021.gif
  • Options
    Banky007Banky007 Posts: 3,545 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I miss the "My Comments" i hope they hurry up and put it back :P
  • Options
    AlexurtAlexurt Posts: 3,807 New Member
    edited January 2011
    The only thing I could possibly think they are doing is adding a "Confirm Comment" option, possibly to allow the Page owner to confirm a comment prior to someone posting. (perhaps as a privacy/protection measure?)

Whatever they are doing...I just want them back already...Hydra's thread still says "Comments will be down starting TODAY"

"TODAY" was last Wednesday :?

• Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited January 2011
    I know. :roll: I hope we find out something soon. You know how you can't post on someone's page unless you are already a "friend."

Well, I'm sure most everyone has figured out that anyone can read any of your comments they want to. I would like to see that restricted to at least the group of "friends." Even better yet would be if no one could read any of your comments but you. Your friends could post and perhaps delete their own comments but it would be nice if the comments weren't left "unlocked" and unprotected like an open book siting out on a table at the public library.

Nevertheless, I'll be happy to have them back even if there are no improvements.
  • Options
    Jorge10dcJorge10dc Posts: 1,796 Member
    edited January 2011
    Reachsims wrote:
    I know. :roll: I hope we find out something soon. You know how you can't post on someone's page unless you are already a "friend."

Well, I'm sure most everyone has figured out that anyone can read any of your comments they want to. I would like to see that restricted to at least the group of "friends." Even better yet would be if no one could read any of your comments but you. Your friends could post and perhaps delete their own comments but it would be nice if the comments weren't left "unlocked" and unprotected like an open book siting out on a table at the public library.

Nevertheless, I'll be happy to have them back even if there are no improvements.
    I agree with this, we should be able to block others form seeing comments.
    but if it'd be quicker just give them back as they were.
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited January 2011
    :? I agree this is getting pretty ridiculous now, but i do have a solution for you all once we do get them back. Back in sims 2 a group of us always copy\pasted our comments into our blogs so that people could repaet comments as back then once you commented that was it, you couldn't comment again to the same page :roll: Just always keep a fresh comment at the top of your present blog that you are deleting comments and placing in your blog, that way if anyone needs to continue a convo, they can know where they left off ;)

hugs, Terry
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    mcgranormcgranor Posts: 1,682 New Member
    edited January 2011
    When was this moved? :roll:

Removing the Comments Feature for a week...
    Really, there's enough EAnsanity w/ forum glitches, exchange problems, store troubles, game issues, site hacks, etc.
    Maybe they couldn't stand to see something actually working?
    I'm guessing they get paid by amount of complaints, and this is their "bonus" check. :roll:

• Options
    marieblue17marieblue17 Posts: 6,142 Member
    edited January 2011
    mcgranor wrote:
    When was this moved? :roll:

Removing the Comments Feature for a week...
    Really, there's enough EAnsanity w/ forum glitches, exchange problems, store troubles, game issues, site hacks, etc.
    Maybe they couldn't stand to see something actually working?
    I'm guessing they get paid by amount of complaints, and this is their "bonus" check. :roll:

Ah, McGranor!
    Thank you for the gift!!
    :o
  • Options
    mcgranormcgranor Posts: 1,682 New Member
    edited January 2011
    :lol::lol: ^^there it is! :lol::lol:

You're very welcome! :D
  • Options
    marieblue17marieblue17 Posts: 6,142 Member
    edited January 2011
    mcgranor wrote:
    :lol::lol: ^^there it is! :lol::lol:

You're very welcome! :D

XD
    Hurley chucks a Hot Pocket!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Good morning, EA. Just checking to see if you are awake.
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited January 2011
    Please bring them back soon!. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I miss My Comments.. :(
  • Options
    igzigpuffigzigpuff Posts: 2,634 Member
    edited January 2011
    Gahhh, who knew you could get used to something so quickly!!! :x
    Oh please bring back the comments, :cry: ....Now! :?
  • Options
    yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited January 2011
    Please bring back Comments. How long :?:
    27-11-2015_185647_zpsyfowoxwm.png
    Gallery link - I wish Toddlers, Weather, Pets… in Sims 4
  • Options
    brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited January 2011
    I'm not upset about them taking the comments away for as long as they have. I know a lot of people want them back, but you may have to face the idea that they may not be coming back. I mean, look how quickly they fixed the forum gltiches. :?
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm not upset about them taking the comments away for as long as they have. I know a lot of people want them back, but you may have to face the idea that they may not be coming back. I mean, look how quickly they fixed the forum gltiches. :?
    The My Comments feature will be taken down tomorrow - Wednesday January 12 for maintenance. They will be back up soon.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

The Sims Web Team

It's not about us "facing" anything. While we would like everything to run perfectly, we can live with forum glitches -- we have been. :?

It's about The Sims Web Team keeping its word, as promised through the words of SimGuruHydra, as quoted above.

Some good news, maybe -- Clearly, they are aware we are asking because someone moved this thread of mine from a different forum to this one. :D
  • Options
    brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited January 2011
    And the same can be said about the comments. This is my opinion. I can live with without comments ever coming back. The glitches are getting worst by the day. You can live with the glitches if you want, but it's a bigger issue than the comments being gone. Also, what good would the comments be when, or if, they bring them back and the site is so glitchy you can't access the site at all?
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • Options
    SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited January 2011
    Hi guys,

Huge apologies for the delayed response - My Comments will be back up soon. We'll keep everyone updated.

Very sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Hi guys,

Huge apologies for the delayed response - My Comments will be back up soon. We'll keep everyone updated.

Very sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you so very much, SimGuruHydra! :D

I wasn't trying to be rude, just trying to get a response.

The Comments section is very important to the Gifting Forum, where I had originally posted this thread. (I realize that wasn't the best place for it, but I'm sure you've noticed from the OP that this thread has been used for multiple purposes regarding Comments.)

Thank you again! :D
  • Options
    DiS02DiS02 Posts: 528 Member
    edited January 2011
    I'm also of the mind that I do not care if they ever bring the My Comments section back.
    I'm getting tired of the site giving me Liam every time I try doing a blog post, I'm tired of having to log back into my purchase history every 5 mins or less when I'm doing dl's, I'm tired of Liam near every time I try posting.

I'll admit that a lot of it may be due to my using a cellphone as my connection, but this is the only site that gives me repeated issues like that. I've accepted the fact that I can not get patches due to speed issues but the rest is not.

Overall, I'm happy with what I have so far. I've webmastered enough to know not everything is perfect, I would rather be able to see a link to someones email or facebook page for comments or contacting than the comments section.

This is all my opinion, your milage may vary (YMMV).
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited January 2011
    That's good news!.Can't wait to have my comments back!. :D
  • Options
    aadddaaddd Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited January 2011
    if only we can make contact with theam to fix the ps3 sims 3!
  • Options
    StrawberryBasketStrawberryBasket Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited January 2011
    Yay! I'm glad they listened to us!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Let's hope that this evening's scheduled maintenance will mean a return of Comments for us.

... and some site improvements/fixes. :?