Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why haven't they thought of this?

At first I was excited with the Sims 3, as it brought an ever growing world with Sims living their own individual lives all around my Sim... but after enough playing, I feel like my Sim has to initiate every important situation. A proposal to go steady? I have to do it. Marriage proposal? I have to ask. Why can't a significant other ask my sim if he or she wants to adopt/make a baby?

Why can't other sims ask my sim on a date, causing a prompt for the gamer to choose to go with it, or turn 'em down, or a first kiss? It's one thing to receive a phone call and choose whether to talk on the phone or hang up, or accept an offer to get together outside of the house... but really? Is that it? Why not make the game more interesting? Say, based on each personality trait, Sims bring along a possible series of prompts brought on by Not-Currently-Played-Characters?

I'm not saying we should have prompts interrupting game play more often than not, but a little more variety and choice, rather than me manipulating every side of each sim around my own would be nice :D

Comments

• Options
    miloandotismiloandotis Posts: 5,475 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I totally agree, but I think it's too late to change it now..
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited December 2010
    I also agree op. I've been wondering the same thing. It would make the game a lot more interesting and fun.

They could implement this in an ep or a patch update.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited December 2010
    A proposal to go steady? I have to do it. Marriage proposal? I have to ask. Why can't a significant other ask my sim if he or she wants to adopt/make a baby?
    Would you really like your Sim to just accept or decline such things without you having anything to say about it? :)
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited December 2010
    I did once see one of my Sims have her first kiss with a guy who initiated it. I was so surprised; I was thinking, "Wow I can't believe she didn't reject him!" He had the Inappropriate and Flirty traits, though, so he was basically trying to kiss everyone. ;)
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    Polinaki19Polinaki19 Posts: 858 Member
    edited December 2010
    yes i agree. the next ep should be named "relashionships" ;)
  • Options
    originalsimoriginalsim Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited December 2010
    Jon Lessen asked my sim to movein with him once. Haven't seen that happen since though. (they were engaged,she did the proposing though :? )
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Polinaki19 wrote:

How about signing my romance ep petition?
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/312354.page
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Erpe wrote:
    A proposal to go steady? I have to do it. Marriage proposal? I have to ask. Why can't a significant other ask my sim if he or she wants to adopt/make a baby?
    Would you really like your Sim to just accept or decline such things without you having anything to say about it? :)

I think what she means is when her sim is around a sim that is unplayable then the unplayable sim ask hers one of those things. She then has the option to say yes or no. What she means is when the unplayable sim ask the sim she is playing at the time so she could say yes or no.
  • Options
    LauraKateThomsonLauraKateThomson Posts: 5
    edited December 2010
    Hmmm, good idea! I'll sign the petition catlover. It sounds like a good game!
  • Options
    Polinaki19Polinaki19 Posts: 858 Member
    edited December 2010
    Polinaki19 wrote:

How about signing my romance ep petition?
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/312354.page

sure. sounds cool ;)
  • Options
    luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited December 2010
    that would be cool. Remember the movie scenes in the sims 2?

Imagine if your significant other in the sims 3 could go in for the first kiss and message pops up asking if you reject or accept.

Then the movie scene goes to whatever choice you accept. That would be cool.
  • Options
    sunkissed300sunkissed300 Posts: 1,574
    edited December 2010
    Polinaki19 wrote:

I would probably make tht a special pack
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited December 2010
    Polinaki19 wrote:

Relationships - I like that!
  • Options
    SimmySimianSimmySimian Posts: 357 Member
    edited December 2010
    Great idea, OP
  • Options
    SkidoodilybopSkidoodilybop Posts: 123 Member
    edited December 2010
    Erpe wrote:

We would! Thus the "prompt"! I message might pop up where one sim has asked my sim if he/she would like to partake of something like making a baby...etc., and you as the player could have the choice to say "yes" or "no"! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    zorba2357 wrote:
    Polinaki19 wrote:

Relationships - I like that!

Another name could be Love Conquers All. A simmer a while back thought this name up.
  • Options
    Roadkill3777Roadkill3777 Posts: 7
    edited December 2010
    I think there should be a sims 3 Holidays expansion pack, that celebrates Christmas and stuff. I think they should be able to choose the religion of the sim/sims family. I also think the sims should be able to go from town to town like a road trip to visit other family and friends. And maybe have nice vacation spots with warm places like the Bahamas or cold places to go. The sims should be able to have seasons and winter sports like skiing, snowboarding, and ice skating on ponds and rinks. When its summer time the sims should be able to scuba dive, water ski and fun stuff like that. We should also be able to be very interactive when the sims do those sports.
    Thank you for reading this and I hope that even if you don't like some of what I listed maybe it gives you ideas to share. :D
  • Options
    NathanNowellNathanNowell Posts: 933 Member
    edited December 2010
    i so agree with this..
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I think there should be a sims 3 Holidays expansion pack, that celebrates Christmas and stuff. I think they should be able to choose the religion of the sim/sims family. I also think the sims should be able to go from town to town like a road trip to visit other family and friends. And maybe have nice vacation spots with warm places like the Bahamas or cold places to go. The sims should be able to have seasons and winter sports like skiing, snowboarding, and ice skating on ponds and rinks. When its summer time the sims should be able to scuba dive, water ski and fun stuff like that. We should also be able to be very interactive when the sims do those sports.
    Thank you for reading this and I hope that even if you don't like some of what I listed maybe it gives you ideas to share. :D

I agree but they won't do an expansion pack on holidays. A stuff pack is what they would do this on and yes I'm hoping that the next stuff pack after Outdoor Living Stuff is a Holiday Stuff Pack.