Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ageing Up and Moving Out Question - Please Help!

Hi all :D

I have a quick question - once your Sim reaches adulthood and you want to move them into their own place, how do they get enough money to buy their own place? Am I right in saying they don't get the 20,000 like in the Sims2? The only options I could see were to transfer the entire household funds to the moving Sim :?

TIA for your help :D:D

Comments

• Options
    WizardDaniWizardDani Posts: 198 Member
    edited June 2009
    They do get a certain amount of funds depending on the difficulty (one sim = $16000, lots of sims, x>$20000) once they move out.
  • Options
    fredbaremumfredbaremum Posts: 22 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you, I don't know why that didn't happen to my Sim, but I'll go check it out. :D
  • Options
    simplyzachariahsimplyzachariah Posts: 22 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm having the same issue. I have moved two sims out so far and neither got any funds. Does the family need to have the funds for them to leave? Do you just kick out? Move out without a house? How do you get the funds? I haven't seen this yet.
  • Options
    LinzkLinzk Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    dont you only get the 16000 for one sim and 20000 for lots if you dont move them out using the phone/computer?
    Whenever i move people out directly from the house using the 'move out' or the 'kick out' option they dont get any money....ever...

• Options
    fredbaremumfredbaremum Posts: 22 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I ended up moving her out via the 'edit town' option, and she got the 16000. I still don't know how to get the funds if she just moves out during gameplay.