May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Save a style not saving styles!

Hey everyone, I searched but I couldn't find a similar problem to mine..

OK, so I started my game up yesterday and noticed that all of the styles that I've created since Sims 3 came out were gone (very aggravating!).. None of my custom hairs (as in colors), make up or clothing styles were in CAS.

When I created a new sim and tried to change appearance in the mirror, again, all my make up colors were gone. I created a couple new colors for her hair, eyeshadow, eyeliner and lipstick, played for a while, saved my game then exited.

Now today I go back into the same game and everything is gone again! My styles remain in the game until I save and exit out. Then as soon as I start my game up again, back to all the defaults.

Can anybody help me, please?? This is getting very frustrating.

Comments

• Options
    Robyn536Robyn536 Posts: 590 Member
    edited November 2010
    Still no one?
  • Options
    SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited November 2010
    Usually saved styles should be stored in a file called userPresets.package in your My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder. When you reinstall the game will create a new userPresets.package file eventually and if you haven't backed up the old one and put it back to replace the new one everything will be gone.
    So, suddenly losing ALL styles suggests that you somehow lost that file.
    As to the other thing of styles not really saving, yeah I noticed this, too. Sometimes you save a style and it stays saved and sometimes it doesn't. Nothing you can do, I fear.
  • Options
    Robyn536Robyn536 Posts: 590 Member
    edited November 2010
    OK, thanks!