Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

problems with previous sims3pack files since LN?

I've been playing the same household since the base game but when I imported the sims3package file to LN my game just won't load showing an error message: "there's been a serious error, please restart the application" and it just stops there.

Rebuilding the house will take me at least three weeks, besides, it was full of collection objects from China, Egypt and France, so I have to travel again and do all quests again....

I deleted cache files but the problem persists.

Did this happen to anyone? Is there a known incompatibility between LN and previously saved games? WHAT CAN I DO?

EDIT: I do not use any mod or CC from the Exchange.

Please, I need help.
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    trut67trut67 Posts: 30 Member
    edited November 2010
    I think your game's saved file is corrupted. Try playing with a different save :)
    I hope that helps. I had the same issue, so I started the game all over again. I deleted all the saved games and I also deleted Riverview (because the game kept crashing because of that world) and I recreated my sims again, except living in BridgePort :)
  • Options
    mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    edited November 2010
    Hi trut67, thanks.

I just started a new game (deleting the previous folder first) and tried to import the package as you do when you download objects from the store. It didn't work.

The odd thing is that last week I could import the game and I really don't understand why I cannot now. I haven't done or added anything to the game. It doesn't make sense...

I think I'll have to start again from scratch and work hard for the following three weeks. The problem is that I cannot excavate because of the known bug.

Thanks for your replay.
  • Options
    snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    edited November 2010
    I have always had trouble with the save game files, so I just use the sims3 package files. I save all my families to a package file with house or sometimes put all things in shared storage then save to package file that way I can move them into a new house, but most times I save family and house. So no I don't have problems with a saved package file from a earlier verson. the last time you saved your family and house something must have gotten corrupted
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y