Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition to add THIS to the next EP/SP

One Word: Spiral Staircases!!!!!!!!!!

(I mean, building can be so much
easier with these around)

Official petition asking to include it on the
next stuff/expansion pack :twisted:

::Signed: NezImani::

Comments

• Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited November 2010
    NezImani wrote:

As Haiden was asking yesterday, or before yesterday, can't remember.

Yes me want! And at least u dont have a topless avatar to distract me, like Haiden does.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    StorixStorix Posts: 5,093
    edited November 2010
    Signed! :P
  • Options
    regulatedrebelregulatedrebel Posts: 197 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I don't really see what all the fuss is about spiral staircases. o__o I mean, sure, they look elegant and all and save a bit of space, but what's the big deal? Good luck on the petition, though, I guess. xD
  • Options
    A1960pnutA1960pnut Posts: 107 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I'm in. I have also been waiting.... :x
  • Options
    NezImaniNezImani Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited November 2010
    NezImani wrote:

As Haiden was asking yesterday, or before yesterday, can't remember.

Yes me want! And at least u dont have a topless avatar to distract me, like Haiden does.

By no means, did I intent to copy Haiden or anyone else who has posted something like this before. I just UGH. I am building my simmie a house, and it would just make it sooooo much easier to work with if I had a spiral stair case.

@ regulatedrebel, lol. I know it doesnt seem as necessary, but I ALWAYS have this issue with space when it comes to me wanting to build smaller houses for my sims :roll:

(It's such an inconvenience trying to find space in a small house) I feel it can just make it so much easier if they were added.

• Options
    BonniyBonniy Posts: 464 Member
    edited November 2010
    put me down too, and how about having L shaped stairs too so you can have a mid landing without using cheats
  • Options
    team_cocoteam_coco Posts: 1,160 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I would LOVE if they would have sprial stair cases... :D
  • Options
    LRM09LRM09 Posts: 6,235 Member
    edited November 2010
    Yes, i would love to have spiral staircases.. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Bonniy wrote:
    put me down too, and how about having L shaped stairs too so you can have a mid landing without using cheats

All in favor say aye :twisted:

:lol: lol.

• Options
    xSapphireSimxxSapphireSimx Posts: 843 New Member
    edited November 2010
    NezImani wrote:
    Bonniy wrote:

Aye ;) I too would like to have spiral staircases :)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    NezImani wrote:
    Bonniy wrote:

aye aye

Arrrrrr, matey!
  • Options
    Mance_JenovahMance_Jenovah Posts: 159
    edited November 2010
    I don't like the amount of space that normal staircases take up, and it takes a lot of time for a Sim to walk down stairs, which is why I have fire-poles set up throughout my four story house :)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I don't like the amount of space that normal staircases take up, and it takes a lot of time for a Sim to walk down stairs, which is why I have fire-poles set up throughout my four story house :)

I can't even place them half the time.
  • Options
    edited November 2010

LOL. That is why I decided to post this in the forums. Like, It's good to have
    the pole and all, but what if you have a baby on your hand?? Like, that was my
    problem just now, and I am was thinking, why have they NOT included these staircases yet?! What if you want to have a room upstairs on a small house
    for your baby, like, UGH. It gets me soo aggravated :shock: (lol)

If they see we want them this bad they will want to include it in the next EP/SP :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

• Options
    edited November 2010

I can't even place them half the time.

Yeah, you have to have free space on both floors. And I don't remember if you're placing the top or the bottom part when you select it. I have one going from the fourth floor bathroom to a third floor hallway. My house is just the Miramontes (one of the pre-made homes in Sunnyvale) with a re-designed interior.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    NezImani wrote:

problem just now, and I am was thinking, why have they NOT included these staircases yet?! What if you want to have a room upstairs on a small house

If they see we want them this bad they will want to include it in the next EP/SP :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    I remember I had one house that I tried making a tower for. I wanted it to be something like 3x3 but it ended up having to be 5x5 because I wanted actual rooms (albeit small) on each level. Spiral staircases would have been handy.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    NezImani wrote:

I remember I had one house that I tried making a tower for. I wanted it to be something like 3x3 but it ended up having to be 5x5 because I wanted actual rooms (albeit small) on each level. Spiral staircases would have been handy.

Mance_Jenovah, that is EXACTLY my point. We should not resort to making houses
    bigger!!! Why can't we just get spiral staircases :?: :?:

• Options
    WELSHMINXWELSHMINX Posts: 13,672 New Member
    edited November 2010
    sign! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited November 2010
    First they need to fix the issue with placing stairs that they broke with the Ambitions release. The basement tool is fine but it's more difficult to place regular stairs.

But I'm so with you on the spiral staircases. They need to be recolorable for the stairs and the railings as well. Been waiting and still waiting.
    Bonniy wrote:
    I really want this too. I have a picture of some stairs I want/need to do in a modern house I've been building forever, for Simjett. (No Jett I haven't forgotten) :oops: They're on a landing but I love them and I don't want to spend all day building them the old way. But these stairs are awesome and tie in with the entryway. Here's a picture of them and the entry way.

OMG! I love these stairs!!!

Pretty sharp! And we have similar stairs and railing already in the game.
    2hgwxec.jpg

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    koolyaidkoolyaid Posts: 789 New Member
    edited November 2010
    signed
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    blunote00 wrote:
    First the need to fix the issue with placing stairs that they broke with the Ambitions release. The basement tool is fine but it's more difficult to place regular stairs.

But I'm so with you on the spiral staircases. They need to be recolorable for the stairs and the railings as well. Been waiting and still waiting.
    Bonniy wrote:

I really want this too. I have a picture of some stairs I want/need to do in a modern house I've been building forever, for Simjett. (No Jett I haven't forgotten) :oops: They're on a landing but I love them and I don't want to spend all day building them the old way. But these stairs are awesome and tie in with the entryway. Here's a picture of them and the entry way.

2hgwxec.jpg

That in game would look Fantastic blunote00!!

YOU SEE EA!? :evil: Give us this on the next EP/SP PLEASE :x

• Options
    oscarzoaoscarzoa Posts: 205 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Signed. Spiral staircases ftw! They had these in Sims 2, and I ALWAYS used them. I hope EA reads this thread :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    NezImani wrote:
    blunote00 wrote:
    First the need to fix the issue with placing stairs that they broke with the Ambitions release. The basement tool is fine but it's more difficult to place regular stairs.

Bonniy wrote:

2hgwxec.jpg

That in game would look Fantastic blunote00!!

YOU SEE EA!? :evil: Give us this on the next EP/SP PLEASE :x
    I know, right. Any sim coming down them stairs would look good, even Liam. :lol:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Speaking of Liam. I mention his name and he comes right away. :evil: :roll:
  • Options
    Gordana123Gordana123 Posts: 659 Member
    edited November 2010
    Sign :)