Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How can you make another family in the same neighborhood?

Am i doing something wrong?haha.
I just got the game and made a sim,played him,saved game and quit. When i go back to game it only allows me to play him. So i chose new game,but it creates a family in a completely diff town. How do i do it so i can make a new sim family that can interact with past sims i have made because when i went to the 1st families house with my new fam in dif neighborhood it said no one lived in that house.
thankss a lot,its prob an easy ques to answer

Comments

• Options
    alycecarrollalycecarroll Posts: 305 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If you're expecting to be able to create multiple households within one version of Sunset Valley, you can no longer do that.

Saves in Sims 3, as far as I can tell, are done similar to RPGs or other industry-standard video games, in that you have ONE active household within a living environment.

You can create a new saved game, but not within the same active neighborhood as another saved game.

No more creating custom mates in CAS.

This is my understanding of it, anyhow. Am I right?
  • Options
    blackboy2222blackboy2222 Posts: 49 New Member
    edited June 2009
    yeah i think your right and its pretty lame
  • Options
    nadjabinksnadjabinks Posts: 21 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No, you guys are both wrong. It takes a little time but you can go to the Edit Town button and once in the neighborhood you can change the main home you want to use and create a 2nd family or play the current families in the hood. There is a button that says "change active household" or something like that and that allows you to change what family you want to play. You may want to turn off "Live Mode" though, or else your 1st family will go on living without you!
  • Options
    PoptartsiclePoptartsicle Posts: 81 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Fortunately, you are not correct. In order to make a new family in your current neighborhood, Go to options, then click edit town. Save your household, then it will take you to a neighborhood map screen. On the User Interface thing, there should be a button towards the bottom left that says "switch households" or something of that sort, just click that. Just a warning, it gets rid of any promises you made to your previous sim.
  • Options
    Gtompkins48Gtompkins48 Posts: 477 Member
    edited June 2009
    If you're expecting to be able to create multiple households within one version of Sunset Valley, you can no longer do that.

Saves in Sims 3, as far as I can tell, are done similar to RPGs or other industry-standard video games, in that you have ONE active household within a living environment.

You can create a new saved game, but not within the same active neighborhood as another saved game.

No more creating custom mates in CAS.

This is my understanding of it, anyhow. Am I right?

Please stop spreading false information.
  • Options
    Emily96Emily96 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    you can play different families. Just go to edit town :)
  • Options
    JPWritingJPWriting Posts: 279 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It's covered in the manual under "Changing the Active Household".
  • Options
    ulysses928ulysses928 Posts: 196 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks so much. Because i was saying to myself why would they not allow you to do that. Lol im off to go make another fam.