Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Smokytopaz Builds - Bel Aire

My celebrity sim needed a house to show off her status, and there were just none suitable. So I built her

one. As she is a vampire now she can only use the hot tub and swim at night, which is a bit sad. It has a

touch of Asian in its interiors.

I know moderns are not what you usually get from me, but there you are I felt like a change!

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3396588#

Exterior
sdpbpv.jpg

Pool area
5vol5c.jpg

living area
10yjiwl.jpg

main bedroom
11gujpl.jpg

dining
2zs34lc.jpg

kitchen
i2nbrn.jpg

overhead
2a95ixy.jpg

You will see some cc in the piccys, cushions and throws etc. I took them out before I uploaded it. And

turned round the garage door.

Like?

Comments

• Options
    SuperPogimonSuperPogimon Posts: 2,429 Member
    edited November 2010
    Yay Smoky! I love it. It's all white and modern and there's a touch of Oriental design in it which I like very much. I will give this a rec. Thanks for sharing :D I also like the red and blabk color combo on your master bedroom and the Grand Piano Room :)
  • Options
    JudilandJudiland Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited November 2010
    Whoa, now this is classy! Great job. I really love the color pop panels on the wall's is that cap or cc? I rec'd & DL.
  • Options
    SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited November 2010
    Hi Pogi, how it going? We miss you. :( I wish you had broadband all the time. Thank you for the rec!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The panels are just that, single panels, cas'd to give the difference! There is no cc in this build, ok maybe a pettern or two!

Thanks for the rec and dl!!
  • Options
    bvrlybvrly Posts: 1,432
    edited November 2010
    absolutly beautiful! Love the layout, heck love everything about it! Great job.
  • Options
    tdewdtdewd Posts: 927 Member
    edited November 2010
    Nice house, Smoky. :) It certainly is unusual to see a modern from you. The outside really reminds of a house I saw recently in Amersham, but the interiors are completely different than what I imagined. I love the dining area and 'piano room' especially. The shades of green look great with the pink from the orchids, and I like the bamboo pattern you used on the walls. Have a rec from me!
  • Options
    LionessInMNLionessInMN Posts: 478 Member
    edited November 2010
    Very clean and classy design! I gave it a rec :) The touch of Asian really adds that little bit of spice to draw the eye. Love it.

One thing I'm dying to ask... I see those garage doors on a lot of builds and I've searched for them but haven't been able to find them. Where are they from? Stuff pack? Store? CC?
  • Options
    garbuckle3000garbuckle3000 Posts: 1,840 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Beautiful! I look forward to what you come up with for our project :)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Thank you Bvrly! Glad you like it!
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited November 2010
    YAY! You have uploaded it Smoky! I am glad you changed your mind! :mrgreen: This little beauty needs to be shared with other simmers. It is a little piece of simmy heaven! Love the architecture and the interiors! Great job! Recommended! :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Thankyou tdewd.... for the rec and the kind words! Bet the one in Amersham didn't have a hot tub!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Thank you Lioness, I thinks those garage doors were in the HELS stuff pack. Hmm or was it FL? HELS I think!!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Garbuckle, thank you kind sir! I think our project will look a bit different!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited November 2010
    HI Smoky!
    Your new modern is fantastic! The living room with the piano overlooking the pool is to die for!
    rec'd of course :)
    mene
  • Options
    jisgr8jisgr8 Posts: 837 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Awesome modern Smoky. It has a very clean and dramatic look with the black window frames and fencing. You know if you start putting your garage doors backwards all the kids are going to start doing it :P. Fantastic lot. Rec'd
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited November 2010
    8) Absolutely stunning, now see it feels good to get out your comfort zone eh? :D Now you can't say "I can't build modern" anymore lol :mrgreen: I especially love the green and pops of color here and there, really makes those rooms stand out invitingly to the eyes...I gave it a well deserved rec :wink:

hugs, Terry
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    SmokyTopaz wrote:
    Thankyou tdewd.... for the rec and the kind words! Bet the one in Amersham didn't have a hot tub!

Haha, I don't expect it did. We only drove past them quickly so I couldn't investigate them further. Certainly something different than the suburban norm.
    am1.JPG

• Options
    Mayeye2Mayeye2 Posts: 87 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Very clean and classy design! I gave it a rec :) The touch of Asian really adds that little bit of spice to draw the eye. Love it.

One thing I'm dying to ask... I see those garage doors on a lot of builds and I've searched for them but haven't been able to find them. Where are they from? Stuff pack? Store? CC?

Very nice house! Giving it a rec.
    Think the garage door is this one from the BahHaus set

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=11488&scategoryId=12336&pcategoryId=12335&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:19504
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Thanks everyone, really glad you all liked it!

Jisgr8, it was lucky I noticed it was in backwards! I could have started a new trend!

TnT - I was certainly out of my comfort zone and it took forever - telling myself less is more, less is more!!

Tdewd, are those the houses? They look kinda out of place somehow. I bet they were built in the 60's!

Mayeye, thank you, I think that garage did come from Bauhaus. I never remember, just that thats the one I want there, now!

• Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited November 2010
    Hi Smokey
    Awesome build. I love the master bedroom. Looks sharp! I aslo like how you have sprinkled the palm fan panels here and there creating art on the walls!

left a rec
    Great job!
    kim :D
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    edited November 2010
    Strangely enough I believe they were built in the 20s? They're all listed now. My mum's boyfriend (before they got together) considered renting one a couple years ago but the one he looked at was surrounded by evergreens so it was really dark inside. The owners couldn't do anything about the trees because they, too, were protected with the house.
  • Options
    LionessInMNLionessInMN Posts: 478 Member
    edited November 2010
    Mayeye2 and Smoky... a ZILLION thank yous! I bought Fast Lane hoping it was in it and it wasn't. Now I know what I need.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Hi Kimjo, thanks for the rec.... cheap wall art!!
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited November 2010
    Hi Smoky
    A lovely modern build love the crisp white colour and the architecture the pool area with great tiles looks like a hidden oasis. :D Beautiful decor with a great layout. A rec for sure. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Hi Follyfoot, the tiles came with LN, there are quite a few really gorgeous patterns there hidden under misc! Thanks for the rec!