Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long do you...

How long do you spend creating your sims?

Currently, i am creating a sim and so far i have taken 40 mins to do her face, hair, make-up and i am right now making her sleepwear.

Comments

• Options
    booey4864booey4864 Posts: 279 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Oh yeah - I take hours. Then after I think it's right, my husband says it looks nothing like me. So then I keep adjusting her for another hour or so. I finally got one that I thought looked like me and when I put it as my Avatar, it totally looks different than the one in my game. arrggg!
  • Options
    vaultboyvaultboy Posts: 166 Member
    edited June 2009
    Holy crap.

I usually just randomize everything so that I can get to playing. I probably take about 5 minutes, most of that time spent on thinking up the Sim's name.
    058-Bible-Stories.jpg
  • Options
    Silver16Silver16 Posts: 2,014 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Depends on the Sim in question's purpose. I don't devote the same amount of time on a sim who's only purpose is to act as a nanny until the toddlers hit children state as I would a family I intend to play.

EDIT: Spent 1.5 hours on my "main" family.
  • Options
    Maxwell640Maxwell640 Posts: 162 New Member
    edited June 2009
    About an hour or so if I really care about them.
  • Options
    monkymn00monkymn00 Posts: 948 Member
    edited June 2009
    I make a pretty general, non-specific sim to get playing. I don't care too much about their looks, I just want to get playing lol.
  • Options
    BrandonFaceCakesBrandonFaceCakes Posts: 154 Member
    edited June 2009
    On a good day, I spend about a half an hour on each Sim.
    But I've taken an hour on one Sim. xD
  • Options
    jackflash223jackflash223 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I learned long ago not to model sims after me, because i will strive to max everything, have everything, and never follow their wants or desires. It really ruins the game for me (its weird i know). So since the sims 1 i refuse to model or name a sim after me. I usually like a randomize with a few tweaks. So maybe 10mins. :lol:
  • Options
    FrostAliasFrostAlias Posts: 150 Member
    edited June 2009
    Usually around 20 minutes, but if it's one I'm really feeling inspired about (such as my avatar), I can spend up to an hour on it.
  • Options
    x0holly0xx0holly0x Posts: 412 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I dont know how you can just click and play XD My sims have to be as perfect as possible x3
  • Options
    arielraearielrae Posts: 96 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I like to make my sims as random as possible, so I spend like literally 5-10 minutes on my sims. I care more about the personality traits than the looks.
  • Options
    booey4864booey4864 Posts: 279 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Other than my Sim self or my husband's, I don't spend a lot of time on the others. But I am now thinking of making the kids in our youth group, like we did for the Wii. Still contemplating because I know THAT will take me forever :)

I am more into creating lots then the characters. I always intend to really play but just never seem to get around to it. I love making new places for other players. :)
  • Options
    SoleilStarrSoleilStarr Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited June 2009
    Oh it takes me wayyy longer than it should. I'm a stickler for detail. I was working on a very simplistic Sim for 2 hours this morning, I didn't even know two hours had passed! I've spent more time creating and building then playing. Theres stuff in the game I don't even know about yet, like I had no idea there were catacombs. :shock:
  • Options
    FatCatFatCat Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited June 2009
    vaultboy wrote:
    Holy crap.
    I usually just randomize everything so that I can get to playing. I probably take about 5 minutes, most of that time spent on thinking up the Sim's name.

Made me laugh because my partner is exactly the same =)
    Put dispenser hereanimaatjes-cupcake-13719.gif
  • Options
    Vr2lroseVr2lrose Posts: 80 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i take quite a long time.. i have noticed the more you tweak the more chance it has to make your face look like pudding in game.

unless your focusing on making it look cartoonish then they seem to end up looking cooler..no idea why.
  • Options
    Silver16Silver16 Posts: 2,014 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Vr2lrose wrote:
    i take quite a long time.. i have noticed the more you tweak the more chance it has to make your face look like pudding in game.

unless your focusing on making it look cartoonish then they seem to end up looking cooler..no idea why.
    Yeah, common mistake is trying to make your sims look "real". Generally doesn't work out too well, so I go for stylish over realistic.