Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire Diaries: Mystic Falls *Started from scratch*

Hello Simmers. I started working on Mystic Falls (The Vampire Diaries town), and first, I need to make families (founder families). However, anyone who think that can make some houses from the series, feel free to do that, I will put them in my world and credit you. Expected time for finishing this project is in September/October...

Comments

• Options
    MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited June 2012
    *Reserved for beta testers*
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I have finally started making this world. I know it's been a while, but I made every family so it was a lot of hard work, editing relationships, ancestors...
    Families that I made are: Gilbert, Lockwood, Salvatore, Fell, Bennett, Donovan and Forbes. There are also many other families.
    So, now, here is the CONCEPT ART how the world will look like. (This is from Facebook, CW has posted it, but I am using it as a model. I have to unlock other areas, so stay tuned.) Also if anyone wants to give me a hand in building those houses, just post comment on my page, and I will contact you what you have to do.

World overview:

1-1.jpg

Cemetery:

2-1.jpg

Some houses of founding families:

3.jpg

Main town area:

4.jpg

I hope that you like it. Please tell me what do you think. :)
  • Options
    will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited July 2011
    Looks Cool.
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited July 2011
    Hi MilutinMujovic,

I do not watch any of this vampire/werewolf/soppy stuff, but I have to say, if you can produce what is in those pictures, that'd be a fine world. ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Thank you Conorsim.
    I am also adapting this world for those who don't like very much supernatural things.
    So, I hope that you'll like it. :)

Oh, and thank you too, will2586.
  • Options
    SassyKyssSassyKyss Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    OMG this Mystic Falls town looks awesome! I never miss The Vampire Diaries, so i CAN'T wait for this download. From the pictures so far, it looks amazing... Good job! :)
  • Options
    3332889033328890 Posts: 304 New Member
    edited July 2011
    It looks great!
    Edit: Er, it sounds great.
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    edited July 2011
    i don't know the series either but it looks unusual from other worlds which is good,lol. I did have one called silent hill which was real foggy and creepy looking.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    momboqueen wrote:
    i don't know the series either but it looks unusual from other worlds which is good,lol. I did have one called silent hill which was real foggy and creepy looking.

This one will be creepy and foggy too.
    Yeah, it sounds great 33328890, but it will look great when I finish.
    I'll post later how it is progressing, it is still rough, but it is starting to take the shape... :)
    Can anyone give me a hint how to build waterfalls and hills?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Can anyone build some houses for me?
    I'll give him/her a couple of pictures how it should be base look, but everything other can be your will in house. :)
  • Options
    jennymarie19jennymarie19 Posts: 28 Member
    edited July 2011
    I don't mind trying to recreate some houses if you have some pictures of them. :) I just love vampire diaries. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Dr_HarleenQuinzelDr_HarleenQuinzel Posts: 16
    edited July 2011
    I'd be willing to help, also
  • Options
    atreyoughatreyough Posts: 671
    edited July 2011
    Wow!I have been waiting for someone to make this! I would be more than willing to help, especially with the inside of random houses, or if there are pictures I could probably do it also. just let me know via friend request if i don't reply on here! it looks like it is gonna really be something! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Lorenna88Lorenna88 Posts: 1,063 New Member
    edited July 2011
    CAN.NOT.WAIT
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I started making this world, and it is 5% complete. I have some difficulties placing the Distant Terrain... :evil:
  • Options
    chama123chama123 Posts: 1,761 New Member
    edited July 2011
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

This is gonna be sooooooooo epic!! :D!

Keep up the good work :3

-Chammy
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I am having a huge problem.
    When I zoom out in Edit in Game mode, edges and the water from that ocean can be seen. I painted area where camera can't see, but it is working only when you zoom in. Can anyone help me?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I am looking on forums for someone who can place Distant Terrain for me, so when I find him/her, I'll let you know.
  • Options
    IaElentariIaElentari Posts: 3 New Member
    edited September 2012
    If you're still working on this world, there are instructions on how to place distant terrain in the CAW Walk Through (found here: http://www.thesims3.com/content/global/downloads/caw/CaW_WalkThrough.pdf -- Page 5, Section 7).

When you place it, it will not fit correctly, but you can use the X,Y,Z handles to get them into the position you want. If you want no ocean to be seen at all, then you can place multiple DTs around the map and adjust their placement so that the water can't be seen. It takes a little practice and a LOT of patience, but it is possible to make an inland town. It's also a great idea to use the angular rotation tool to spin the DT so that you can get it the way you want. Another option is to raise the level of all of the exterior edges to create a 'valley'. By placing rather large no-camera boundaries, you can get very good results.

Hope this was helpful! I'd dearly love to see this town finished -- particularly since Supernatural just came out and I'm not too big a fan of the in-game town.
  • Options
    GlynrielGlynriel Posts: 28
    edited September 2012
    I love Vampire Diaries too. Are you sure you want to start from scratch because Tatmarietoo started this world months ago. I think she might be almost finished with it by now. She said she is waiting for Seasons to come out because she wants the fesival lots in it. She has a thread on it if anyone is interested.
  • Options
    xenacullenxenacullen Posts: 3,474 Member
    edited September 2012
    I love Vampire Diaries & cant wait for the 4th season premiere
    on October 11th,my fave is Damon Salvatore & I cant wait for
    your Mystic Falls world.It looks amazing,oh btw Vampire Diaries
    Season 3 DVD comes out on September 11th,I have mine preordered...
  • Options
    ssinclair1225ssinclair1225 Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    Will Mystic Falls be complete soon?
  • Options
    missjasmin_xmissjasmin_x Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Glynriel wrote:
    I love Vampire Diaries too. Are you sure you want to start from scratch because Tatmarietoo started this world months ago. I think she might be almost finished with it by now. She said she is waiting for Seasons to come out because she wants the fesival lots in it. She has a thread on it if anyone is interested.

wheree can i download this ??
  • Options
    cheybabyxxcheybabyxx Posts: 34 Member
    edited April 2013
    This is extremely late but omg it looks amazing. I was hoping to find the download for it because I so want it lol.
  • Options
    Happychic101297Happychic101297 Posts: 1,002 New Member
    edited May 2013
    this is late as well.
    I hope he's still creating it.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top