Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Smokytopaz Builds - Mon Repose

This is Mon Repose, a very english cottage with lovely gardens. An old lady, Mrs Harris, lives here alone now since her husband passed away some years ago. She sometimes looks around and

wonders if she should replace some of her stuff, but then shakes her head and says, 'Nay, it'll see me out'. She likes to sew and still plays the piano. Once she had a baby grand but there is no room

here so she has settled for a portable one.

Her grandchildren sometimes come to stay, not as often as she would like but thats the young ones today. Her son said he would help her this year dig over the vegetablle garden. She keeps

lavender beds and make little pot pourri gifts for her friends.

Her favourite spot is beside the fire in the kitchen in her old armchair and with her knitting, listening to the radio. She like to settle down her of an evening in time for 'The Archers' (an everyday

story of country folk). Next to the pond in the garden (her husband was very fond of the pond) is a spot to read in.

link
http://gb.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3358615

Slideshow
http://www.slide.com/r/zMfwN4GH2T8hR0soI7PAZO-RbRhOHmV5?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

Inspiration
2yopwtx.jpg

Front
wim1aq.jpg

Back garden
imntdv.jpg

Kitchen
350pcli.jpg

link
http://gb.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3358615

Well there it is my entry for Fidlers challenge this month (November 2010).

Like?

Comments

• Options
    tdewdtdewd Posts: 927 Member
    edited November 2010
    Like? A mere like?!

It's the best thing since sliced bread! Actually scratch that, it's the best thing since this sliced bread commercial:

You've got this spot on with all the floral patterns - it's just as I imagine a cottage to be. Generously sized, too. It looks perfectly playable. I also love your landscaping - it's perfect. In fact every single entry I've seen so far has brilliantly designed gardens so I pity those judges! :)
    I like the character you created as well, the part about not seeing enough of her grandchildren made me smile. It sounds like my grandparents, lol.

Fantastic job, Smoky. Do I really need to wish you luck in the competition? ;)
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited November 2010
    Hi Smoky, As a fan of English cottages, I can say that your Mon Repose is truly beautiful! I love the architecture and the garden is so pretty! Inside, I love the kitchen/diner, the living room, the dining room and the 2 double bedrooms! Lovely choice of patterns! Specially love the rose pattern you have used! Left a well deserved recommendation for your cottage! :thumbup:
  • Options
    l8nytsimmerl8nytsimmer Posts: 1,528 New Member
    edited November 2010
    What a lovely home! So cozy. Wouldn't mind living there myself!
  • Options
    menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited November 2010
    Charming!
    Your landscaping is perfection!
    and Grandma's in the kitchen :D

rec'd and dl of course :)
    mene
  • Options
    SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited November 2010
    tdewd, thanks a lot..... doubt it will do well though on the exchange as the simmers world is all playing in the big city - Fidler wanted a cottage so a cottage it is! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    jisgr8jisgr8 Posts: 837 New Member
    edited November 2010
    You've outdone yourself Smoky with this country cottage. The setting you've created def has that lived in feel to it so just looking at the place gives me a warm squishy feeling inside. Recommended and good luck with the competition :D
  • Options
    hillcrest1414hillcrest1414 Posts: 226 New Member
    edited November 2010
    A fabulous interpretation of an English cottage and I love the pretty garden.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Well I guess the exchange is just not playing again.....

Yanti you are so sweet! Thank you

l8nysimmer - hi! thank you

mene, hiya honey hows you? Aw thanks

jisgr8 - sweet man, glad I gave you a warm squishy feeling!

hillcrest - thank you so much

If it ever shows up on the exchange it might do a bit better!

Onwards and upwards!!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Eight hours after uploading, it appears on the exchange :shock: Why so long?
  • Options
    spartan1spartan1 Posts: 606 Member
    edited November 2010
    Hi Smoky - wow this is so pretty! I love it! The house, the landscaping, everything! It now lives in my favourites. :D

Good luck with the challenge!
  • Options
    Mythago68Mythago68 Posts: 690
    edited November 2010
    It is a beautiful cottage. I would like to live there too. It is going to my favorites as well!

Rec`d :)

• Options
    hmsdrco2001hmsdrco2001 Posts: 818 Member
    edited November 2010
    Hey! I love your new cottage, Mon Repose. It has such a cozy atmosphere! The kitchen is perfect. I like the chest in the bedroom. The landscaping is very pretty, and I love the pond and undulating fence line. A download and recommendation for one of my favorite builders. :) Hope all is well with you.

Take care,
    Bill
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Hi Spartan....thank you so much! A fav! Wow.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Hello Mythago! Wow another fav, that is really kind!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Hiya Bill, I am fine thank you! 'one of your favourite builders'? :oops: How very sweet, I like little cottages! Thank you.
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited November 2010
    What a nice and quaint cottage. The patterns are perfect for that lived in homey feeling. Dl and recommendation!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Thanks SimEve!! I wish the exchange would behave though!
  • Options
    AllureAllure Posts: 773 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Such a gorgeous cottage Smoky. It has a lovely shape and you landscaped it so beautifully. Love the interiors, especially the kitchen and the living room... such pretty patterns and colors. Definite rec from me. :D
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited November 2010
    :DHi Smokey
    It looks awesome. Very warm and welcoming! I have always associated the picket fence with a cottage build. Looks great.As always your landscaping looks perfect. Super job. Good luck with fids challenge. leaving a rec

kim :D
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    edited November 2010
    Thank Allure..... loved your vampire!!

Hi Kimjo, picket fences and little cottages just go together! Thanks for the rec!
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited November 2010
    Hi Smoky
    Mon Repose is a charming cottage. I love the colours and wallpapers you have chosen, it has the look of a much loved home with a wonderful garden to grow vegies for delicious home cooked meals.
    Hello to Mrs Harris another great sim you have created to complete the picture of your builds. :D Good luck in the challenge, a rec for sure. :thumbup: