Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game lagging during normal speed... please help

I noticed recently that while playing on normal game speed, that my game lags ridiculously. The movement is very choppy and annoying. I'm not sure what the problem is, but the first thing I troubleshooted was that maybe it was the graphics card. I upgraded from an EVGA GeForce GTX 260 to an EVGA GeForce GTX 460, but was extremely disappointed to find that I had the same problem. I'm just lost on what the problem could be. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Check out my YouTube channel, ComStar Sims: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt_kBzfB0REHNLOZyucASjA?view_as=subscriber Thanks! ~ Brittney

Comments

• Options
    BaelzianythBaelzianyth Posts: 684 Member
    edited November 2010
    not a graphics card issue.

from what worked for me, uninstalling and reinstalling CC, optionally deleting your cache and saved games data (or just backing it up and putting it aside), might help clean the game up and allow it to run properly.

Not sure if it is a long term solution.
    Forum needs a Sympathy option to add to disagree (automatic), Agree (after finding proof of statement elsewhere), Like (not sure what this is for other than sympathy comments to OPs that done a bad), and LOL (at oblivious people posting comments fishing for sympathy).
  • Options
    SondajaySondajay Posts: 23 Member
    edited November 2010
    A lot of people are having the issue
  • Options
    LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited November 2010
    Please post your Dxdiag report:

1) Click RUN
    2) Type "DXDIAG" and click ok
    3) Click "Save all information" and save it to your computer
    4) Copy and paste the entire thing into a post
  • Options
    Sgizzle09Sgizzle09 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited November 2010

post dxdiag.

Have you tried looking around your town to see if you see any sims stuck anywhere? I have heard of a sudden lag (after you have been playing it for a while smoothly) caused by a stuck sim or 2. If you find the sim-click on her to get her name, then try the resetsim cheat with her name as the sims name and see if that fixes your lag (if you can find the stuck sim)
  • Options
    Harper1984Harper1984 Posts: 9
    edited November 2010
    posted my 64bit dxdiag at this thread http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/291030.page