Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What the Sims 3 forum could use to make it better!

Hi all,

I wrote about this in another thread, but it will get lost. As there some talk about signatures being used or not used in the forum, I though I'd give my opinion of what the forum could use.

If I had to change things I don't like on the forum, why can't more thread's be listed on the main pages? There are so few that can be, only 15, that's one of the reason threads move to back pages so quickly. The search feature doesn't seem to work very well, hopefully that will get worked on. But making the page longer may help with the repetative threads.

Also, they need to be subdivided more like the BBS was. The different categories-General Discussion, Idea's, Expansions, so on so forth would really help. I know technical has it's own spot, but some more subtitles may help also.

But thank you EA for the game, I'm loving it.

Happy Simming everyone,

Kendra

Comments

• Options
    PossessionlessPossessionless Posts: 236 New Member
    edited June 2009
    yeah, i absolutely agree with you. :)
  • Options
    Dale08Dale08 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This is a PHPBB forum so I know you can put tons of threads on the main list. I support your idea. However what does this have to do with the sims?
  • Options
    kaloesche68kaloesche68 Posts: 815 Member
    edited June 2009
    That's my point exactly, at the BBS there was a spot for threads about the website. Go back and read some threads here, there are many posts that are just about the website. Some are about pictures that don't even have anything to do with Sims, are who has the best looking avatar. People are saying they can't find info, well if there were subcategories for these threads, maybe they may be able to.

:P
  • Options
    PossessionlessPossessionless Posts: 236 New Member
    edited June 2009
    oh.
    this forum needs to add another category for non-sims related.
    because its also fun to talk about your fave tv shows, music, ect.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I agree, and I really thing all the games that are being played are fun, The Sim Below Me and stuff. Someone in another thread was complaining that they couldn't find any info about Sims because of all of those threads and the signatures, so they could add a misc subcategory. Or "Having Fun from Sims" or "Talk about anything you want" or "Go Crazy" category, LOL.

The main thing is the number of threads on the main pages. To go from 50 to 15 seems to be a major waste of space to me. I'm sure having the links to the other Sim games on the bottom of the page is important, but make them smaller!

:lol:
  • Options
    SimSevenSimSeven Posts: 738 New Member
    edited June 2009
    That's my point exactly, at the BBS there was a spot for threads about the website. Go back and read some threads here, there are many posts that are just about the website. Some are about pictures that don't even have anything to do with Sims, are who has the best looking avatar. People are saying they can't find info, well if there were subcategories for these threads, maybe they may be able to.

:P

Threads in the General Discussion can be about The Sims 3 Game or the Sims 3 Forum.
    In a sense the avatar game has some what to with the forum, it allowed. However the really random threads are a bunch of spam and people will get banned for it.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited June 2009
    I totally agree!

Especially in regards to how few of the threads show on the very first page. People who honestly want help or have a question end up having their posts buried and off the main page so fast during the busy times of the day that it has to be having an effect on whether or not they get help.

The signal to noise ratio on this forum (as with most forums) is not exactly that good, limiting the number of threads showing on the first page to just 15 is just not a good thing.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    dollarsndiamondsdollarsndiamonds Posts: 279 New Member
    edited June 2009
    yeah, good idea kid :D
    i think the search engine for forums is a bit dodgy, i was thinking maybe EA could make it possible to look up usernames and that will show all the posts that person has made.
  • Options
    iFidgetiFidget Posts: 236 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Totally agreeing with you on subcategories. Also sometimes I can't tell if I'm in general discussion for the sims 3 or general discussion for the sims 3 store because all you get up the top is: "Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)" for both of them!
  • Options
    Vietgirl_xoxoVietgirl_xoxo Posts: 7,142 Member
    edited June 2009
    Ugh, no one wants to hear your suggestions! (just kidding)

Cooool suggestions, I agree..8D
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    If you are having problems with people the easiest thing to do is report them. I reported a few people and got email confirmation from EA that the accounts were dealt with appropriably.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    you reported me, didn't you? :O
    I'll be goood. :cry::mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2009

I won't say, but their are people that have done worse than what I have seen from you.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    SimSeven wrote:

I won't say, but their are people that have done worse than what I have seen from you.

You know that thread that was like..
    here for along time called "Soooo hot!!"

Well, there is ALOT of people talking nasty, I didn't even have the guts to join in as much because I don't want to get banned. I would always say it was totally nasty and such. All I do now is just look at the darn thread!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Same with the Random Thread 2.
    just go and report everyone in their.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Dude..

I'm like scared now. O_O
  • Options
    Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited June 2009
    Sick of people saying the game sucks because they forgot to set their graphics settings to highest
    Or that the game is a huge disappointments because of loss of hottubs
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Dude..

I'm like scared now. O_O

If you get banned it won't be permanent.

EA sent me this:
    Hello,

The email address XXXXXX , and all EA personas associated with it (including personas/accounts used for multiplayer games), have been suspended from our services for 72 hours. This action was taken due the severity and number of violations of our Terms of Service committed with the personas associated with this email address.

Please note that although only this account has been suspended, it is against our terms of service to use another account that is named in reference or is otherwise similar to the banned persona to continue posting. You should also avoid committing further violations after your suspension is lifted or risk further action including a permanent ban (which may permanently prevent access to online/multiplayer games and services).

You can reference the Terms of Service at any time via the link at the bottom of every EA.com page or through the following direct URL: http://www.ea.com/global/legal/tos.jsp

Thank you for your attention.

EA Forums Administrator
    Customer Support

EA.com Customer Relations
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Now I've got to go find that thread and read it! And Vietgirl, if you weren't so funny, you'd be annoying! LOL just kidding!
    Thanks all,
    Kendra
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    SimSeven wrote:
    Dude..

I'm like scared now. O_O

If you get banned it won't be permanent.

EA sent me this:
    Hello,

The email address XXXXXX , and all EA personas associated with it (including personas/accounts used for multiplayer games), have been suspended from our services for 72 hours. This action was taken due the severity and number of violations of our Terms of Service committed with the personas associated with this email address.

Please note that although only this account has been suspended, it is against our terms of service to use another account that is named in reference or is otherwise similar to the banned persona to continue posting. You should also avoid committing further violations after your suspension is lifted or risk further action including a permanent ban (which may permanently prevent access to online/multiplayer games and services).

You can reference the Terms of Service at any time via the link at the bottom of every EA.com page or through the following direct URL: http://www.ea.com/global/legal/tos.jsp

Thank you for your attention.

EA Forums Administrator
    Customer Support

EA.com Customer Relations

And wow SimSeven, your brave. To tell people you possibly got them banned, that takes guts. Simmers have long memories!
  • Options
    NatsNats Posts: 488 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i much prefer this forum to the BBS
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    thats a relief.

I stop posting those today.
  • Options
    ashtonfx899ashtonfx899 Posts: 144 Member
    edited June 2009
    agreed :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I like it better also, just the few things I suggested though. To go from 50 threads on the front page to 15 DRIVES ME CRAZY, LOL.
  • Options
    NatsNats Posts: 488 New Member
    edited June 2009
    SimSeven wrote:
    Same with the Random Thread 2.
    just go and report everyone in their.

wow wow, put the ban hammer away.

yes people are being annoying, but in general, everyone's here for a bit of chat (mainly sims related). I'd feel very harsh reporting people and then telling people what i'd done :( this makes me sad