Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't play due to crashing while loading.

First time playing it, I created my Sim in CAS and all was fine. I decided to use the option to look into a few apartments before buying and all that loaded fine. But when I bought my seem a apartment and the page loaded to go into it, the game crash. I tried it once again with my Sim and it crashed again. I tried it with a pre-made Sim already in the apartment and again with a house, then again with the apartment, all crashed.

I took out all my mods and hacks, but it crashes. It either crashes while loading the apartment or seconds after successfully loading the apartment. My computer is pretty good when it comes to settings, so I really don't think it is struggling with that.

Anyone else having crashing issues when trying to go into a building (house and apartment)?

Comments

• Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited November 2010
    Hi,

The following may provide a solution to your issue:
    From CampMaster:

All I did was the following:

- Start a new game in Bridgeport
    - Go to Edit Town
    - Remove the "Community Fire Department" that the game auto-plants at 357 4th Avenue (a 40x30 lot) (using the bulldoze tool - DO NOT remove the lot, just the building!)
    - Set the lot to "Residential"
    - Set 34 1st Avenue (30x30 lot) to Community/Fire Station
    - Place "Community Fire Department" from Community lots picker on 34 1st Ave
    - Save game to start from it in the future
    - Play

This is step by step EXACTLY WHAT I DID and Bridgeport now functions flawlessly for me.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    SoupahReoSoupahReo Posts: 2,290 Member
    edited November 2010
    Thanks.

I had two grey lots, both of which are now gone.. However I think the land might have also been deleted aswell, even though I only bulldozed once, but no matter.. It saved and loaded a apartment with out crashing, so now I can play the game. :D
  • Options
    LovelySimLoverLovelySimLover Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    Do you know what to do if I only have Generations?