Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PLEASE HELP please :( ! black items store items in Barnacle Bay

i recently posted about my problem with all the electronic items in the store being all black, which i put up with for a while, but now im getting irritated by this, i bought these items and use them all the time

so in another attempt to uninstall ... re-download and such

i get this message

Error: Cannot uninstall package with dependants
done

what does that even mean and how come my objects (electronic) are all black

please help

i really dont meen to spam or anything i posted this in the wrong section so im coping it here, but also iv discovered ... (IV ALSO POSTED IN THE TECHNICAL HELP SECTION AND OVER NIGHT I HAVE ONLY HAD 1 VIEW...) RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS HERE :cry:

that picture on the tv's works...and if i download a lot from the exchange with atleest one electronic store item on it ... all my other electronic items work but only on the downloaded lot,

this makes no sense to me

Comments

• Options
    MeyersParrotMeyersParrot Posts: 366 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Does your houshold have enough money to purchase the electronic items. I noticed on your last post that they appeared to have a red background (that means not enough funds).

For the black tv in the room (it could be a bed, sofa or anything else) I just go into buy mode, grab hold of the item and delete it.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    BD5141BD5141 Posts: 3,044 Member
    edited October 2010
    If I was you I would contact EA. Does this happen only with the electronic items or other items? It could be your graphics card or memory. Do you have all the patches installed? Do you have any mods or CC in your game? Make sure you don't have that doll that was causing problems.
    Here is EA number in case you don't have it
    1-866-543-5435
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    If I was you I would contact EA. Does this happen only with the electronic items or other items? It could be your graphics card or memory. Do you have all the patches installed? Do you have any mods or CC in your game? Make sure you don't have that doll that was causing problems.
    Here is EA number in case you don't have it
    1-866-543-5435
  • Options
    drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    edited October 2010
    mm some of those tv's she didnt have enough funs for, but even when they do the items are all black,

its like the texture file for the object is missing :?

and deleting thems one thing, but i want these items to work, i love my electronic items, and i had no trouble with getting them to work before,

thankyou for replying though,
    my only other idea is to uninstall everything and try re-installing se if that does anything :( little extreme though
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    i dont have any mods/custom content in the game, and its only the electronic items, i changed the settings from high > low and that makes no difference either, :(

Thankyou! is that the US number though ?

i doubt i have that doll, iv only downloaded 2 item from the exchange by the time i noticed it, but i will have a check for it, thanks for reminding me about that one

IV JUST FOUND OUT IT ONLY HAPPENS IN BARNACLE BAY ! :?

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yes that's the number for the US
    I do have one other suggestion
    Give this a try and see if it helps
    Go to Start/ My Documents/ Electronic Arts/ Sims 3
    Look for these files
    Accessory Cache, Groups Cache, Cigen Package and Content Registry
    also if you have this file delete it too
    TempDBSegmentPackedFile
    Right click and delete the files I have listed, if you don't have all these files don't worry just delete what you have
    Restart your game
    When your game starts up it will make new files of these, these files can sometimes become corrupted and you can delete these each time before you play which will make your game run better.
    I do this on a daily basis
    Happy Simming
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    last time i did that though i lost all my store content :? is that meant to happen ?
    when i checked back i did see it made new files, but i couldn't get my store content unless i put the original file back :?