Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A happy thread

I played LN for a few hours last night and I just want to say, it is visually very stunning. In the midst of threads asking about vampires and glitches, I just thought this needed to be said. :)
a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    blueflame17528blueflame17528 Posts: 1,937 Member
    edited October 2010
    Agreed! Everywhere I look it seems the threads are "Crashing!" or "Ahh I found a glitch!"

Everyone is still getting a feel for the new stuff though...maybe things will change up in a few days.
  • Options
    nar1819nar1819 Posts: 34 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Agreed, I need to see more positivity.

Can I just say I love some of the new patterns and the new sliders, as well as the fact I can build my dance clubs and nightlife venues again!

Also, can I say its so much easier to find a vampire sim now?
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    edited October 2010
    I had a glitch in my game but it did not take away fromt he fact that i absolutely love it!
    This is the pack i have been waiting for. I got to play for about4 hours yesterday and am just so pleased.
    I love the Celeb lifestyle, the clubbing, apartment living and just he whole city life. They did a fantabulous job creating the city and the feeling of one. The sounds are great.
    I like the vamps too. They are soooo much better then in TS2. My gorl just started dating Matthew hamming and he is so cool. I have a sort of Sookie, Bill thing happening with them...lol...

Well, Im off to play...see you guys later!

Oh yeah..it was soo neat when my sim went into the hot tub and brought her drink with her. She just laid back and sipped it. Awesome!
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    edited October 2010
    nar1819 wrote:
    Agreed, I need to see more positivity.

Can I just say I love some of the new patterns and the new sliders, as well as the fact I can build my dance clubs and nightlife venues again!

Also, can I say its so much easier to find a vampire sim now?

Yes it is. They are practically everywhere in my game. I met like 3 of them my first night out.
  • Options
    Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    edited October 2010
    It's a bit of good news of those who haven't received the game yet. Thanks for perking us all up!
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
  • Options
    Neena608Neena608 Posts: 387 New Member
    edited October 2010
    trithone wrote:
    I played LN for a few hours last night and I just want to say, it is visually very stunning. In the midst of threads asking about vampires and glitches, I just thought this needed to be said. :)

I too think this EP is great!! I have yet to meet a vampire though. I am loving it so far. :-)
  • Options
    BlooplieBlooplie Posts: 157 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I know that people have been waiting so long and so excitedly for this game that if something doesn't work it's really frustrating. I was really lucky this time because I was able to get my computer ready, my drivers are up to date and my custom content is at a minimum (for me). I am not saying that is what causes other people's problems but those things were probably the source of any I had in the past. That said, I agree with you about the look of the game and I am very happy with it.
  • Options
    JBFdaDonJBFdaDon Posts: 53
    edited October 2010
    The Breast Siders are so unexaggerated and porportioned to a female Sims body. Jun Yi is a work of art in this game...Man if she were real...I'd...certainly not share what I'd do in this all ages forum hehe
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited October 2010
    A happy thread = new. :mrgreen:

After watching vids on youtube bout late night - i agree, it's beautiful.
  • Options
    JBFdaDonJBFdaDon Posts: 53
    edited October 2010
    Neena608 wrote:
    trithone wrote:

I too think this EP is great!! I have yet to meet a vampire though. I am loving it so far. :-)

Yea my band member turned me lol And I waited a couple of days and went to the science center for the elixir. GOOD TIMES lol watching the sim transform gradually. I got into a bar fight with a Sim Vamp 3 times with full athletic ability and lost EVERY...SINGLE...TIME. My sim has never lost a fight in TS1, TS2, and TS3 until now...EPIC.
  • Options
    Daboogadie2Daboogadie2 Posts: 352 Member
    edited October 2010
    Lovin' it! Alot!
  • Options
    katyshewankatyshewan Posts: 2,717 New Member
    edited October 2010
    thank you, i hate this "Another problem" "HELP" "empty clubs!" it got me all, worried. but im just going to keep it all calm until i get the email and scream :lol:
  • Options
    littlemissleolittlemissleo Posts: 2,445 Member
    edited October 2010
    Totally agreed!!! The clothes are amazing, the hair is awesome, and the shoes are totally sweet. The town looks gorgeous and I love love love the half walls, the fountains, and the curved pool feature. Iwould say more about the gameplay but I spent all of last night making my sims and their houses. I played until I got a monster headache from staring at the screen. :P
  • Options
    HappyPhantomHappyPhantom Posts: 881 Member
    edited October 2010
    Well I'll chime in with my 2 cents. This EP has completely changed the way I play Sims 3 and that is saying a whole lot! I typically only played 1 sim, not very sociable because it always seemed like to much work, who typically went to work and came home.

I know it sounds like a very dull playstyle but I've never been fond of trying to control a whole bunch of sims, I get frustrated a bit easy :oops: , so I'd do the rags to riches thing and get their skills up. Usually after hitting the top of their career level I'd be bored and quit.

Late Night has been a dream come true. Until I got in there and started playing, I really wasn't sure how the whole "celebrity" thing was going work out. It's soo much fun and the fact that it's not tied down to any particular job/profession makes it that much better.

For the first time, I'm extremely sociable and it doesn't seem like a big hassle. I get invited to parties (yay for not having to throw one) where I schmooze other celebrities, I go to clubs and buy rounds of drinks or group servings of food and the people at the clubs love me for it. I was totally saving up for a nice fridge when all of a sudden I get a popup saying I was gifted one just for being me! I've only been working on the piano (in terms of instruments) so far and loove the way it sounds and it's great when my co-workers and friends show up and we have a jam session. I also love that when you go to certain clubs, finally, your sim automatically changes into their formal attire! Until this ep, you never saw it again after CAS unless you clicked on your sim and made them change.

I realize many players have always been very sociable and perhaps usually play with large families, but I never did before this EP and it has made me the most sociable I've ever been and it's been a total blast to boot! There are still a ton of aspects I haven't even tried out yet like the whole vampire thing and other instruments, I haven't even jumped into a hot tub yet haha and yet I'm having a blast!!

Finally the graphics are amazing and the amount of new content we got is awesome. I don't play with cheats or mods or cc, I buy from the sims 3 store and have content from every ep and stuff pack that's come out and there is a ton of objects, clothing and hair to choose from.

So to sum it up, there are definitely things on my wishlist that aren't here, however, the pro's totally outweigh the con's and I have a feeling this EP will have me playing much more than I ever did before. Can't wait to hear what they're working on next!! :mrgreen:
    sims4forumsmaller.gif

• Options
    SciFiWarlockSciFiWarlock Posts: 5,267 Member
    edited October 2010
    I can honestly say that I've had no issues what so ever with LN :mrgreen:

.....Mind you that could be due to the fact that I don't have LN :?..........YET :wink:

Sorry could not resist :lol:
  • Options
    HippieMama2HippieMama2 Posts: 240 Member
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, a happy thread! I'm not having the issues other people mention. But then again, I didn't with the other expansions either. Sometimes I wonder if people don't have as powerful of a computer as they would like to think.
  • Options
    BeaEllaBeaElla Posts: 366 Member
    edited October 2010
    Yay for happy thread!

I absolutely love the game as well and so far I haven't had any problems (apart from my need to cheat my sims to fame!)

I took out all my CC last night and have been playing without since I installed just to make sure that in case something was wrong, it wouldn't be the CC ;)
    My chaotic simblr
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited October 2010
    Don't let the negativity get you down. Remember, this will happen with *every* expansion pack. Someone is always going to moan and complain because they have issues, and *sometimes* it's not the game's fault; it's just that common sense steps weren't taken before installing the game.

At any rate, I am really enjoying reading these threads where people are actually thrilled about their gameplay experience. It gives me something to look forward to.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited October 2010
    I think this is the best EP ever. The world is visually stunning and it seems that a lot of thought went into building it. I wonder if they hired one of our world creators to do it because this type of town is just something I have not come to expect out of Maxis/EA. Even the houses are ok. This is the first town that I considered playing with instead of wanting to create my own straightaway. I'm enjoying it a lot.
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited October 2010
    I'm bookmarking this one so I can comment after I get LN. So far I have never had any problems. Keeping fingers crossed for this one.
    It's always good to see the happy threads.
    I have never used cc or mods, so we will see how things go for me this time.
    Some of the things I already have because of the update. Thank you EA designers and thank you OP for posting this thread.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    QueenBeewannabeeQueenBeewannabee Posts: 342
    edited October 2010
    Happy thread indeed!

Late Night is awesome and so far I don't have any glitches and no crashes.

• Options
    simmingmom1simmingmom1 Posts: 323 Member
    edited October 2010
    I have enjoyed playing the game so far. I have no complaints at the moment. However, since I have been playing the game, I want apartments more and more. LOL Happy simming ya'll. :D