Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dear EA...

If I may say, thanks for the update at least on the deleted forums, and I really do hope you take care of the imposters, but this:
But we encourage you to start new ones

REALLY got me a little p/oed.

I'm sure you all saw at one point (if you've been around long enough) The Tea Legacy, written by Kittycattylion, right? Well, that legacy was about a year or so old. And yet... you are just saying to make a new thread? That to me is absolutely ridiculous. I'm sorry, but it's true. No back up to the forum has EVER been made? there's no possible way for you to look back and see if there was a backup? A bit irresponsible if you ask me, but I do understand that you tried your hardest, and please, for the sake of our sanity, keep backups ._.

Thanks EA, in a kind way ;)
23uvol1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    435q435q Posts: 1,968 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Preach! I do think that there wasn`t very much control they had on it, other than the obvious things. I wish that didn`t happen because one of my story`s thread got deleted and so did many other people`s hard work.
  • Options
    berrypie27berrypie27 Posts: 15,492 Member
    edited October 2010
    5 generations and hours and hours of time and effort justs *POOF* gone... :( Its a terrible and hateful act and I cant wait for those individuals Karma to come back around. Its going to be quite nasty....
  • Options
    LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited October 2010
    berrypie27 wrote:
    5 generations and hours and hours of time and effort justs *POOF* gone... :( Its a terrible and hateful act and I cant wait for those individuals Karma to come back around. Its going to be quite nasty....

Wait, are you saying that the accidental deletion of some topics was HATEFUL? Or am I just reading your post wrong? No one deserves bad "karma" or bad things to happen to them for an accident that they didn't mean, nor should you be wishing bad things upon anyone, you do know that right?
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited October 2010
    LittleV wrote:
    berrypie27 wrote:

Wait, are you saying that the accidental deletion of some topics was HATEFUL? Or am I just reading your post wrong? No one deserves bad "karma" or bad things to happen to them for an accident that they didn't mean, nor should you be wishing bad things upon anyone, you do know that right?

It wasn't accidental::
    We discovered that there were forum admininstrative accounts that were maliciously used to impersonate EA employees and were used to delete many important, helpful, and fun threads on the forums.
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    zanysazyzanysazy Posts: 2,210 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I know its sucks like really its terrible but what more can hydra do?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    zanysazy wrote:
    I know its sucks like really its terrible but what more can hydra do?

Not sure, but this is kinda just addressed to EA in general, with Hydra's post as some referenced used.
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    vidkid21vidkid21 Posts: 3,731
    edited October 2010
    So someone purposely deleted my thread? Well thanks a lot! Seriously what where is the security?
    I feel bad for everyone involved.
  • Options
    SR_in_SimmerlandSR_in_Simmerland Posts: 4,083 New Member
    edited October 2010
    435q wrote:
    Preach! I do think that there wasn`t very much control they had on it, other than the obvious things. I wish that didn`t happen because one of my story`s thread got deleted and so did many other people`s hard work.

BkV8K.gif
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited October 2010
    omg are you serious? someone actualy HACKED the forum?

i dont know what to think about that...
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited October 2010
    LittleV wrote:
    berrypie27 wrote:

she said it's hateful because someone did it on purpose. read hydra's thread.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2010
    I know it's terrible, I'm sure it's devastating to everyone involved but do you really expect EA to save every thread/topic on all their game forums?

It should be more of the posters responsibility to keep a back up. Even those will get messed up or misplaced. Things happen, intentional or not.
    I feel more sad for EA employees having to feel all the malice from the Forum.

If EA lost all my stuff I uploaded over the years, I would be okay. I have back-ups. :)

I think it's great of them to encourage people to keep going. Don't let this drag you down. Smile and go on. =]

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Rflong7 wrote:
    I know it's terrible, I'm sure it's devastating to everyone involved but do you really expect EA to save every thread/topic on all their game forums?

It should be more of the posters responsibility to keep a back up. Even those will get messed up or misplaced. Things happen, intentional or not.

If EA lost all my stuff I uploaded over the years, I would be okay. I have back-ups. :)

I think it's great of them to encourage people to keep going. Don't let this drag you down. Smile and go on. =]

I do agree that backups should be made by the original poster, but in events such as this, main backups to the forums should really always be made...
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    435q wrote:

BkV8K.gif

I was thinking that exact thing when she posted that x]
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    LittleV wrote:
    berrypie27 wrote:

It wasn`t an accident. A guru stated a couple of hours ago that someone got into an administrator account and deleted things. They do deserve bad karma because they did a bad thing. That`s the idea of karma... She wouldn`t have said it just to be mean. A lot of people`s works got deleted, and that`s their time and dedication wasted. She wasn`t false accusing anyone.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    435q wrote:

BkV8K.gif

A Glee reference? For my post? I`m in heaven! Seriously, that`s awesome. XD
  • Options
    berrypie27berrypie27 Posts: 15,492 Member
    edited October 2010
    Rflong7 wrote:

I totally agree Ruffles, keeping a blog or any sort of back up is always a wise decision, but the fact remains that a hurtful act was done to intend harm on good people. And they deserve the karma they will receive.
  • Options
    PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited October 2010
    I don't believe any of this nonsense that Hydra is trying to put upon us. There were at least three things wrong in her post.

1) It took you days to look at the site's security logs?

2) Has there ever been a forum backup?

3) Were the administrative accounts that easy to get into? Administrators ALWAYS need the strictest passwords.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    think they are just trying to duck the blame?
  • Options
    PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited October 2010
    Zeri wrote:

Definitely. Twitter administrators had their accounts hacked multiple times in the past year. Each time, the hackers used a dictionary to find the Twitter administrator's password.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    it could be. perhaps all the venom and hostility hurt their wittle feelings
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited October 2010
    Zeri wrote:

OH, scandalous! wow I hope not!
  • Options
    doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I don't believe any of this nonsense that Hydra is trying to put upon us. There were at least three things wrong in her post.

3) Were the administrative accounts that easy to get into? Administrators ALWAYS need the strictest passwords.

I must admit, this was my first thought too.
    It did dawn to me that it could be them just trying to cover their tails. Trying to shift the blame. It's all to easy to just say "A hacker did it".
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited October 2010

And how long did it take for kirby to hack into the 'free simpoints'...
    then click the button multiple times...
    then gift them to dozens of people...
    then rack up hundreds & hundreds of dollars of 'gifts'...

before EA finally figured out what was going on?

I think you are assuming a security on this site which doesnt exist.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    vidkid21vidkid21 Posts: 3,731
    edited October 2010
    I'm blogging about this and it's funny how we both thought same thing Phantom. Oh I'm suspicious alright!
    Edit: I dont know what to believe though. Hmmm...
  • Options
    originalsimoriginalsim Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited October 2010
    I don't see why they would make up something about the admin account being hacked though... Kind of makes them look foolish, no? If they are in fact the ones who deleted threads on purpose wouldn't they just give us some BS reason about revamping the forums and making room for new threads and that unfortunitely a few important ones were accidentally deleted along the way? Or (more in their style)say nothing at all?

Or am I misreading what the speculation is about?