Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

** What are your favorite traits and why? **

Comments

• Options
    SimFanaticcSimFanaticc Posts: 777 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Mondain38 wrote:
    Here's what "Troll on Forums" means (and by the way, as far as I know, only evil Sims can do this): It means... "to post an offensive message on a forum just to get a reaction from the forum's other users". I've made a thread about this very subject, in fact!

Evil is one of my favorite Sim traits, because I like the evil cackles, the fact that evil Sims can steal candy from babies, the "Fiendishly Delighted" moodlet they get from watching other Sims suffer, and the fact that several interaction titles are evil-themed!

Here are some of the evil-themed interaction titles:

"Wash Hands with Evil Soap"
    "Take Evil Bath"
    "Take Evil Shower"
    "Evil Slumber"
    "Have Fiendishly Quick Meal" (or something like that)

Thats really cool!
  • Options
    misstiamisstia Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Try randomizing all of your traits! you get a surprise sim every time!!
  • Options
    simmiestsimmiest Posts: 51 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My Sim has the traits: Evil, Genius, Kleptomaniac, Insane and Mean.

She enjoys taking wicked baths and evil slumbers, and donating to undermine charities. She often gets the wish to "Imply Mother is a Llama".
    I had her befriend Vita Alto, and when she visited she stole things from her, like her car. Nick and Holly knew she was up to no good. She invited herself to stay over but was sad to find there were no spare beds, so she turned the television on in the room Holly was sleeping in, and when she got up, my Sim turned it off and stole her bed.
    She went to visit the cemetery and came home with the statue of the Grim Reaper - I tried it also in Central Park, and she came home with the statue from there. She displays them on her front lawn, which gives a 'Beautifully Designed' moodlet.
    I tried to make her steal the school bell, but it has a fence around it - plus, it is in buy mode - but maybe I will get her the teleporter.
    She is in the Criminal career track, so she sneaks when she is out robbing her neighbours, and rummaging through their rubbish.
    But she does donate the bugs she finds to the Science building - even the two Rainbow Butterflies she found near the Stonehenge.
  • Options
    nazgul250nazgul250 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I love the traits
    Green Thumb- for some reason I love gardening in sims 3 much more than 2
    Kleptomaniac- I love when my sims go and just steal a chair from the bistro
    vegetarian- I love this is as I am one and I'm extremely satisfied that the people who did s3 remembered us vegos. :lol:
  • Options
    KarazaraKarazara Posts: 764 New Member
    edited June 2009
    nazgul250 wrote:
    I love the traits
    Green Thumb- for some reason I love gardening in sims 3 much more than 2
    Kleptomaniac- I love when my sims go and just steal a chair from the bistro
    vegetarian- I love this is as I am one and I'm extremely satisfied that the people who did s3 remembered us vegos. :lol:

Hmm, sounds like someone with those three traits would still a lot of other people's plants so she can grow vegetables lol...

Made a lot of loners, partly because socialization seems much more manageable. They're kind of shy around other sims, but they enjoy the solitude if they can find a like minded sim to hang around with. I also made him artistic and hates the outdoors... he has to go outside a lot to find good subjects to paint, bugs him a lot but I suppose he has to suffer a little for his art lol... besides he constantly wishes to go back inside and my constant granting of such wishes earned me a lot of LTR points.

My sim just married a clumsy sim... she's constantly breaking things! My sims has to keep fixing up stuff around her. I've been working my handiness skill up a bit to upgrade to unbreakable the more crucial things in the house (especially the dishwasher, computer, and bathroom fixtures.) She's an artistic loner just like him... how they met, in a quiet art gallery.

I had an insane sim who was difficult, though entertaining, to manage. Other sims thought him a bit weird (especially his habit of dressing inappropriately often... wearing formal wear to bed, going out in public in his sleep clothes, etc) so social situations tend to be a bit random.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Karazara wrote:
    nazgul250 wrote:

My sim just married a clumsy sim... she's constantly breaking things! My sims has to keep fixing up stuff around her. I've been working my handiness skill up a bit to upgrade to unbreakable the more crucial things in the house (especially the dishwasher, computer, and bathroom fixtures.) She's an artistic loner just like him... how they met, in a quiet art gallery.

Thats so cute :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ihutchihutch Posts: 74 New Member
    edited June 2009

My top 5 traits so far

Athletic - So i can run and have a fit n buff sim
    Brave - can put out my own fires, tackle burgulars and it helps in getting a raise
    Workaholic - just because work can be stressful and hard.
    Schmoozer - so i can **** up to the boss and co-workers
    Handiness - so i can learn to fix my own items and bonus for doing the challenges.
  • Options
    IrishChickIrishChick Posts: 665 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Inappropriate is the trait which allows you to "troll" forums.

You can choose to write an inappropriate post on a forum and read the responses!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    IrishChick wrote:
    Inappropriate is the trait which allows you to "troll" forums.

You can choose to write an inappropriate post on a forum and read the responses!

Thats so funny :P
  • Options
    PurrcatPurrcat Posts: 130 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I haven't tried a lot of them yet. For some reason I tend to stick to genius, friendly, computer whiz, lucky, good sense of humor, family oriented, good kisser, good, loves the outdoors, athletic, easily impressed...
  • Options
    ShaprepenrShaprepenr Posts: 123 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I love one of the animations for Insane in CAS. The sim is angry and it grabs some imaginary object in the air and starts choking itself. It hilarious!! I don't play with insane tough. I'm too OCD and give my sims good traits. I guess my favorite trait to actually play with is Neurotic because if you ever have a negative moodlet, you can pretty much cancel it out by freaking out. :lol:
  • Options
    JemllJemll Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Childish is pretty cute too.

They play with their hands, entertain themselves and then giggle afterwards.
  • Options
    ZetawilkZetawilk Posts: 852 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Evil was the first one that made me laugh because of the concept of taking an "Evil Shower". Then of course I realized how poorly implemented the system was if all that really made them evil was the fact they just did mundane things evilly.

Insane was also pretty disappointing, since I thought they'd act more insane. There's not enough humor in the game.
  • Options
    LeHawtness813LeHawtness813 Posts: 1,200 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Good Sense of Humor + Charismatic = Win
  • Options
    Huney0919Huney0919 Posts: 502 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Personally, I love the absent-minded sims...(sims after my own heart :oops: )
    They forget what theyre doing constantly....get to the top of the stairs and forget theyre going to bed...get into the bathroom and forget they need to potty...etc...its fun to watch...
  • Options
    KaibillyKaibilly Posts: 60 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree with insane - just hilarious, I loved watching to see what clothes my sim would wear all the time - sometimes formal for bed or swimwear around the house.

Charisma and friendly are good too for upping relationship points.
  • Options
    vivicanavivicana Posts: 374 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Jixi wrote:
    Pyromaniac, because well they are playing with fire and sometimes random sims get fried!

Pyro????? Had not noticed this one.
  • Options
    AdmETPiettAdmETPiett Posts: 22 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I love the genius trait just because I've got a thing for geniuses. 8) I also love Childish, those Sims just have the most fun!
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited June 2009
    Friendly has ended up being one of my faves because relationships go up soooo much faster
  • Options
    LadyParkerLadyParker Posts: 81 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Computer Whiz - love the hacking option

• Options
    edited June 2009
    Friendly has ended up being one of my faves because relationships go up soooo much faster

For quick relationships, Charismatic / Humorous is the way to go. Trust meh.
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Lesse.

.... Flirty, insane, mean-spirited, good, because no one seems to like to have their day cheered up. =D

They just... have more stuff to do.
  • Options
    Sliver22Sliver22 Posts: 47 Member
    edited June 2009
    Meh? Isn't that something you say when something is whatever to you?
  • Options
    LongknifeLongknife Posts: 771 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Schmoozer with the business career is one easy ticket.

Good Sense of Humor and Charismatic is irresistable.

Evil and Daredevil seem to simply change tags for stuff.

Loser gives you all sorts of news from work about how your sim is a freaking loser.

Lucky and Good are good for boosting your mood.

Couch Potato does NOT leave that **** couch. They usually end up really happy with plenty of lifetime rewards but holy **** they seriously live there.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Longknife wrote:
    Schmoozer with the business career is one easy ticket.

Good Sense of Humor and Charismatic is irresistable.

Evil and Daredevil seem to simply change tags for stuff.

Loser gives you all sorts of news from work about how your sim is a freaking loser.

Lucky and Good are good for boosting your mood.

Couch Potato does NOT leave that **** couch. They usually end up really happy with plenty of lifetime rewards but holy **** they seriously live there.

This is all completely true.